RELEASED [SMAPI] Lookup Anything

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Aug 22, 2016.

1. senlim

senlim Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi, I'm not sure if this has been suggested but can we have it do lookup when we open a chest?
    (currently I'd have to put it in my inventory, get out of chest, open inventory then finally can do F1)
    Thanks!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

I use Chests Anywhere, so I didn't even realise that didn't work. Yes, that'll definitely be implemented in the upcoming 1.5 version. :)

senlim likes this.
      • jrades

jrades Big Damn Hero

Hello great mod, I have been loving using it. I just got the updated version and it was working fine. I then closed the game and changed the config, from F1 to Q. Restarted the game and then it closed once I hit Q. I have removed my file and then put in a stock version, but it still happens even with hitting F1. Any ideas on how to fix it?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hello @jrades. Try causing the crash again, then send me the file at %appdata%\StardewValley\ErrorLogs\MODDED_ProgramLog.Log_LATEST.txt.

• jrades

jrades Big Damn Hero

Ok thanks, here it is.

Attached Files:

• gandalfthecolorblind

gandalfthecolorblind Big Damn Hero

I know this is a big request, but is there any chance of this information being unlockable sort of like collections?

What I mean is things like prices, recipes, likes/dislikes, mob drops, etc. wouldn't be available until you'd sold an item, learned the recipe, given an item or killed the mob at least once.
              The game tracks the number of items you've shipped, mob kills, and recipes, so I'd think that info is available somehow. Likes and dislikes I'm not so sure about. The game may track that, but it may just say 'you gave this person x worth y relationship points, so add that.'

Either way, very cool and handy mod.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

The Chest Label System mod is crashing, based on your logs. Try updating that mod to the version attached to this thread. (Make sure to download the file attached to that post, don't follow the link to the official mod!) Let me know if that fixes the problem.

That's a very good idea, and it's been suggested before. It's a possible feature for the distant version 2.0. It's a bit complicated because the game doesn't track enough information to do it fully; the mod would need to inject its own tracking.

• gandalfthecolorblind

gandalfthecolorblind Big Damn Hero

Sounds awesome. I'll keep an eye out.

• Natsulus

Natsulus Void-Bound Voyager

A crash occurs for me with the following error if the window is too small (worked with 1360x800, but failed with 1280x760):
                    Code:
                    [ERROR] An error occured in the overridden draw loop: System.ArgumentException: The scissor rectangle is invalid. The scissor rectangle cannot be larger than or outside of the current render target bounds.
                    Parameter name: value
                       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.set_ScissorRectangle(Rectangle value)
                       at Pathoschild.LookupAnything.Components.LookupMenu.draw(SpriteBatch spriteBatch)
                       at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
                    [03:42:31.174 PM] [ERROR] An error occured in the overridden draw loop: System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
                       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
                       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState)
                       at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Draw(GameTime gameTime)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Thanks for reporting it. I added that to the list of fixes for the upcoming 1.5 release. :)

• Davrial

Davrial Big Damn Hero

While tracking may be difficult, I believe you should at least have a minor version of it implemented if you add a searchable encyclopedia. Wouldn't want players being able to just readily search things and people they haven't come across yet.

Actually come to thinking of it, having an encyclopedia would possibly actually make tracking a bit easier. You could just make it so that Looking Up someone or something just adds that entry in the Encyclopedia.

I dont know too much about coding, but that sounds easier than just straight up tracking internally. Essentially makes it so every On Lookup it adds the target to the Encyclopedia. That way it's not an actual tracking measurement but rather a one-off quick activation triggered On Lookup. And since it would be just triggering a duplicate one-off activation, overlap wouldnt matter (unless the player somehow Looked Up the same thing multiple times simultaneously somehow).
                        Implemented a certain way that could even be useful: making it so that whatever was most recently triggered On Lookup shows at the top of the Encyclopedia's list.

• Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

Error when looking up any fruit tree.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

I think progression mode should be an optional feature, which is why I'm resistant to enforcing limitations before we add it. My approach for now is to avoid spoilers in lookup results. For example, you can lookup data and game mechanics for Abigail before you even talk to her, but you won't learn anything meaningful about her that way (e.g. her personality, relationships with others, heart events, etc). The search UI will also be an optional feature — you're free to disable its hotkey if you want to avoid any possible spoilers.

The next few releases will focus on adding the search UI, polishing, and fixing bugs; progression mode is probably the next big feature after that.

That's a really good idea for progression mode. I saved your comment to the tracking ticket for reference when we start working on it.

Send me the file at %appdata%\StardewValley\ErrorLogs\MODDED_ProgramLog.Log_LATEST.txt and I'll take a look. :)

• Inacio

Inacio Void-Bound Voyager

I'm also getting this error:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Inacio and @Natsulus: you both reported the "scissor rectangle is invalid" error. Please try the attached 1.5 prerelease build — it includes a potential fix as well as improved error handling and logging. Does the issue still happen with this version? If it does, please send me the file located at %appdata%\StardewValley\ErrorLogs\MODDED_ProgramLog.Log_LATEST.txt so I can look into it.

(EDIT: removed download; see latest version.)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
                                • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Lookup Anything 1.5 beta is now available! This is a big release, so you can try it now before its official release tomorrow. Feedback, bug reports, and suggestions are welcome. :)

Changes:
                                  • You can now lookup a villager from the calendar.
                                  • You can now lookup items from an open chest.
                                  • Added cask aging schedule.
                                  • Added better NPC friendship fields which account for dating and marriage.
                                  • Added marriage stardrop to heart meter.
                                  • Added support for the new iridium quality.
                                  • Added debug log.
                                  • Added option to suppress SMAPI's F2 debug hotkey, which can have unintended consequences like skipping an entire season or teleporting into walls.
                                  • Fixed gift tastes not handling precedence when NPCs are conflicted about how they feel.
                                  • Fixed error when screen resolution is too small to display lookup UI (pending confirmation).
                                  • Fixed error when calculating a day offset that wraps into the next year.
                                  • Fixed errors crashing the game in rare cases.

Attached Files:

mat013579 and Davrial like this.
                                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Lookup Anything 1.5 is now available!

Changes:
                                    • You can now lookup a villager from the calendar:
                                      [​IMG]
                                    • You can now lookup items from an open chest:
                                      [​IMG]
                                    • Casks now show their aging schedule:
                                      [​IMG]
                                    • Added better NPC friendship fields which account for dating and marriage:
                                      [​IMG]
                                    • Added support for the new iridium quality.
                                    • Added debug log.
                                    • SMAPI's F2 debug hotkey is now suppressed by default, since it can have unintended consequences like skipping an entire season or teleporting into walls.
                                    • Fixed gift tastes not handling precedence when NPCs are conflicted about how they feel.
                                    • Fixed error when screen resolution is too small to display lookup UI (pending confirmation).
                                    • Fixed error when calculating a day offset that wraps into the next year.
                                    • Fixed errors crashing the game in rare cases.
                                    Feel free to post bugs, suggestions, or feedback here. :)

• brittpinkie

brittpinkie Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much for the update and for fixing the error with the casks :D Love how detailed it is.

Also, I forgot to reply to you about the Chests Anywhere "bug" I was having- yes, I'm an idiot and didn't realize I could scroll down to see all my chests, haha.

Thanks for your awesome mods and hard work! They make the game even better <3

Pathoschild likes this.
                                      • clearbit

clearbit Master Chief

There is an update notification. Nice :DD

Thank you.

Pathoschild likes this.
                                        • ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Okay, now that several RL crisis have been suitably bludgeoned into submission, I've pulled up LookupAnything.csproj in MonoDevelop. At first blush, it seems like a simple swapping of references and recompile may be all that I need to do. However, it's 2 AM here, so I'm gonna call it a night and tackle this project after coffee and I have become reacquainted.

I'll also take a look at the linux/mac version of the SMAPI and see what I can do about making things either reverse compatible or, at worst, start recompiling mods on a request basis. If I can get this to actually work, I'll post a thread detailing steps needed so that mod authors can do this themselves if they so choose.

Pathoschild likes this.