1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Construction Ideas 2.0

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by RedPanda_Warrior, Sep 5, 2016.

?

What's your favorite racial decoration theme?

1. Floran (Tribal, Primitive, Gruesome)

13.2%
  2. Avian (Tribal, Mesoamerican, Worship)

5.5%
  3. Apex (Ultramodern, Dystopian, Science)

19.8%
  4. Human ( Protectorate, USCM, Waste)

13.2%
  5. Hylotl (Ornate, Knowledge, Technology)

30.8%
  6. Glitch (Steampunk,Medieval, Robotic)

17.6%
  1. RedPanda_Warrior

RedPanda_Warrior Star Wrangler

This is a community to share our houses, ships, bases, and what ever we've been building. Post images/preferences here, so the whole starbound community can have some inspiration and fun with building. For example, a long with images of your builds, post stuff like for example, planet preferences, good looking blocks and deco to go with that planet(same thing for races:we could also use that) And maybe some cool construction/decoration tips! Thanks, and i can hardly wait!!!!!

OneLessLonelyGlitch likes this.
  2. Will Liferider

Will Liferider Ketchup Robot

I've been working on an enormous PvP arena. It's 3000 blocks across and 50 tall. It's divided into 10 sections, each color coded. Each color corresponds to a different hazard/theme. Here's a picture of the Mining Zone (yellow). Starbound Mining Zone.jpg

Deep Space Amphithere likes this.
  3. RedPanda_Warrior

Looks Great! Is it finished?
    Tommorrow I'll put up a picture of my museum!

4. RedPanda_Warrior

Also, what's the hazard for this zone??

5. Will Liferider

It's got a mine aesthetic, so the hazards are what you might expect, darkness, spikes, lots of twists and turns. That zone is pretty much complete, but so far only 2/10 zones are fully finished.

6. RedPanda_Warrior

NIce! About the other zone you finished, what is it about?

7. RedPanda_Warrior

No one voted for Floran stuff. Poor Floran. Not that it's that great anyway.....

8. RedPanda_Warrior

Post Somthing, anybody, the community benefits from it

9. Will Liferider

The other zone that's finished is the Ocean zone (blue). No real hazards, just obstacles Starbound Ocean Zone.jpg

10. Nalano

Nalano Big Damn Hero

Floran will ssstab you.

11. RedPanda_Warrior

Cool!
    And Fishman will chop you to peices with fish mans katana.

12. RedPanda_Warrior

I'm working on a Hylotl ship, I have a mod installed that adds two more tiers to the ship upgrading system. It's completely Hylotl based, and it's going to basically be a mobile Hylotl city. I /admined in the lisences up to tier 7, you need to beat the ruin before you can get the final license, even with /admin. Sorry I couldn't post a picture today.

Also, I don't know whether this is modded or not, but are there liquid tanks?(actually, it is a mod, nevermind). Anyway, I have an idea for an erchius mining facility, I just need to work on it more. Note: the best way to build awesome kingdoms/creations us galactic genocide. It's beneficial.

13. Nalano

Nalano Big Damn Hero

Jussst like a fishman to bring a sssword to a lasssergun fight.

Floran confusssed by disssdain for floran architecture. Isss full of nature! Ssso much nature. Vinesss everywhere. What'sss not to like?

14. foreck

foreck Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You should add novakids, frogs, fenerox(es?) and maybe misc(shadow people or outpost being a fusion between ancient and futuristic) to the poll as they have an achtectural style too

15. Nalano

Nalano Big Damn Hero

Frogman is just floran buildingsss but weedy. Foxman is just dusssty. Floran hasss yet to sssee ssstarman houssse.

Floran thinksss floran building isss bessst: Floran buildsss into natural environment. If there are treesss, floran buildsss into treesss. If there isss cliff, floran buildsss into cliff. If there are hillsss, floran buildsss into hillsss. Floran buildingsss fit anywhere! Everybody elssse needsss big flat ground with materialsss carried from long dissstancesss. Floran knowsss they are sssilly, because floransss have eaten many a non-floran.

Floran feelsss sorry for other peoplesss because they don't have greenfingersss.

16. RedPanda_Warrior

Thanks! Try to stay on topic though. This is not about all about your favorite style, it's about what you've been building and ideas for it and cool combinations. I will update the poll.

17. Nalano

Nalano Big Damn Hero

Floran hasss been building with vinesss, becaussse floran lovesss vinesss. Floran isss confusssed by the quessstion.

18. Dante1120

Dante1120 Astral Cartographer

Vines yo.

19. TTStooge

TTStooge Big Damn Hero

I honestly love all of them, but I'm best with "Glitch" stuff. (Castles and Dungeons, specifically.)

However though, I love to mix and match them, such as Castles with hidden Labs in them, for instance.

20. Mile-High Hat

Mile-High Hat 2.7182818284590...

while i'm still experimenting with building styles, i tend to use a lot of Hylotl furniture. my block choices lean more towards apex stuff, though.