Modding Help Help editing/adding to my house with TIDE

Discussion in 'Mods' started by tj724, Sep 14, 2016.

1. tj724

tj724 Guest

I have seen lots of modded houses/buildings on the forums.I would like to add 3 rooms to my house with the TIDE program.I have added a bathroom and guest bedroom with the editor but when I pack the tbin file and load the game,I cannot access the new rooms they are blocked off.I haven't found any worthy tutorials,videos or discussion dealing with room additions.The program seems easy enough to use.Could anyone give me some help on opening walls for new rooms?

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

If you look at the map in Tide, are there "invisible" tiles on the Buildings layer that are making it so your character in game can't access those rooms? You can just delete those tiles then repackage it up and try again ^_^

tj724 likes this.
      • tj724

tj724 Guest

Thank you very much! I'm finally getting it done. This is going to be a terrific project for me! Do you have any advice on creating warp zones? I assume you place a cellar door or stepladder and somehow use a command tile to warp to your alternate location. Also,how would changing clothes work? Sorry, but I'm still new to this and the important details are very few and very far between. Thanks Again! :)

• Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

Yes, you can add a warp as a tile property (its pretty easy!). There's tons of general map editing information in the first post of this thread: http://community.playstarbound.com/...s-map-editing-and-other-related-stuff.112279/ and as for changing clothes, you can take a look at my Get Dressed mod (http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/smapi-get-dressed-new-update-6-11.113731/) which has lots of options for you. Alternatively, you could always add a WizardShrine property to a map tile on the Buildings Layer to just bring up the basic character customizer from in game.

tj724 likes this.
          • tj724

tj724 Guest

That's a lot of information and a big help to me. Thank you very much! I've spent the last several days working on my house and slime hutch. Stardew Valley has been a lifesaver to me and helped me through some really rough times.

Acerbicon and Jinxiewinxie like this.