WHY can't I find a dinosaur egg? Am I missing something?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FarmerDreamer, Sep 21, 2016.

?

Have you found a dino egg?

1. Not yet

40 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. Yes

20 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. Yeah, multiple eggs!

32 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. FarmerDreamer

FarmerDreamer Lucky Number 13

I've played over 320 hours of gametime, I fish a lot with treasure chest lure and magnet bait, I dig up everything in the mountain area, I've found every other artifact multiple times. Am I missing something or am I just super unlucky?
    It's starting to drive me up the wall, I want to complete that collection and finish the achievements so much and I just can't seem to find it!

• ChaosAzeroth

ChaosAzeroth Existential Complex

Just missing luck/RNG favor.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Unfortunately, just rotten luck. All you can do is keep trying. I'm missing one last thing myself and it's also something found in a fishing chest, all you can do is what you're already doing. Hope you find it!

• FarmerDreamer

Thanks, I hope you find your missing item soon too

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
          • Allenb60

Allenb60 Orbital Explorer

Do dinosaur eggs produced by the big coop count towards the poll?

• justme2

justme2 Contact!

I wonder if eating lucky food would help with finding artifacts? Maybe combined with a good fortune day from the fortune telling game...I may try that next time I'm in game.

• NikkSword

NikkSword Pangalactic Porcupine

I have found the egg, but it took a loooooooooong time!

• rathmiron

rathmiron Intergalactic Tourist

To have a dinosaur egg in your coop you'd have to have found one originally, right?

• ChaosAzeroth

ChaosAzeroth Existential Complex

Yeah but one option is multiple so they wonder if coop ones count, I think anyway.

• Allenb60

Allenb60 Orbital Explorer

Ya, that's what I was thinking, do they count as an addition egg obtained

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

I doubt it, you don't really "find" dino eggs from your own dinos, you just collect them.

But anyway, yes I have found dino eggs and loads of them too. I once got two dino eggs from the same fishing trip xD
                        It's never been an artifact that has caused me trouble to find.

• justme2

justme2 Contact!

Finally got my dino egg in my current save (Summer Year 3) -- I got this one from digging at worms in the Quarry. Got it incubating so the first egg I get after I get my dino goes to Gunther.

FarmerDreamer likes this.
                          • FarmerDreamer

No, the poll is about finding them randomly, if they're laid in the coop then you're not finding them, you're producing them. Thank you for seeking clarification!

• FarmerDreamer

Ok this kind of makes me want to cry a little bit. That's just not fair, I have spent days upon days fishing for this thing and nada, and you got multiples in the same trip? That's... so not fair :cry:

• FarmerDreamer

I've tried this and it does increase the amount of treasure chests I find when fishing, but doesn't seem to affect how many of the chests have artifacts.

ChaosAzeroth likes this.
                                • justme2

justme2 Contact!

I'll have to stock up on sea cucumbers then for Lucky Lunch -- I think Pumpkin Soup is also lucky and I've got some I found in Gus' trash.

• Enalya7NZ

Enalya7NZ Void-Bound Voyager

I managed to fish one up in year 3. Got super excited about it for some reason lol

• Vanile

Vanile Void-Bound Voyager

I found two within year one must be just really bad luck I'm having the same kind of luck trying to find dwarf scroll IV (the last scroll i need)

• frioniel09

frioniel09 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having the same problem. 147 hours of game time and nothing. I've tried fishing, mining, worm hunting on a very lucky day, lucky day, neutral day, unlucky day and very unlucky day with no results. It's really frustrating. I'm starting to think it's not in the game. Can anybody help? What are the skills you guys chose? Maybe it has something to do with that?

• Reddestiny921

Reddestiny921 Pangalactic Porcupine

seems like bad luck, when I found one it was in a worm spot right outside the farm and then again found one that same day while fishing they're in the game but they are very rare, I found more prismatic shards first, six of them in fact after three in game years before I got the dino eggs. Just keep looking.