1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion Modded Heavy Roleplay Survival server (Inactive.)

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by FantasyGamingTV, Aug 22, 2016.

1. FantasyGamingTV

FantasyGamingTV Aquatic Astronaut

Hello and howdy ladies and gentlemen! It's me again and this time I'm back with a little better idea as to what I'll be doing. I started a server about two months ago and with no real goal or direction it sort of spiraled out of control so THIS time I'll be looking for very dedicated roleplayers to be a part of this server. That means 1) No using singleplayer worlds or resources to buff your character on the server 2) Recommended not to simply grind and get your character end game gear in one night 3) The Starbound story missions will be server events, not for individual players to complete on their own time. More rules will be posted at the bottom of this thread.

Now, as for the actual plan for the server, it will include some mods, just to make the infinite universe of starbound more infinite.. Um.. Infiniter, sure? As well as having a Server story to go alongside the games natural story (Written and composed by me as well as admins if I get any, but for right now the story is written solely by me) Which will hopefully keep the game refreshing and not monotonous. Characters will be expected to choose a profession or skill set, the being if your character is a weapon smith, They know how to smith weapons, not upkeep some huge farm, or any farm at all for that matter. Guides for choosing professions and skills will be posted in a steamgroup I have created for just this occasion.

Now for technical talk. The three mods that will DEFINITELY be a apart of the server are Frackin' Universe, Frackin' Races, and no loot drop on survival mode, Others may be added as we go along if possible.
    This server is based in WESTERN CANADA (as that is where I live) So if you live in countries such as Australia, or other places quite a good distance away you WILL have considerable lag when a few players are on. You MAY experience playable levels when the server is near to or actually, but even then there are no promises, the closer you are to western Canada the better your experience will be. :)

Rules: (Will also be a thread in the steam group)
    1. Players MUST have a lore friendly name, so cockbag mcsteamypants is not acceptable unless EXTREME circumstances are accepted.
    2. Players character MUST be in SURVIVAL mode, as eating is an essential part of life it is an essential part of RP, and there will also be a mod to prevent item dropping in survial mode. If your character is in either of the either two modes you will be asked kindly to re-create them in survival mode :)
    3. Players must agree NOT to advance Starbounds vanilla story as those missions are going to be server wide events, and will tie in with the Story created by myself. (Except the Moon rescuse mission, that can be done individually so that players may aquire their FTL drives)
    4. Players MUST choose one profession and two skills sets, your character can not be a legendary blacksmith who also is the greatest farmer and Sniper in the know universe, If you're a blacksmith, you know smithing, not farming, and etc. (Professions and skills list will be posted in Steam Group as a thread)
    5. Players must respect eachother and allow everyone to RP and enjoy it. That means; No god-moding, meta-gaming, overpowering yourself, or just generally making your character "OP" unless there is some reason for them to be OP pertaining to the side story I am writing for the server.
    6. Age is not technically required but the server will have an unofficial 18+ rating (Swearing, gore, sexual themes or events and RP discrimination are all allowed)
    7. Discrimination of ANY kind outside of RP, or even severe cases of RP discrimination will result in an IMMEDIATE ban.
    (There are likely to be more rules put in place as the server nears completion)

What I need from you!
    If you think you're cut out for this server, and that you are a hardcore enough RP'er to simply live out your characters life within Starbound then please send me a reply to this thread with your steam name and I will contact you! You will be invited to a steam group where there will be discussions held about the server and how it will come to be formed for the best experience of all the players! Looking for ideally 4-6 players for close RP maybe more in the future. The current launch date of the server is to be determined.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  2. Valkyrie_pl

Valkyrie_pl Big Damn Hero

I dunno how good a connection I can have from Europe, probably nothing spectacular, but I am intrigued by the professions / skills thingy. Is there a ready thread you can link, so that we can read through it and see what you came up with? Also will it be ok to toss in ideas in comments for possible new options?

3. FantasyGamingTV

I'm fairly new to the forums so I'm not quite sure as to what you mean by a "ready" link but I'm certain if you enlighten me I can create one! As for suggestions in the comments, of course!

4. Valkyrie_pl

Valkyrie_pl Big Damn Hero

What I meant is to ask is if the thread you mentioned ("Professions and skills list will be posted in Steam Group as a thread") already exists, and thus can be linked by you, so that we can access it and read it.

5. FantasyGamingTV

Ohhh I see, well no, as of yet it has not been created but will be soon, I can friend you and invite you to the group on steam in the meantime if you would like?

6. HarmonicRev

HarmonicRev Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would like to join. My Steam name is Harmonic Revelations.

I am online almost every day so I will be able to log on regularly. I'm in the North East United States but my internet's download speed is 105 mb/ps so I don't expect latency to be an issue.

7. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

I'm still up for this, is just that I'm currently active in drawing fan content for mobile games right now.

8. boom20

boom20 Void-Bound Voyager

9. FantasyGamingTV

Added you, once you notice my username will be The Joker :)

10. Prawnscale67

Prawnscale67 Void-Bound Voyager

I was going to do the other server that you made, but i got caught up in school. Now I'm actually ready to get on the server. My steam is Team A or prawnscale.

11. Sir Blargh

Sir Blargh Void-Bound Voyager

12. Sir Blargh

Sir Blargh Void-Bound Voyager

13. Valsharaltessem

Valsharaltessem Big Damn Hero

14. Hugtality

Hugtality Orbital Explorer

15. ChaoZed

ChaoZed Space Spelunker

Oi, i'd like to join. I'd really like to help ya out with the lore if that's okay.
    Here's my steam.

16. Tuliup Man

Tuliup Man Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So this seems cool, if it was allowed, could one play as a hotel or colony mayor as a job? Cause in all fairness, if it is, I will recreate my heights hotel as my floran Tuliup Man and RP with the best of them. If so my steam username is Luam_the_elf

17. thehexbugofwater

thehexbugofwater Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, I'd like to join this if possible, steam name is Cherrypone (Don't believe there are multiple with it, if there are say so and I'll send you a link).

18. ShadowPuppy

ShadowPuppy Void-Bound Voyager

19. bladeornia

bladeornia Void-Bound Voyager