1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Notice CAN'T LAUNCH STARBOUND? Read this!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by mollygos, Jul 23, 2016.

1. ArtificialJelly

ArtificialJelly Space Hobo

I'm sorry if it's frustrating how inept I am .-.
    Using 'go to folder' I can go as far as /Library/Application Support/ before it tells me file cannot be found and I don't see a file leading to steam anywhere from there
    Viewing package contents of starbound I can go to Contents>MasOS but there's only run.sh contained in there

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

No need to be sorry :eek: also don't say such things about yourself.

Does your full path say something like "/some path here/Starbound/osx/Starbound.app/Contents/MacOS"?
    If yes go "back" until you're in the "Starbound" folder. :)

~ Iris ~

3. ArtificialJelly

In trying to find the full path I have accidentally moved the 'contents' from that file to my desktop and now I can't even find the starbound app

Edit: I have found starbound, I feel I made this a lot harder than it had to be

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2016
  4. Iris Blanche

right click in your steam on starbound -> properties -> local files -> browse local files
    sry i always forget this method. ^^'

~ Iris ~

5. ArtificialJelly

WE HAVE FOUND THE STARBOUND STORAGE WOOT WOOT
    Okay there is starbound.log, starbound.log1, starbound.log2 and through to 5, which do I send?

6. Iris Blanche

The file starbound.log It will also be the only one (beside a starbound_server.log) that will be accepted via the file upload.

~ Iris ~

7. ArtificialJelly

I believe I have done it :speechless:

Attached Files:

8. Iris Blanche

It is possible that your packed.pak file got corrupted during the download. I'd recommend verifying your game files via steam. To do this go into your steam library and right click on starbound. Then select properties and a new window will pop up. Selet the "local files" tab and you'll see 4 buttons. The last one should be named by something like verify game files or something like that (don't have an english system so i don't know exactly the name).
    It should detect faulty files and redownload them :) Maybe it fixes your issue.

~ Iris ~

9. ArtificialJelly

'6 files failed to validate and will be reacquired.' The download had started, will take about 20min~, I'll post on it's effect as soon as it is finished

10. Iris Blanche

It seems that the packed.pak is included in this case. I hope that it'll work :)

~ Iris ~

11. ArtificialJelly

It opened :D, thank you thank you thank you
    Everything is here and it's running again, thanks for your patience and help :nuruflirt:

Iris Blanche likes this.
  12. Iris Blanche

Should you run into any new issues simply open a new topic here in the support forums, explain your problem and attach the starbound.log ;)

~ Iris ~

13. kacpac

kacpac Aquatic Astronaut

So yeah my problem is that i cant launch 32 bit version of the game.It gives me the opengl 2.0 error.But i can launch the 64 bit version but it has an incredibly slow framerate.im running win10 64bit.

14. Iris Blanche

Can you post your full specs? Have you tried updating your video driver?

~ Iris ~

15. Krambo232

Krambo232 Big Damn Hero

It's more likely that instead of having outdated drivers they just don't have OpenGL at all.

16. Megumin

Megumin Guest

update them then

17. Krambo232

Krambo232 Big Damn Hero

You can't update it if you're don't have it at all.

18. Iris Blanche

OpenGL is always part of your video adapter. Every video adapter supports OpenGL up to a defined version. A driver update is always a good choice since it's also depended on the driver which OpenGL version is used.

~ Iris ~

19. Krambo232

Krambo232 Big Damn Hero

So basically I can't play Starbound at all unless I get a better computer.

20. Iris Blanche

If you're using the latest driver for your video adapter and it still can't use OpenGL 2.0 then this is more likely the case.
    What video adapter do you have in detail?

~ Iris ~