Is it possible to dump your boyfriend/ girlfriend by cheating on them?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skittee, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Skittee

Skittee Void-Bound Voyager

I kind of want to cheat on Alex and see what happens, but at the same time I don't want to because I'm just too attached to him and it would break my heart to dump him or see him sad :(

But let's say I wanted to and put aside all of my regret, would it be possible to give a bouquet to someone else while you're dating another person and have your current boyfriend/girlfriend dump you/ you dump them and being able to get a new one?

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

You can't dump a boy/girlfriend, simply because there's no recognized relationship in the community before you acquire a Mermaid's Pendant. Until then, you can give bouquets to as many people as you want without causing any jealousy.

Once you have 10 hearts with a chosen sweetheart, gave them a bouquet and have made at least a single house upgrade, upi cam gift them with the pendant. Then the marriage date will be set.

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Nope, you can't break up with anybody in this game. At least not at this point. You can give all 10 bachelor(ette)s bouquets and they'll all be your boyfriends/girlfriends and nobody gets jealous. They'll even be your boyfriend/girlfriend after you marry one of them. BUT once you're married your spouse can get jealous if you gift a bachelor(ette) something, but nothing bad happens, they won't lose hearts or leave you or anything.

• Skittee

Skittee Void-Bound Voyager

Oh *goes to woo all of the other bachelors and bachelorettes*

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Doesn't rejecting Penny during her 10-heart scene put your relationship with her back about five hearts? I think that's as close as the game comes to letting you 'break up', and that's only with one character, though.

• CjBeats

CjBeats Weight of the Sky

Why do you wanna cheat on Alex tho is the real question here? *sigh* All these people talking about wooing multiple people at once and I'm just here.. too weak to ever cheat on my waifu. (When Shane comes out that is not my character Lucas, that is Bonnie. Totally different character obvs.)

To answer your question though: No, you can't break up or anything with your spouse. However in 1.1 I think divorce will be an option.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

^ I'm the same way, as much as I *kinda* wanna have some fun with Sam, I'll always be Seb's girl. lol I married him on my first save, gonna do it again on my current one, I just can't help it. >u<

MagicallyClueless and CjBeats like this.
                • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

I'm monogamous in my saves too, but I change bachelor(ette) when I start a new save. I will be faithful to whoever I'm wooing on that save though, I cannot give buoquets to everybody. I just can't. Even though I know nothing happens and they're not real people with real feelings. It just doesn't feel rightX3

Anexius, SterlingC and CjBeats like this.
                  • WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

I choosed Haley, then I saw all the other events on the youtube, I guess that it is a option xD

PS: also rejecting them on their 10 heart events are kinda sad T_T

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
                    • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

I've never seen the appeal of toying with their virtual affections just for the sake of a cut scene, either. I've also never been interested in several of the younger-seeming bachelors and bachelorettes-- the ones still living with their parents seem /way/too young to me, so in my first save I confined my attentions to Harvey and in the current game, Leah. I am content to be friends with the others.

Erick648 likes this.
                      • RaineShadow

RaineShadow Industrial Terraformer

Yeah, I prefer sticking with just one chosen person as well, and I'm not even interested in most of them, either. Also, sorry if I seem rude or anything, but it really doesn't bother me that most of them still live at home. I don't see that as a bad thing. It's a small village and I actually like that they have a family and that they kind of accept the farmer into it.

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                        • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Not sure how saying you aren't bothered by that would be seen as rude, unless you were at the keyboard bashing keys and screaming, ARGLEBLARG NO LIKE!!, but, hokay. It's not the living at home part so much as the implied ages.

• RaineShadow

Haha, okay :rofl: I was cautious because I read some opinions where it was said that they don't like the bachelors/bachelorettes (other than Leah and Elliot, I think) because they still live at home, so yeah...

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Well, in my own case-- purely my own opinion-- I do prefer the bachelors who seem to be a bit older, and part of that is that they do have their own places, career goals, and so on. Harvey, Leah, and Elliot are my favorites because of that, but, if you identify with one or more of the other eligibles, then hey, that's why CA gives us a choice.

• RaineShadow

I guess I'm opposite, and the age thing doesn't bother me because I made my farmer an OC, so they can be whatever age, but yeah, it all comes down to personal preferences and that's the beauty of this game :)

• WilliamZ

Shane kinda take care of his own, Haley and Emily lives alone (will their parents return in a future update?), Alex, Aby and Sam are younger of course, but they are adorable, I simple love all the characters of this game @_@
                                  Oh and Seb, he is young but a lot mature for his age.

• Reddestiny921

Reddestiny921 Pangalactic Porcupine

I have all the bachelor(ettes) up to ten hearts on Seb's file preferring to rp in my own head why I would be with each one without being romantic no matter what is coded into the game, I still spend most of the year only talking to Seb and the family I didn't lose a heart with Seb until I stopped gifting him every day while I rea. As for age just because someone isn't perfect and has flaws that would fit someone who is very young doesn't bring them down has a character. in real life of course some health benefits leave people aging very nice making forty the new twenty in some case, have you seen the "middle aged" humans of the world today. Lol though really sometimes people are only seen as younger based on how they think, some spoilers I guess...but just a few points in the second it there.

Haley is one of the most immature characters next to Jodi. Haley whines a lot is naturally rude she spends more time complaining than anything even making her darkroom makes you wonder if their parents paid for it since she doesn't help. Jodi has a lot of lines showing she's unhappy with her life though she's not confined and could go to the city to do something with her life since Sam will take care of her brother while she works. He even has a line where he notices she's unhappy but she's comfortable with her pity party. Abby has her times but considering Caroline may have hooked up with the wizard and is trying a bit too hard to stifle her daughter it's not so surprising I mean not every twenty, thirty, or even forty and up have their bits together in life she has time. Sam has youthful interests too most of them do but age doesn't stop you from enjoying things it doesn't mean anything except when seeing events and how they grow as characters which makes their faults far more charming in most cases. Just how I look at it.

Of course people should like what they want but I always see the same thing, they don't do such and such and still live at home so they aren't as good as this character it's common for every game. i would be a lot less interested in the characters if they were all perfect for their age and had everything going for them it's a small community and for most that's all they know you would expect them to be a little less ahead of the game of life.

• WilliamZ

Harley really have a change of heart after her 8 hearts event, Alex looks imature at first, but after 6 hearts he say sorry for his behaviour and starts to show his feelings often, I think that Sam is a nice guy in general, no problem in not being extraordinary, since the most of us aren't.

• Erick648

Erick648 Pangalactic Porcupine

Also her 8-heart scene, which you could trigger after giving her the bouquet. You can also reduce characters' affection by hitting them repeatedly with a slingshot, which theoretically could bring them down to 0 hearts if you do it enough (or just ignore them for a really long time). I don't know if any of this removes the relationship status, though.

Yeah, it feels immersion-breaking to date everyone, especially since you remain "dating" even after you're married. I do wish there was a way to get to 10 hearts with the singles without dating them (just like you can with other villagers, including single villagers like Clint).

WilliamZ likes this.
                                        • MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

divorce will come in 1.1, but i'm unsure if breaking up will be an option. hopefully, since i'm sure it's awkward for a lot of people.

right now, if you're married to someone and you bring them down in heart level, they'll still stay married to you but they'll be EXTREMELY unhappy and it's pretty freakin depressing