Modding Help where do i get the sprite templates for the human race

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Cell Materia, Sep 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Cell Materia

Cell Materia Cosmic Narwhal

i've tried google image search and normal google search but it's coming up with just the torso and head and no arms. somebody pls link me to the full sprite sheet pls D:

or something about sprite templates? i need help making the goat monster race from undertale...
    inb4 we don't need anymore undertale mods

2. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

They can be found in the assets. Guides on how to unpack your assets can be found all over these forums.

The sprites are located in /assets/humanoid/human. Body parts are animated individually, that's why you're only finding partial sprites. Back arm, front arm, body, head and emote frames are all found in their own image file. The same can be said for hair, but each hair style has it's own file, and hair styles are generally found in the 'hair' subfolder.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  3. BlueLeafeon

BlueLeafeon Cosmic Narwhal

Try Skittles' Race Template Mod. It has the human images ready for editing.

4. Cell Materia

where is that?

5. Antyrus

Antyrus Pangalactic Porcupine

http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/template-race-mod.956/
    It's a fantastic starting point(I made a race mod with it, and learned a lot), but for real, if you're serious about getting into modding, you really need to unpack the base game assets. If you don't have access to the base assets, you're missing out on literally the entire games worth of files to experiment with, and that's a lot of files.

6. Cell Materia

plan was to pixel some assets and hopefully raise interest in it for someone who knew programming to help turn it into an actual race yeah....

how 2 unpack base assets????????????? this game has changed alot since i last messed with it ^^;

7. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

It's easy enough to find them if you actually search for them.