1.1 Beta Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ConcernedApe, Sep 28, 2016.

1. SweetPoyzin

SweetPoyzin Orbital Explorer

I'm home sick so I'm game for beta testing! Let's do this!

• ZeroMGA

ZeroMGA Industrial Terraformer

This is fantastic! Very excited.

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

Whelp, there goes the rest of my plans for the dayweek.

• User23425111

User23425111 Guest

Thanks for letting us test it! I'll get right to it :D

• Waraji

Waraji Void-Bound Voyager

Confirm not to have another instance of Stardew Valley running in Task Manager, and confirm to not having custom Launch Options.

I could not replicate this on W7 64bit.

• MoonlitBrenya

MoonlitBrenya Existential Complex

lemme finish going through this game intro and I will do that. Not sure why, I guess steam cloud, but after removing all my old saves, leaving the saves folder empty, all my saves reappeared. Might have had something to do with it, Will check to see. Please hold.

• newcomer3

newcomer3 Big Damn Hero

Was the camera waaayyy too zoomed in bug ever fixed? If so, gonna have to start back farming.

• Thomas Vivaldi

Thomas Vivaldi Void-Bound Voyager

Summary of issue: After selecting my stable to move it somewhere, I changed my mind and thought I should move a coop instead. Backed out and reengaged the dialogue with Robin and selected move building again. My stable was still selected and the green boxes were moving around. I backed out of everything again and selected upgrade house. Went to farm and the stable disappeared. Didn't check if this happens with other buildings.

Expected Behavior: Backing out resets farm to where it was when you started the process.

Actual Behavior: Stable got deleted

Steps for Reproduction: Talk to Robin, click on stable, don't select some place to move it, exit out.

What Operating System are you using: Windows 8

• User23425111

User23425111 Guest

Just a minor issue, really.

Summary of issue:
                    When selecting which farm you want, you have the option to read about each one. However, the "back" button prevents you from reading about the farms at the bottom.

Expected Behavior:
                    You should be able to read about the farms.

Actual Behavior:
                    The "back" button prevents this.

Steps for Reproduction:
                    N/A

What Operating System are you using:
                    Win 8.1

On second thought, maybe my screen is just to small?

• MoonlitBrenya

ok I had no other instances of stardew valley running other than the one I started from the shortcut in the Stardew valley folder, and didn't even know about customizing launch options until now, so there was nothing there. got new game game to save point and exited. Trying to launch again via steam, and I'm waiting...

• Waraji

Waraji Void-Bound Voyager

Try backing up all your files, and reinstall, see if that fixes the problem. If it does, there is some setting/file/id Steam is having trouble with. At that point, I would start merging the old files one by one.

• MoonlitBrenya

I did all that to begin with, because I was running several mods and thought a clean install would be easier, I made a folder on my desktop and moved all the contents in the stardew valley folder and ran the Verify File Integrity thing via steam for basically a clean install, removing all saves as well, but that didn't matter, because steam just put them back. It's probably something on my end, but I don't know what it is. I am just running the game from the shortcut for now until the answer hits me in the face out of the blue, which usually happens. Thanks foe looking into it.

• ConcernedApe

ConcernedApe Stardew Valley Dev Developer

I did add "zoom level" option in a previous update, that might solve the issue.

newcomer3 likes this.
                            • MoonlitBrenya

Summary of issue: First time dialog with NPCs is giving me a line of 'familiar' text and then the "Oh hi, nice to meet you" text. It's happened with Leah and Pierre so far. Can add George, Maru, and Elliot. Also, if they're walking, once the chat bubble poofs, they keep walking, as if they never spoke to you.

Expected Behavior: to just receive the first time meet n greet text

Actual Behavior: see summary

Steps for Reproduction: speak to NPC for first time.

What Operating System are you using: Win 7 64 bit

• sirboulevard

sirboulevard Space Hobo

Summary of issue:
                                Coffee Beans/Starter not available for purchase at Pierre's mart in Spring

Expected Behavior:
                                You should be able to purchase Coffee Beans/Starter

Actual Behavior:

No plantable Coffee items available for purchase

Steps for Reproduction:
                                N/A

Windows 7 64x

Overall, enjoying the update! Thanks ConcernedApe!

• DaimoMac

DaimoMac Subatomic Cosmonaut

Summary of issue: Train Disappears from the Mountain Area

Expected Behavior: Train is supposed to go along the tracks.

Actual Behavior: Train disappears from the tracks while running

Steps for Reproduction: Leave Area and Come back during train(?)

What Operating System are you using: Win 10

I could not replicate the bug, but I saw it happen so it might be a super rare bug

• cutestacean

cutestacean Space Hobo

Summary of issue:
                                    I came home at night after getting the Dark Talisman, and ended up sort of walking on top of my spouse/Sebastian when trying to talk to him. (I could include a picture, if needed. It almost looks like he's become part of the floor?) When I finally do manage to click on him, the sound of a dialogue box closing plays, without displaying any dialogue.

Expected Behavior:

Speak to my spouse/Sebastian

Actual Behavior:
                                    I step on him and his dialogue never appears.

Steps for Reproduction:
                                    Speak to spouse at night some time before 10:00

Win 8.1

• Megumin

Megumin Guest

when will be multiplayer?

• ConcernedApe

This is actually intended. The coffee bean is more rare, but there are a couple ways to get it.

• ConcernedApe

A picture would be helpful, thank you!