RELEASED Anime Villagers (30/30 Portraits done)

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by LumpySpace, Mar 16, 2016.

1. komina12345

komina12345 Void-Bound Voyager

The funny thing is I put back in the original one just to see what would happen. It crashed again despite working before, so I'm not so sure what's up now. I think it might be something else I have. By chance, are you using the new SMAPI?

Tankette likes this.
    • Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Yeah, I just compared the .yaml in the original .xnb file with the modded .xnb file, and they're EXACTLY the same. Also, it looks like the portrait file dimensions are EXACTLY the same as well, so...I suspect it's probably something else you're using.

I don't use SMAPI, though...so I can't help you with whether it's that or not...but I can't see any reason why this .xnb file WOULDN'T work when everything that should be important seems to be identical between the modded and original files. ^^

• Costa

Costa Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't use SMAPI cause of Steam

• komina12345

Problem solved. I verified the integrity of the cache and just reinstalled everything, It works fine now!

Sorry for the hassle!

Costa likes this.
          • Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

By the way, I went ahead and enlarged Costa's modified .PNG file so that people could get a better idea of what the modifications look like before they add it (since the original portrait files are actually quite small in dimensions, heh...making them a bit difficult to see when posted normally). ^^

I just enlarged it, fyi. I didn't do any modifications or anything like that to it. :p

[​IMG]

• komina12345

I actually discovered the cause of the problem. It's not your mod nor is it SMAPI. A while back, I installed a music mod to put in some music from Undertale into the game. If you alter the Wave bank.xwb file, it will throw everything out of whack because Emily's music is not accounted for.

Also, out of curiosity, what programs do you use to edit the portraits and sprites? I'd love to try modding since I haven't tried it at all since the Oblivion days. Writing in a new character seems fun.

• Costa

I have that mod but for Starbound xD

Well the only programs I use is xnb_node.cmd to extract and pack the xnb files and I use Gimp to edit the images, just that.

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Same. In my case, I just use Paint.NET to do it instead of Gimp, though.

Surprisingly versatile, and does what I need it to do...since I'm not doing any fancy effects (though I think you can add add-ons to do some of this stuff, heh).

It's what I do for my 'simple' mods for Starbound, as well.

It'd be nice if all of the Stardew Valley information/data could be modified without having to use SMAPI, though...but I doubt CA is going to simply change everything so that's possible now, heh.

*wants to modify the sprinkler radii just a bit, so it makes more sense (8 radius for normal sprinkler, 24 for quality, and 48 for iridium...i.e. just get rid of the "4 block" one, move the values from the two upper tiers BACK a tier, and add a new 'tier' for Iridium, heh)...but can't cause it requires the use of SMAPI*

Sucks that I can't just place an Iridium sprinkler down and be able to get the large pumpkins/cauliflower/etc...without having to put two side by side...and even then the chances aren't that high cause not all the slots will be able to do it, heh. :rofl:

• Costa

Lol i was like, isn't Emily's face with the "!" of the original portrait with her mouth open as if she was surprised?? Seems like I forgot that detail. Gonna go update it again :v

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Haha, while you're doing that...it looks like there's a couple of pure white pixels in that tile, as well...on the left and right sides above her head. ^^

• Costa

I updated the .xnb file, since I forgot the little detail of the mouth open on the "surprise face". I think I put it too much polygonal, but at least now its more "originally accurate". Pardon my bad English

• Costa

Meh they are fine.
                          Yeah I'd like to leave them there, kinda give the feel of Sweat drops or something like that, don't know how they ended up there though. I'd only change it it was very noticeable. Doesn't seem like the case.

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

*shrugs* Doesn't particularly bother me, just thought I'd point it out, heh.

Costa likes this.
                            • t4k0y4k1

t4k0y4k1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

can you make update for shane and henchman? it's kinda off when all portraits except both of em are all using anime portraits...

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Doesn't Clint have additional portraits, as well? I don't recall seeing all those tiles in his portrait files before, and I know it was modified by the patch...

At least the "Maru_Hospital" one is an easy fix, because it just involves copying one of the existing portrait tiles into the last spot, heh. =x

• t4k0y4k1

oh yeah, clint also have 2 update portraits, thanks for remind me.

it's kind of strange about maru_hospital update portrait... it's the same one as the existing one...

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Yeah, I know...though at least that made it so even I could update that and get my adorkable Maru Nurse back. :rofl:

• Costa

I'll see what I can do. can't promise anything though

• t4k0y4k1

will this "Clint" work for 1.1?

Attached Files:

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Clint has like...8 portrait tiles or something like that now, I think. Not 4.

So...I don't know what sort of problems that one will cause...