1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Elemental Flashlights v1b

Affect things caught in the light of these elemental flashlights!

1. SuperMandrew

SuperMandrew Cosmic Narwhal

SuperMandrew submitted a new mod:

Elemental Flashlights - Affect things caught in the light of these elemental flashlights!

Read more about this mod...

2. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

If i may offer better descriptions for the flashlights?

Fire flashlight:
    The bulb in this flashlight was originally for a deli's hot food warming tray, the battery is for an atomic powered spaceship, you get the idea

Ice flashlight:
    They always said blue LEDs are the coolest, time to put the theory to the test

Electric flashlight:
    Amazing what a few loose wires can do to an high powered UV light, hopefully the electricians tape holds out and you dont get zapped

Poison flashlight:
    This isint really a flashlight as much as an ruptured uranium cell wrapped in lead tape, your internal organs hate you for using this by the way

Healing flashlight:
    The photon bombarder ripped from a human ship's matter reorganizer makes for a suprisingly good healing ray

SuperMandrew and Crusism like this.
  3. SuperMandrew

4. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do the healing effects stack when using 2?

5. SuperMandrew

Unfortunately I don't think so, due to the way the game handles status effects. Since the flashlight applies the status effect for a duration, having another one which also applies the effect likely just refreshes the duration of it. Good idea though!

Crusism likes this.
  6. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Question: Does the fire flashlight - among the others that do damage - cause neutral/friendly NPCs to turn hostile? Like, would the fire flashlight even harm neutral/friendly NPCs?

Also, is it possible to make lantern versions of these? Or just have lantern models but have them shine straight like a flashlight? X'D

7. SuperMandrew

Nope - the flashlights only harm entities that you can currently damage. So if an NPC has become hostile, or is similar to the Frog people who you can always hurt, these flashlights will hurt them. Likewise with the healing flashlight, only entities that you can't damage can be healed.

It's certainly possible to make lantern versions of these! Perhaps I'll consider adding it in the future. :)

Crusism likes this.
  8. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

Did you see the tooltips i posted? I thought you would like them

9. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Time to wave it around recklessly. X'D

*INTENSIFIED HYPE*

10. SuperMandrew

I do enjoy them! Just not sure I can fit descriptions of that length in the item description - I'll see if I can reduce them and potentially add them in, thanks!

11. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Finally got the chance to test them; they're great! :)

Though, the electric flashlight isn't doing anything?
    Am I not seeing something (as in the frost flashlight is slowing, the fire flashlight is burning, the poison flashlight is poison-ing and the healing flashlight is healing, but the electric flashlight just has a zap visual effect on the enemy that does nothing)? X'D

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  12. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

I think shock is supposed to do a split secind hitstun

13. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Nevermind, I just figured out the electric flashlight's effect; I am such an idiot. *facepalm*

The electric flashlight causes a 'lightning shield effect' on an enemy, where any enemy next to that enemy with the electric visual effect will receive 2 electric damage for each moment being next to that enemy; in other words, have the electric flashlight's light faced onto a group of enemies and they'll all start shocking each other in a devastating manner. However, this 'lightning shield effect' does not damage the enemy itself - effectively making the electric flashlight useless against a single target (as the effect does not cause the single target to receive damage over time but rather give out 2 damage to others next to it only).

Though, 2 electric damage is quite little (especially for the later parts of the game and for higher tiered enemies); I don't suppose this can be increased a little? Perhaps 4 electric damage?

Regardless, I'm sorry for the false alarm about this. X'D

Nope, no hit stun; I tested the same enemies with and without the electric flashlight, and the enemies showed no difference in response, hit rate and speed.