RELEASED Anime Villagers (30/30 Portraits done)

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by LumpySpace, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Korach

Korach Void-Bound Voyager

I have to say, the only one I really like is Emily's portrait. Its the only one I feel like an actual anime portrait.

Tankette likes this.
    • Costa

Costa Scruffy Nerf-Herder

And now I can't wait for the update to be able to marry Emily :3

• thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

What about Penny?!?!

• HiHaHi123

HiHaHi123 Orbital Explorer

Nice work! Thank you!

• komina12345

komina12345 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! I was wondering if you were planning on updating the portraits to fit the 1.1 version that comes out soon? Love your work!

• Magistrella

Magistrella Big Damn Hero

Darn i wasnt the first one.

I still got all your portraits even after upgrading to 1.1 Beta. Except Emily and Shane. Will you be doing a full version for 1.1 too? Pretty pretty pleaaaase? I want to marry Emily in my 5th playthrough, and your portraits would be the Cherry-Topping it off

>;3

• Costa

LumpySpace. Please, make Emily sexy again :)
                Can't wait to see her storyline with your awesome art style

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Oh god, yes. Please please please give us the updated Emily (and the other ones, heh) portraits.

Must...have...this...blushing Emily face. Not the...uh...thing?...that she is by default (Her original portrait is probably among my least favorite portraits, even though she's probably got my favorite personality type).

Please update it if you can. ^^ :D

EDIT: The Villagers that have new portrait tiles in their portrait .xnb files are Emily, Shane and Clint it seems. There's a new "Maru_Hospital" portrait tile, but that's an easy fix from the current existing one from Toon/Bunnerz, imo. There's also a new "Henchman" it seems...looks like a goblin or something like that, heh.

Emily and Shane make sense since they're now marriage candidates...but not sure why Clint has more, heh. For tension because you're 'taking' the girl he loves? Either way, that's how it looks on my end. =x

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
                    Costa likes this.
                  • Costa

[UPDATED... again] <Page 4>
                    So uhm... in the meantime i did this so you can, go ahead and... wait for LumpySpace's official artstyle?
                    ... there you go. :hylotl::lickitung::rofl:
                    Emily..png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
                    • Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE.

Except...isn't the 5th tile (3rd one down on the left side) supposed to be the "blushing" face? ^^

• Costa

Oh it was? I did not notice that xDD

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

I'll check the other tiles for the other female marriage candidates real fast to see if I'm right, but I think it is. ^^

EDIT: Yeah, it looks like the 3rd tile down is supposed to be the "blushing face" one, based on the xnb files I use from the bunnerz/toonyoza (or however you spell their name) portrait mod.

I can put one (or all) of them up if you want to use them as 'reference' to add the blushing to Emily's face or something, so that it's similar. ^^

• Costa

Updated it :)

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

$$$$$$ Thanks for doing this, btw! I like the blushing face, heh.

I dunno if it's exactly what Lumpy would've done, because only they would know that. However, it's GREAT as a "placeholder" until s/he gets around to doing it themselves! ...If they plan on doing it at all, that is. ^^

Costa likes this.
                              • komina12345

So I placed the sprite into the portrait folder but it still crashes once you hit the dream sequence...

On a side note, thanks for doing this! This is a really good alteration to the mod.

• Costa

I just did it to exchange the original portrait that got changed because of the update xD
                                  My Emily has to be cute AF

Caudyr likes this.
                                  • Costa

Did you put the Png or the Zipped file I uploaded? You have to replace Emily.xnb file

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

I agree. She's not Emily if she's not cute AF w/a little bit of a tomboyish appearance, imo. ^^

Costa likes this.
                                      • komina12345

It think there's only a .xnb in the zip file you attached? I placed the Emily.xnb file in the Content/Portraits folder and overwrote the old one (backed it up just in case). Let me try to start a new game and see what happens.

EDIT 1: Still crashing. Not so sure what could be conflicting with it to be honest. It doesn't crash when I talk to her normally. Let me try the 4 heart event and see what happens.

EDIT 2: Crashes at all events in general.

• Costa

Hum don't understand, mine works fine. I'l check on the dream sequence though(I was waiting to start a new game with her beautiful face in it)

Does it crash only because of the Emily.xnb I uploaded?