1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP Space Stations 0.6.3

Space Stations! WIP

1. magewish4

magewish4 Pangalactic Porcupine

magewish4 submitted a new mod:

Space Stations - Space Stations! WIP

Read more about this mod...

bluestorm2112 likes this.
  2. SentientSupper

SentientSupper Scruffy Nerf-Herder

any screenshots?

3. magewish4

Thanks for the feedback! I've added screenshots of the protectorate and hylotl stations

4. magewish4

magewish4 updated Space Stations with a new update entry:

Dungeon Improvements

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. Assassin001rus

Assassin001rus Void-Bound Voyager

i think floran station will look just hilarious

6. Ooliv

Ooliv Aquatic Astronaut

Where do these stations spawn?

7. Axlor8

Axlor8 Big Damn Hero

Is it compatible with frackin universe and true space?

8. magewish4

Spacestations are found from the navigation window on your ship, the same way planets are. They sometimes spawn orbit the star and can be found on the system view. They currently can spawn any station in any system, with the level scaled to match the system (so be wary of space mazes in firey systems)

Spacestations can run alongside FU. I don't know the mod true space.
    However, like Fracking Universe, this mod edits planet generation, so you may have to restart your universe or travel some distance to get the stations to spawn. The space stations will not spawn around any of the new system types that FU adds (ie: binary, black sun). At some point I plan to make stations spawn there, but only once I have a few more station types floating about.

I've edited the mod page to include this info!

lannihamm likes this.
  9. magewish4

10. bluestorm2112

bluestorm2112 Tentacle Wrangler

Cool idea! Keep up the great work.

11. Ooliv

Ooliv Aquatic Astronaut

Thank you for your reply! Keep up the good work! It adds a lot of life through the different star systems, and the idea of putting Protectorate stations is just brilliant! I'm looking forward the day you will include FU compatible stations, he he...
    I could simply not imagine a sci-fi universe devoid of space stations! :)

lannihamm likes this.
  12. l4ng4m

l4ng4m Orbital Explorer

HI i installed this on my starbound but when i finally found one of the space stations it seems that i cannot go on it when i tried to teleport down i always appeared back on my ship please help me!

13. magewish4

Do you have the log file? Which type of station is it?

14. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

I have the same problem as l4ng4m. The stations this happens on are in Scheat Strand (-565061726, 888833896) 2a and 3; both are "maze" stations and it's a firey star system.

15. l4ng4m

l4ng4m Orbital Explorer

Pyromia legion II x 878980440, y -216187143

16. Zaroth

Zaroth Pangalactic Porcupine

The coordinates aren't overly helpful unless you have the same mod loadout as the author, since each mod that changes the list of possible world generation rerolls the universe.
    In my experience, teleporting right back to your ship is a result of the game trying to load a non-existent object that it can't simply reduce to nothing or a generic object, though there's no way to be sure without the log file.

17. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Okay, here's a logfile of me trying to beam down to Scheat Strand 2a, a "maze" station. Hope it'll help. Oh, and I've also received a .fail file for that world.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  18. Zaroth

Well, I can't see anything I'd think would cause an actual failure like that, but it did kick back asset errors for some icons for certain stations, and ultimateorefuseedicon.png, which I assume is from that plantable ores mod.
    Try reinstalling this mod, ensuring complete deletion of the old one, then finding a new station. Deleting the corrupted .world and its .fail file may reset damaged planets, but I'm not sure.

19. magewish4

Woops! I see the problem - I deleted the hugebiped in the last release, didn't realize there was one in the maze. I'll have that fixed shortly.

20. Zaroth

Cool. Will this just be a hotfix, or will there be additional content in this release?