1.1 Beta Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ConcernedApe, Sep 28, 2016.

1. SurrealSadi

SurrealSadi Void-Bound Voyager

Another report of this bug:
    Summary of issue: Started a new game and villagers give me their first round of "normal" dialogue before they give their "introduction" dialogue.

Expected Behavior: Introductions before starting into normal dialogue.

Actual Behavior: One round of "standard" dialogue before the introduction dialogue occurs.

Steps for Reproduction: Begin a new save file and introduce yourself.

What Operating System are you using: Windows 7

With so many people reporting this bug, it's easy to copy/paste and edit the operating system if you need.

samtighe and MarianT like this.
    • Risukage

Risukage Giant Laser Beams

Wow, this is properly impressive. I'd love to help with the bug hunt, but I'm rubbish at that, I'm just good at breaking things. :D

That said, hugs and coffee for everyone taking the time to look for and identify these issues; you people are made of awesome and win. And a plate of cookies (...from someone who can actually bake...) for CA for all of his hard work making everything happen in the first place. I am right chuffed about all this. :)

sabrinatw likes this.
      • Riguel

Riguel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Summary of issue:
        Shane is working even though not at work

Expected Behavior:
        To be able to actually talk to Shane

Actual Behavior:

Shane's work dialogue randomly pops up

Steps for Reproduction:
        Go to Saloon around 6:20pm, talk to Shane while diagonally from him near the fireplace like in the picture I posted.(Doesn't always happen)

What Operating System are you using:
        Windows 10 64 Bit

Picture of the bug happening:
        https://i.gyazo.com/9a128f4437b092815253d6ed9f6c5db1.png

• Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

i feel like this should abit "cleaner" [​IMG]
          the river should curve abit becouse it seems abit too artificial

thats just me being a nitmicky jerk tho lol

also i was able to clone the burlap rug in the house but have no idea how i did it

crayola sunset likes this.
          • SteampunkAndroid

SteampunkAndroid Orbital Explorer

Yep! Took me entering and re-exiting the dialog box from Robin entirely, but eventually she let me put down a shed! Just wanted to make sure it was known! ;v;

• 6xLord

6xLord Yeah, You!

Summary of issue: Sunfish caught in the rain

Expected Behavior: Sunfish, as the name says, is only supposed to be caught in good weather

Actual Behavior: Sunfish was caught on spring 3rd first year in the town river

Steps for Reproduction: it was my first fish with the tutorial thingy in the mini-game because i had skipped willy's cut scene and no energy to try the rod right away. as far as i remember spring 2nd was sunny though, so maybe that's it.

What Operating System are you using: windows 7 64 bit

i'm also loving my little forest farm, thank you so much for the great work!

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Summary of issue: Glazed Yam recipe can't be read.

Expected Behavior: Text box expanded to fit the long recipe description.

Actual Behavior: It cuts off the word "flavor", to show the Energy & Health.

Steps for Reproduction: Linux system, upgraded home so you have a kitchen, and learn the Glazed Yams recipe.

What Operating System are you using: Ubuntu 14.04 64bit

Originally reported here by another user:
                http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/visual-recipe-description-cannot-be-read.122761/

• RKade8583

RKade8583 Void-Bound Voyager

Summary of issue: Missing 2 villagers from introduction quest even though I've met them all

Expected Behavior: Quest completes and follows up with the gift quest

Actual Behavior: Even though my relationship panel states that I've met everyone save the wizard on day 2, I'm still missing 2 people in the quest proper.

Steps for Reproduction: Start new game on the hill-top farm, watch the introduction all the way through, talk to everyone as per normal until all conversations are exhausted, be amazed at the lack of a quest complete noise.

What Operating System are you using: Windows 10 64-bit

I'm going to try a restart to see if this was an anomaly (and to keep closer track on which NPC might be futzing this up.)

• PapaNachos

PapaNachos Space Hobo

I registered just to report this:
                    Summary of issue: Coffee bean duplication

Expected Behavior: Coffee beans should be either input or output of the seed maker, or neither. Definitely not both.

Actual Behavior: Coffee beans are both the input AND output of a seed maker, meaning that I can duplicate them by inserting them into it.

Steps for Reproduction: Put a coffee bean into a seed maker. Wait for it to do its thing. Out comes more coffee beans than I put in.

What Operating System are you using: Windows 10

I managed to find a coffee bean from the travelling cart just south of my farm and threw it into the seed maker to see what happened. Turns out I got more. This is way more efficient than growing.

Edit: Apparently coffee beans sell for fuck all (~14k for a stack of 999) so this is less of a problem than I expected

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
                      Chlorruption likes this.
                    • Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

So I started up a new farmer, using the Hilltop Farm and I can immediately see something that is going to be suggested (if it hasn't been already):

Could you allow us to build extra bridges from Robin's? Is that possible within the game's engine?

I bet the fishing farm would need them even more, but yeah, there's only a few bridges that I can even use thusfar, and I'd love to build one or two more, lol.

Just a suggestion to keep in mind.

Otherwise, I like what I see thusfar!

• NikkSword

NikkSword Pangalactic Porcupine

I am at work but when I get home I will Beta test!

Chlorruption likes this.
                        • RKade8583

RKade8583 Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, it's Emily and Shane for me (and I deleted the entire folder and reinstalled just to wipe any mods I may have missed.)

Oddly enough, my wife (who has the exact same model of computer that I do) got that quest done fine.

Shane: 1st attempt was at Joja Mart. 2nd attempt in the morning before he got to Joja Mart.
                          Emily: 1st attempt in her house on day 1 around 12:00-2:00. 2nd attempt at the bar when she was working.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I noticed Shane (I haven't seen Emily yet) did not even give me his intro speech at all, but then neither did one of the other villagers (I forget who). Oh, right, Sam.

First thing he said to me was "Great to see you again!" and then he said something like "see you later." ....and no intro speech.

• ciphermandy

ciphermandy 2.7182818284590...

Awww, I wish I could help with the beta. Silly work getting in the way of gaming. I am looking forward to the update, though. Especially coffee beans! I was not expecting that.

Thank you for all of your hard work, CA!

• Cheem

Cheem Intergalactic Tourist

Summary of issue: Shaders only apply to the left half of the window

Expected Behavior: Shaders/effects should apply to the whole window.

Actual Behavior: Shading only applies to the left side of the screen

Steps for Reproduction: Walk around at night. Or go inside someone's house or shop.

What Operating System are you using: OS X 10.11.6

Screenshot 2016-09-28 14.11.35.png

• Aquedonte

Aquedonte Space Hobo

Summary of issue: Introduction quest does not complete if you skip the Wizard's cutscene

Expected Behavior: Introduction quest completing once you meet everyone

Actual Behavior: The counter is stuck at 27/28, even after meeting everyone

Steps for Reproduction: Meet everyone and then when you meet the Wizard, skip his cutscene

samtighe likes this.
                                  • oatscereal

oatscereal Space Hobo

Summary of issue: Shift + Tab crashes my game

Expected Behavior: To not do that.

Actual Behavior: It crashes when i use shift tab on steam

Steps for Reproduction: Uhh?

What Operating System are you using: most up to date windows

• MarianT

MarianT Subatomic Cosmonaut

Summary of issue:
                                      Started a new game and villagers give me their first round of "normal" dialogue before they give their "introduction" dialogue.

Expected Behavior: Introductions before starting into normal dialogue.

Actual Behavior: One round of "standard" dialogue before the introduction dialogue occurs.

Steps for Reproduction: Begin a new save file and introduce yourself.

I might add that both Leah and Alex gave me dialogue that usually comes later in the acquaintance. Leah asked why I came to Pelican Town, and Alex asked if I was willing to play catch.

• Pudassassin

Pudassassin Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Summary of issue: Picking up item from ground (Eggs, crystals, etc.) always yields golden quality item with Botanist perk chosen

Expected Behavior: Should only affect forage items

Actual Behavior: Affect ALL items that have been picked up.

Steps for Reproduction: Simply pick up item with Botanist perk farmer.

What Operating System are you using: Windows 7

Warriorcat15 likes this.
                                        • benchromatic

benchromatic Master Chief

Furniture bug found!

Summary of issue: I tried placing a table ontop of a table by accident and it literally did so. When I took it away it was just a mess of tables.
                                          http://i.imgur.com/hPmGE12.png
                                          http://i.imgur.com/uO0Q0SE.png

Expected Behavior: Table shouldn't be able to be placed on another table.

Actual Behavior: Table places on another table, causing graphic glitches.

Steps for Reproduction: Grab a table (I imagine you can do this with other furniture) and place it on top of another one.

What Operating System are you using: OS X El Capitan