1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Starbound 40k: Weapons of the Imperium 1.3.3 Heavy Bolters

Adds craftable Imperial weapons from Warhammer 40k.

1. TheNidhogg88

TheNidhogg88 Space Spelunker

Do we have any chance of seeing psyker staves in the future?

2. leinglo

leinglo Phantasmal Quasar

Hm, that actually never occurred to me at all, but on examination I don't think it would be hard to make. Yeah, I think I will add one.

3. leinglo

A quick look at the upcoming Tau content with the crafting table:
    upload_2016-8-23_5-51-20.png
    Though it will probably be a separate mod rather than bundled into this one.

4. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

That drone bunny hat!

5. williamcll

williamcll Subatomic Cosmonaut

you could make the regular melta fire like in DoW and make the heavy melta fire in a constant beam like in 40k third person shooters such as eternal crusade.

And oh yes, don't forget to make storm shields too!

6. Littleturn

Littleturn Intergalactic Tourist

Have you considered combi-weapons? In lore they only have ammo for one or a few shots so I don't know how viable they are. They're cool though ^^
    For the meltagun you could draw inspiration from Warhammer: Space Marine - Vid here
    it's an anti-everything here as well :)

7. leinglo

I've actually been thinking about how to make combi-weapons work for a while now. Just making them wouldn't be hard, in fact, there's already code for a flamethrower secondary ability. The problem is balancing them with the other weapons. I'm thinking by either making the secondary weapons weaker than their full counterparts or by making them use a lot of energy.

8. BPStuart

BPStuart Phantasmal Quasar

Bug: One of the Las Pistols i upgraded to full, has the same damage as the starting mark 1 pistol ( i think it was the accatran pattern ) Every other mark was an upgrade in damage but then the last one reset it to the starting level damage.

Content suggestions: It would be nice if some of the bolter riffles had a secondary, like a different ammo type such as DragonFire rounds or Shrapnel bolts, a heavy bolter would also be nice.

Also For the love of the emporor i have a mighty desire for Melta guns, i am glad to see you are working on them

9. leinglo

Someone just reported the bug over the workshop as well. My fault, forgot to properly make the pistol level 6. There'll be a content update soon, within the hour or so, and the fix will be included. Also, while I'm still figuring out how to work with and customize weapon abilities, giving most of the weapons secondary fire abilities is part of the plan. I'm thinking kraken rounds (piercing shot) for most regular bolters, with Hellfire roundss (poison) for the Deathwatch bolter.

BPStuart likes this.
  10. leinglo

leinglo updated Starbound 40k: Weapons of the Imperium with a new update entry:

Chainswords

Read the rest of this update entry...

11. sigint

sigint Phantasmal Quasar

An easy way to set up combi-weapons would simply be to alter the graphic for the weapon, and simply place the desired combi-slot as Secondary/Alt Fire.. I noticed that you already mentioned either making them weaker, or use a ton of energy.

Since combi-weapons were designed to have the extra weapon function as an emergency, limited use back-up, why not do BOTH?

I've noticed that certain monsters in the game receive different damages from different weapon types, proving that they DO have weaknesses. Since that was what the Combi-Weapon was created for specifically in the first place, problem solved.

Weaker? Yes. It was only attached to be of use in specific scenarios, not to be fired like crazy.
    Take up a lot of energy? Absolutely. That would simulate replacing the charge/canister/magazine for the Plas/Melta/Flamer/Grav.

As for designing specialty rounds for bolters? You already hit the nail on the head with that one. You have multiple bolter patterns already. Just assign a specific special round to each one.

Love what you're doing here, and I'll keep an eye on this. Already seen one person on Twitch using this mod, I'm going to wait to see how things pan out and get implemented.

12. Godogma

Godogma Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The easiest most effective and likely best way to handle the multi-ammo types used in Bolters would be to copy the adaptable crossbow; then no one has to sacrifice their favorite bolter design for one with a different ability that they like more.

Right Click to swap ammo type and go to town... :p

On Combi-Weapons I wouldn't nerf them too much myself; at least in the version of the rules I played 40k with they weren't crap. If you make them too much of a hassle I know I won't use them (and I can't see many other folks using them either if they're crap) so it's kinda a bunch of pointless work.

13. leinglo

Using the adaptable crossbow code was also suggested over in the workshop, and I'm actually working on it right now. But, it's not any near as simple as just copying code from one thing to another, and I now know why the Avali Triage team didn't want to mess with customizing alt abilities, because it is no fun at all. But, I'm making progress.

14. Godogma

Godogma Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I know; I suggested it there. :)

I figured here the comments don't move 90 to nothing so you'll be able to scan through the posts and find what the suggestions were with less hassle. If you forget.

I remember my head spinning a lot when I was coding mods for Fallout and Starbound can't be any better and sometimes I'd get distracted and forget what I was focusing on and have to go back to my notes. This seemed like an ideal place for them.

15. leinglo

Whoops. Sorry, wasn't looking at the name. :V

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  16. leinglo

17. Xary

Xary Big Damn Hero

Any plans regarding vehicles and furniture ?

Tau furniture for a spaceship would be delightful...I could also see spacemarine/imperial furniture could be interresting to play with...

18. leinglo

Vehicles are way out of my ability range, but furniture? I could probably do that later on. No clue what to use as a ref for Tau furniture though...hm, maybe I'll start up the old PS2 and run through Fire Warrior again, that game had some Tau-themed environments I might be able to use.

19. origamania

origamania Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think you should reduce the dps on the one-handed ranged weapons

20. leinglo

Yeah, probably. It did occur to me that they might be a little too powerful, but I got caught up in other things and forgot about it. A fix for that will be in the next update, along with an overcharge alt ability for lasguns.