Trees (Beta 1.1)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by sma, Oct 5, 2016.

1. sma

sma Subatomic Cosmonaut

I noticed that you can now cut trees down throughout the outer areas but cannot replant them. I was not sure if that was intentional or if it was overlooked? I was thinking it would be nice to be able to cut down the trees but then replant them. Possibly the shrubs too. It would make travel throughout a little more convenient (unless that is part of the time management strategy part of the game)

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

"Outer areas", you mean like the Forest, or near Robin's house?

They will regrow automatically.

• sma

sma Subatomic Cosmonaut

I just came back to delete this. I noticed that after messing around. But I thought there was a problem because you can only cut some down. Then it hit me that is just to stop you from cutting around the houses... sigh.

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

That said, I'd love to be able to "dig up shrubs" in the farm area...and even in the surrounding areas around the town (that aren't in the main town...like...in the forest and on the side paths)...and then have them regrow again a season later.

This way, people could "transplant" the shrubs into their farm if they wanted to...but at the very least, they could remove the ones that are in their way in some parts of the farm (especially on the new maps, heh).

sma likes this.
          • scaledwolf

scaledwolf Master Chief

I was going to see if CA put a way to replant the bushes. I guess not.

• sma

sma Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think that it is a part of time management. Its a large portion of the game. You need to plan your routes so as to avoid small obstacles that make traveling slower. But I thought it might be good to be able to remove them after reaching a certain point in the game. Maybe after an iridium milestone for your axe and/or pickaxe. I'd also love to see a community day where you can clean up the garbage areas in the town and/or general in town improvements.