1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Unlimited Fuel capacity/efficiency

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Preday, Sep 3, 2016.

1. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Coffee and either Coconut Milk or Alien Juice.

2. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

:nuruconfused:

Buying fuel is simpler for me ^^'

I mean, i make guns, not advanced wiring systems like that
    This is way above my skills

3. Preday

Preday Starship Captain

!?!?!?!?!?1 what?!?!

Those can!?!??! be placed!??!?! in the?!?!?! environment?!?!?!

4. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Yup

Hell, I even made a volcano with Coconut milk

5. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Coconut Milk is, Coffee was in beta, and I'm not sure if Alien Juice exists anymore to begin with

6. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Maybe it can still be found in the assets

*go check it*

Seems like it, yeah

7. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Nope, just tried to spawn both liquid coffee and alien juice, got squat.

8. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Welp, there's some files that seems to be those, but my knowledge about that stops here

9. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Alien justice is 100% gone.

10. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

On the original topic, yes, engineers and mechanics have no limits on how much they can re-apply there main "feature". It's a huge oversight on the devs part, and while they fixed a bug with it, they also still left it in there. Even if I can acquire fuel infinitely(at some cost in time or resources, or having to make some investments), i despise things rendering fuel 100% useless like fuel cost removal. It reminds me of RTS money maps that go overkill in which you get infinite resources for zero effort/play time.

11. Preday

Preday Starship Captain

I wonder if a mod could be made to rectify this mistake

12. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Well, Earth's Finest offers a temporal solution for this (amongst other crew improvements) by lowering engineers' upgrades from 10% to 2% and doubling the mechanics' upgrade cooldown. Other solution is just not to hire mechanics and engineers altogether, no crewman - no problem.

13. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

You can also just check on them and when they upgrade to a point, just fire them before they go to far.

14. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The white one is Coconut, but the pink I'm unsure about. Probably a modded liquid.

15. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Alie
    Juice. It is long gone. Used to spawn on alien worlds.

16. Preday

Preday Starship Captain

I haven't actually tested it for lack of time but since the latest patch notes made no mention of it, I assume this issue is still in place?

17. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Of course.

18. JarinArenos

JarinArenos Pangalactic Porcupine

I still argue that teleporting is a much worse distance-breaker than 100% fuel efficiency. At least hyperjumps take time.

Qndrez likes this.
  19. Littleman9Mew2

Littleman9Mew2 Zero Gravity Genie

*cough cough Starcraft cough cough*
    I agree, it makes fuel quite worthless. One way I know of is to increase the cost of fuel for the distance traveled. (Capped at 500) I increase it to something like 50000 to make it fun at times so when I go far it costs alot of fuel. I just wished they capped it after 30 efficiency tweaks, as the limit for efficiency is about 63 (it turns to 0), 30 tweaks will make it so that even the farthest travel distance will be about 21/22 units of fuel.

I figured the equation for fuel efficiency is this?
    F*.9^t

F=fuel cost (capped at 500)
    t=times Technician tweaks fuel drive.

EDIT
    @JarinArenos ditto, TP-ing does kinda kill it, but you need to at least place a flag/teleporter down to at least us it.

20. JarinArenos

JarinArenos Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd much prefer if flags only worked if your ship was in orbit of the planet, and just worked as bookmarks instead. Saves you from running around the planet... doesn't let you cross the galaxy for free. To keep it so that you can still have a homeworld (since the point of flags was to avoid everyone just building on their ships and living like nomads), have the story quest give you a teleporter core or two.

That, along with fixing the fuel issue a bit, would make it so travel was meaningful again, without being crippling.