Likes and Dislikes of Characters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sylvrstorm92, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Sylvrstorm92

Sylvrstorm92 Space Hobo

I don't know if there is already a thread for this or not, I'm not trying to make duplicates :} I've been playing with giving the characters different gifts to see if there is anything they particularly like or dislike and there definitely seems to be! I don't have much yet but I figured I would share it and if anyone has anything else to add, I'd love to know!

Elliot definitely does NOT like Salmonberries! I gifted him one and he was so disgusted he said he needed to 'dispose of them' and threw away all of the ones in my bag, lol. It did still count as a gift though >.<

The Wizard doesn't seem to care about any gifts, he just throws everything you give him in the fire.

Pierre seemed to really like the Daffodil I gave him.

Willy seemed to like the Salmonberry I gave him because he is a sweet old man and not an ungrateful lunk like Elliot.

• Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

I don't intend to put down the detective work you've done, however we already have full lists of characters likes and dislikes. The wiki goes into detail about each characters Favourite items, Good items, Neutral, Bad and Worst.

There's a spreadsheet that sums everything up as far as Favourite and Good goes for each character as well as the "Universal" likes (items that all characters like) and also any exceptions on a per character basis. For example the Prismatic Shard is a Universally Loved item, so you would get max social points for giving it to someone, 80 points to be precise, however only Haley finds the Prismatic Shard to be a bad item thus making her the exception.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
      • Sylvrstorm92

Sylvrstorm92 Space Hobo

No harm, that's awesome! I just started and haven't had a chance to do much digging so this is really helpful, thank you very much!

• Avarwen

Avarwen Pangalactic Porcupine

Pretty sure no one likes Salmonberries very much gave one to Sebastian and he was not pleased.

• Haebaragi

Haebaragi Weight of the Sky

Linus likes Salmonberries and he is an awesome man :3

• RozanePasteru

RozanePasteru Subatomic Cosmonaut

Vincent and Jas doesnt like jelly/jam ! all kids like jelly :/

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

sam, sebastian, vincent, and jas are the only ones with any SENSE because they hate mayonnaise

dat's right. i said it.
                fite me

RaineShadow, deukahng and Lilliput like this.
                • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

But mayo is delicious D:
                  You cannot make a good sammich without mayo!

marimivo and Lilliput like this.
                  • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

There's only one way to settle this. I expect you both on the field of honour at sunrise. :poke:

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

i make mayo for the dolla bills. it is forbidden in the house
                      maybe only the supernatural powers of the void eggs will turn my mind around
                      but can even the void nullify the amount of evil that is... mayonnaise?

Minimanta likes this.
                      • Erick648

Erick648 Pangalactic Porcupine

Maru hates the Dwarf Gadget for some reason.

• NikkSword

NikkSword Pangalactic Porcupine

I like finding out different Characters Likes and Dislikes, just to see the reactions they give me when I gift them something they love or hate!

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I generally go for the Loved items when I'm trying to friend someone up, but once they're maxed out on hearts I'm free to experiment. Today, I ran around and gave everyone blackberry pies, not knowing if they liked them or not. The only ones who weren't crazy about them were Willy and Krobus. Krobus I could understand, he's probably got very different dietary preferences but Willy...maybe it just wasn't fishy enough for him or something. lol

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Can you lose hearts with people after you max them out? I know they don't lose hearts over time, but can they lose hearts by giving them hated/disliked stuff over and over again? Or is it just once maxed out always maxed out?

This is of course not included the spouse who I do know can lose hearts.

• RozanePasteru

RozanePasteru Subatomic Cosmonaut

Wonder why penny hates Rabbit Foot? because the foot came from the rabbit itself! LOL .But why does Marnie love it?

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

When I started this game, I did the Harvest Moon thing... I picked up flowers and gave them to characters I thought would like flowers, it went well until I tried figuring out "best gifts" ... that was a tad trickier >w<

*Its summer* Hrrm... batteries... oh! Maru! (correct)
                                  *gives Haley prismatic shard* "this is such a stupid gift" welp

(back when the game had recently launched ofc)

• LuthienNightwolf

I don't think they can lose hearts once you have them maxed out, other than your spouse. But I've never tried so I'm not 100% sure.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

I believe they can lose hearts if you give them bad gifts, but the points no longer slowly ebb down if you don't talk to them or see them every day.

Penny still believes that silly children's story about the foot being cut off the rabbit, while Marnie, who knows her animals well, is aware that rabbits spontaneously produce and gift extra feet out of love!

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

Yes, they can lose hearts from bad gifts. I learned this from Clint who apparently hates copper ores yet wants you to give him bunches, just not as gifts.

• LuthienNightwolf

Huh, interesting. Well, probably a good thing I don't run little experiments like that too often. I usually just outright ignore everyone once they're maxed out, but I had SO many blackberries. x.x'