List of Announced Game Information (Retired due to release)

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Blue, Feb 24, 2012.

1. mrMish

mrMish Void-Bound Voyager

Under "confirmed not in the game," a food bar is listed. In a recent thing that I read by Tiy (I'll try to find it) he said that he's talking about implementing an 'optional' hunger and thirst system.

2. omervekemal

omervekemal Poptop Tamer

Yup, me too, but you dont need to say :poo: :love:

3. WhiteWeasel

WhiteWeasel Subatomic Cosmonaut

"Water can have 'pressure' via the engine chucklefish has designed, and causes presurized water to burst forth. However it is unlikely this feature will be used in normal NON-DEV gameplay."
    WHAT!! Please put it in the game! It would make it stand out from terraria & minecraft, as well as giving new water and mining stratigies.

Woodbin likes this.
  4. Filipfonky

Filipfonky Cosmic Narwhal

If somebody has enough IQ to turn on a computer, go into the Internet, and come to this forum, then i think he/she has enough IQ to handle some swearing.

xboy777, sasquatchjc and Woodbin like this.
  5. Jeme223

Jeme223 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm too excited for this game. Im definitely buying this game!!

Bombzero likes this.
  6. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

My apologies if this isn't the right place for this, but something's just occurred to me... We've had 1 Contest long ago... when's the next one? That last one seemed to be epic...

7. Bombzero

Bombzero Giant Laser Beams

While I sincerely hope I am not wrong about this, I don't believe that is accurate info in the OP.

if I had to hazard a guess I would say Blue took one of the devs saying "it won't be quite like this in normal gameplay(paraphrased)" in reference to the hyper-pressurized tank in the water demo(which was made with dev tools) as meaning towards the entire pressurized water system.

WhiteWeasel likes this.
  8. omervekemal

omervekemal Poptop Tamer

We have many different planets, but liquids? How about them? And is it going to be collapsings on lava planets? You know, melting rockssss:cool:. Or on ice planets, (cold planets) avalanches? is thin ice going to collapse when you walk on it (I am sure you want more bad english stuff:unsure:) Yes i have questions but i havent got IQ to post this message to FAQ part of the forum:confused: Pls answer me, pls for poptop!:poptop:

Joking. You can use word duck ofcourse!:giggle:

Woodbin likes this.
  9. Filipfonky

Filipfonky Cosmic Narwhal

Ah, duck that...
    Liquid-only planets would be amazing.

All wobbly 'n stuff.

matthijsieboy and Woodbin like this.
  10. omervekemal

omervekemal Poptop Tamer

thx for reply sir!

matthijsieboy and Filipfonky like this.
  11. LeBleuMeldy

LeBleuMeldy Pangalactic Porcupine

Oo-La-La Thanks Blue!

Auraknight likes this.
  12. TuefelHundenIV

TuefelHundenIV Cosmic Narwhal

Ocean type planets might be cool if we have some under water gear like subs and diving suits.

Tiarnan and Woodbin like this.
  13. Deity

Deity Title Not Found

Tiy confirmed via twitter lua scripting support. Woot!

Cirom and Axe Garian like this.
  14. TTCBuilder

TTCBuilder Jackpot!

Honestly I greatly dislike lua, while it is easy to code it does lag more then I like.
    My computer can't handle any extra lag. I am hoping however that there are
    other coding languages to choose from aswell. Of course maybe I'm just bad at coding.
    (I am bad at coding.)

xboy777 likes this.
  15. Bombzero

Bombzero Giant Laser Beams

It's not that Lua is inherently slower, people tend to make the mistake of treating it like a normal coding language like say... Cpp or C#, when it just... isn't

the thing is, you have to really focus on efficiency with it, because it gets bogged down kind of easily if you make a few slip ups.

Tiarnan and Axe Garian like this.
  16. Jeme223

Jeme223 Pangalactic Porcupine

how is the navigation between planets via star map gonna work? like, what do you mean by (non-graphical)?

17. This question keeps me awake at night, ever since I heard about it.:zzz:

xboy777 likes this.
  18. Hukasu

Hukasu Cosmic Narwhal

there will not be a MAP, just a list of the planets you visited

19. [​IMG]
    Tiy kicking mollygos' butt. :p

xboy777 and Axe Garian like this.
  20. TuefelHundenIV

TuefelHundenIV Cosmic Narwhal

I think it will be a map or a list of maps and you just click on it and you show up around it.