RELEASED Easier fishing

Discussion in 'Cheats' started by steffjes, Mar 3, 2016.

1. aule11

aule11 Intergalactic Tourist

Does this mod have a bug that bugging out Oysters so you cant catch them in Crab pots? I have not seen one yet, and i have been at it almost 3 ingame month, where i daily emptying 15 crab pots.

• steffjes

steffjes Big Damn Hero

The mod doesnt change anything to how crab pots work so... No. Its probably just your luck and possibly placement / time of year

• Ganjdalf

Ganjdalf Void-Bound Voyager

So I'm enjoying the Mod so far....But since I have had it installed My fishing level has not gone up. I have caught at least ten fish and nothing. Is it something i am doing wrong or the fact that i am using the MOD?

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Fishing levels up just fine when I use the mod. You aren't expecting it to go up during the day, are you? You only gain levels when you sleep. And it might take more than ten, not sure. You're catching actual fish and not junk, right?

steffjes likes this.
          • Reiko_LJ

Reiko_LJ Orbital Explorer

Neat mod, thank you for this :) I was at level 9 and only one fish left for the fish tank bundle but at late Winter 1 I'm at my limit after so much fishing this month and so many annoying dart fish. Nice to be able to relax and enjoy fishing a bit more now.
            I also caught the Glacierfish with no issues after installing it and it tipped me into level 10. Winner winner :)

• Trixie9819

Trixie9819 Void-Bound Voyager

I want to thank you for the 'stupidly easy fishing' level that you made, I thank you, my arthritis thanks you, and my mouse thanks you. I literally couldn't do it without the mod, so you made it possible for me to complete things, lol.

• Enalya7NZ

Enalya7NZ Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much for this...I am literally the worst at fishing. Couldn't catch any fish at all. Now I can! Thanks again!

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

So I tried this mod with the new 1.1 beta that came out today.. apparently, the only difference between the original fish.xnb and the 1.1 fish.xnb is the addition of two fish at the end of the file.

So what I did was unpacked both, copied the 1.1's two new fish and added them to the end of this modded file and reduced the 80 difficulty fish to 40 and the 55 to 35 (I'm not sure if anything else'd need done).

But it seems to work, I booted it up and was able to fish no problem.

I assume the game will just crash if you use the modded fish.xnb the way it is now if you attempt to catch one of the two new fish.

• sabrinatw

sabrinatw Phantasmal Quasar

Is it still working currently? If so, I'll follow the same process as you because I truly suck at fishing and the sooner I can get back into it the better - especially as I've begun a new save and fishing is pretty useful for income in the first year (as well as completing the bundles of course).

• coolLane50

coolLane50 Void-Bound Voyager

Do you know how long it will take to have this mod updated for 1.1?

• sabrinatw

It may be a while, as I believe SMAPI is being discontinued and replaced and so the fishing mod would need to be adapted to run through a new system, but I'm no expert so anyone with better knowledge than me feel free to jump in!

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

This mod does not use SMAPI (or any other similar tools) as it is a simple .xnb swap.

And it was working as of last night, I don't know if Steam changed Fish.xnb when it updated the game this morning or not I'll have to check.

Nope, last modified date is still 9/28. The instructions I posted above should still work.

It seriously takes <5 minutes to do, so it's just a matter of the mod author taking said 5 min and re-uploading, lol. He might be waiting until Monday to make sure the file doesn't change between now and then.

• sabrinatw

Ah okay, I knew it was just a file swap but assumed it still ran through SMAPI. Glad to know I can actually catch some fish now, lol! :rofl:

Thanks again for posting the instructions.

• Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

Do you have a copy of the fish xnb that you edited that you could share please? Fishing is so hard atm DX

• Devstorm

Devstorm Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, would you share, Xylia? It would be greatly appreciated.

• Rhapsodes

Rhapsodes Title Not Found

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I would but I dun think the forums allow .xnb file uploads, do they? Lemme check.

EDIT: Nope.

Wait, derp I can just zip the stupid thing.

There we go.

All I did was add the 2 new fish and lower the challenge on them a little as mentioned above.

Attached Files:

• Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

Thanks so much :D

• Zihuatanejo_girl

Zihuatanejo_girl Tentacle Wrangler

Hi, does anybody please know when will the "supereasy" fishing mod updated for the 1.1 (the one which let you catch fish automatically and removes the minigame completely)?

I am so lame at fishing, plus my carpal is hurting (chopping trees and stuff can be replaced by holding "C", but the click-and-hold move of fishing not) so I would like to get rid of it in my new save again. I will be grateful for any information, thank you all very much and have a nice day :)

• Bernerot

Bernerot Space Hobo

How do you edit the file? When I try to load the updated one it is regular fishing hell.