1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Pet trade quests!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Plex_Director, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Plex_Director

Plex_Director Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey y'all!

I was pleasantly surprised that there was a new style of quest available in my Floran colony just a few moments ago.
    My Bonesmith tenant Aziza wanted to trade her Poptop for a Peblit. On a piece of scenery there were some to find, like bandits or other quest generated monsters would be usually.
    She handed me an empty pet capsule and sent me off.

Here's a pic of the completed trade situation. Her new pet Peblit lives in her bone store now and her Poptop even has nickname ("Bip").
    Pet trade quest 1.png

I like those quests! They'll help to fill the collections nicely! :-D

Roselle likes this.
  2. Preday

Preday Starship Captain

This quest type was in the game even before the 1.1 patch. It's just really rare. More often than not the NPCs want a stupid looking hat

3. Plex_Director

Wow, if it really was rare, then that means it had to be REALLY rare. After hundreds of random villager and tenant quest in the last months or so, I'd thought to have seen all their varieties already.
    Anyway it was the first of its kind I got offered and got carried away in my excitement.

4. HavokPony

HavokPony Tentacle Wrangler

I got it once in 1.0, out of three towns I had running all with populations in the 10-30 range. It's an exceedingly rare quest, and it got me a pet well before I had the ability to heal it (i wish the pet station came sooner in the tech tree, I keep getting capture balls on characters that can't build the healing station)

5. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

I like that the pod description notes who you got it from. Nice touch.

Also, this was literally the first tenant quest I ever did. Guy wanted a Snaunt. They're still hanging around in my first character's house.

6. LordBaconator

LordBaconator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It should be noted that you have to have tenants on a planet that actually has quest nodes (world generated houses and dungeons) that don't have the quest spawn location blocked or destroyed in order for you to get these quests. Things like Moons and Ocean Planets will never have such quests. That's probably why a lot of people haven't seen them yet. Bloody moon farms.

Roselle, Ankali and Axe Garian like this.
  7. Noir Korrane

Noir Korrane Pangalactic Porcupine

I've gotten 3 of these since 1.0, and i love them.

They appear to ONLY come from Tenants though, the random villagers never give them.

8. LordBaconator

LordBaconator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Random villagers don't give them because they can't. The colony deed is programmed to store the pet data in the same way that it stores the tenant.

9. Plex_Director

Oh, that's a nice info to have! Thanks for that. I kind of figured a pet would be tied to a colony deed and now I got certainty about that. Thanks!