WIP Winery/Brewery Retexture Mod (Assets completed)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Dentrala, Apr 27, 2016.

1. cera12sim

cera12sim Subatomic Cosmonaut

OMGOMG thank you!!!!!! your the best i love it. I know ive been reading the PREVIOUS POSTS *AHEM tainted wheat >.> (jkjk) and noticed you made a big version with bar so i was like OMG it would be soo cool if you made one without bar so i dont feel lonely and sad when i have no one to drink with :(

not even sebastian would go in there

• sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

Well, it's a slime hutch that we've prettied into winery ^_^;

And I think tainted thought you were referring to the big cellar thing someone had asked for. d: Where I added in loads of big rooms to the mod. While it's 100% possible for me to do I'm just not feeling up for it when I'm also working on my NPC mod.

cera12sim likes this.
      • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

TOO MUCH TO KEEP TRACK OF OMG

• tj724

tj724 Guest

This would be an excellent mod if only it didn't replace the slime hutch.I have two heavily modded exterior and interior slime hutches that are being used as a machine shop/storage area and it would be a major pain to redo those, but if this were somehow made into a new building I would put down a couple of these! An optional version with an (aesthetic) watermill on the side would look wonderful!

• Snarkypie

Snarkypie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There's a variant included that replaces the Big Barn instead of the Slime Hutch

tj724 likes this.
            • tj724

tj724 Guest

That is much better.I guess I could get out of the cattle and goat business.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Why is this even up for discussion? This needs to happen! You can't post amazing pics of something and then not make it happen, that's evil. :p
                It's just a shame the well can't actually be functional. That would save me the trouble of never knowing where to build a well in my farm. xD

But what happens to people that want to breed those nasty slimes? :eek: (I never got that far ahead in my game). And yes, I know there's a version that replaces the barn, but I am very attached to my animals. Maybe a 2.0 version could use the new Shed building from 1.1 instead of the Slime Hutch / Barn, and have a smaller version of this winery. A girl can dream, right? :p

Where is this dog house I'm hearing about? :nuruninja:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
                • QuillJoy

QuillJoy Orbital Explorer

Since this mod wasn't 1.1 ready (specifically, the towninterior.xnb was missing certain assets that were added in the wizards home), I decided to try my hand at this and combined the grey walls for the slime hutch/winery with the new assets.

HOWEVER, since I lost my old save and my new one doesn't have the winery yet, could someone confirm that the slimery/wine hutch looks like it's supposed to? Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

zomgzomg, foghorn and sheetcakeghost like this.
                  • daeranilen

daeranilen Tentacle Wrangler

I did a quick test of your TownInterior.xnb, and my winery came out looking like this:

[​IMG]

It doesn't seem like the middle bit is supposed to look like that, but maybe that just has to do with the particular winery style I'm using?

Also, I wanted to share my own 1.1-updated copy of the TownInterior.xnb with the gold walls for the slimery/wine hutch! I can confirm that it's been working in my own game.

Attached Files:

• QuillJoy

From what I can tell, the issue is with the lighting in that place rather than with the townInterior.xnb so I guess my version works?
                      I'll try and edit a few things (once I have an actual winery on my save AND find the appropriate modding tools.) Thanks for your help.

• QuillJoy

Inspired by the seasonal buildings mod (especially by Elle's Seasonal Building Replacements), I decided to try my hand at this as well.
                        Since I'm pretty nooby at this, don't expect too much.
                        Right now I have only winter "mostly done". Mostly because I have no idea what else I should add. c&c are always welcome, and if you have ideas what else to add, do tell. Though keep in mind that I might not be able to deliver.

Changes so far:
                        Snow on Rooftop and windowsill, Put glass into the windows, removed plants because winter
                        copy/pasted the winery signboard from the version w/o well/grape stomping vat
                        added snow to the grape stomping vat, put some festive lights there because it looked too empty w/o the plants.

Attached Files:

• mio36

mio36 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Which version has the winery interior w/o the counter I want more room for ma fine wines and juices D<

• daeranilen

daeranilen Tentacle Wrangler

The last post on page 4 (this one) has the zip with all the available options. They're labeled within the archive. You'll probably also want to install one of the towninterior.xnb updates above so you don't have assets missing from the wizard's house - QuillJoy's is for the grey interior and mine is for the gold.

• mio36

mio36 Subatomic Cosmonaut

ou sankyu very much ^^

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I wish that compilation also had the preview images inside each folder 'cause there are so many available versions atm that I feel lost. xD

I'm currently trying to match them myself. The outside versions are easy to match... the insides... not so much.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
                                • GlassDeviant

GlassDeviant Tentacle Wrangler

I would love to see a converted Slime Hutch that had large sections for Kegs and Casks that worked, so you could break out of the 125/189 cask (accessible/fully loaded) limit of the farmhouse cellar.

• QuillJoy

Go along, nothing to see here. The finished seasonal mod is on the next Page.

So, since I made the a Wintery version for the outside, I decided to go all the way for the Winery and make all seasonal versions.

I also added a snowman and some weird marks on the Roof for the winter version, use this instead of the other one if you like.
                                    WiSlime Hutch.png

For the Spring version, I added someone else's (I dunno who, sorry >.<) hanging potted plants to the entranceway. I put some water in the grape-stomping vat and added a wet mop. Gotta get it nice and sparkly after the long winter, right?
                                    Not as many changes as in the winter version, but at least it looks a BIT more like spring.
                                    SpSlime Hutch.png

To use them, put them in the relevant ContentPack.zip you use for your SeasonalImmersion mod.
                                    Remember that you need to have one of these files in every season folders, else it won't work. Since summer and fall are still missing, just use the standard or spring .png files for now.

Also, don't forget to rename the files to SlimeHutch.png before adding them.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
                                    • wutangraiseu

wutangraiseu Master Chief

thank you so so much

• QuillJoy

Go along, nothing to see here. The finished seasonal mod is on the next Page.

Aaaaaand Summer is done, too:

Apart from changing the flowers in the pots to more summery ones, I also added a lid to the grape stomping vat. Most changes have gone to the roof though, as I added a ladder and turned it into a nice, elevated picnic spot, complete with already prepared food, sitting cushions and a nice charcoal grill with meat and a corncob on it. Perfect to have a summery dinner while watching the fireworks. (I know there's no fireworks event but hell, I'm the richest man in town, I can hire a few pyrotechnicians if I want to!)
                                        Slime Hutch.png

This new and up-to-date winery.zip has all the seasons which are done already, put in their respective folders for your convenience. The Fall folder contains the original. Stay tuned, I hope my fall winery (THE winery season) will turn out to be as good as I hope.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
                                        • QuillJoy

First, get your preferred winery interior from THIS post.
                                          Then, ofc, backup everything, just to be on the safe side.
                                          Then, use only the "interior" part and drop ANYTHING BUT THE TOWNINTEROR.XNB files into your "content" folder.
                                          The file there is old and not compatible with the current patch. Instead, use the one I supplied earlier on this page.

That should do it. At least it did for me.

Gaetia likes this.