RELEASED Lighter Barn and Coop Retexures

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Dozy, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Dozy

Dozy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

L I G H T E R / C L E A N E R . I N T E R I O R S

[​IMG]

I N F O

This is a retexture and map/tile altering mod that changes the Barn, Big Barn, Deluxe Barn, Coop, Big Coop, and Deluxe Coop interiors. A few craftable textures were also included, but may be optional.

The goal was for an overall lighter and brighter color scheme and cleaner feel to the interiors. All files are available for download in the link at the bottom of the post.

Also, almost forgot to mention that you are able to refill your watering can at any of the watering troughs.

I M A G E S

Note: These following images were taken via TiDE, so don't include the hay hoppers/incubators in the pictures. In-game screenshots for the Deluxe Barn and Deluxe Coop are available further down, within this post.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note: These following images were taken via TiDE, so don't include the hay hoppers/incubators in the pictures. In-game screenshots for the Deluxe Barn and Deluxe Coop are available further down, within this post.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

C R A F T A B L E S

In order to match this retexture set, the hay hopper and incubator textures within craftables.xnb have been modified.

The Mayo Machine, Cheese Press, and the Heater from craftables.xnb, as well as the hay/straw from springobjects.xnb have also been altered to match the interiors.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

NOTE: I also included a file titled "Optional - Textures for Tilesheet Mod" for individuals familiar with image editing programs and packing/unpacking .xnb files. Hopefully, this should make the process of combining these new sprites with any existing retextures a bit easier.

*Unfortunately, I am not able to assist with the image editing, modding, process, so please refer to this thread for instructions or assistance.

I N S T A L L

To install, simply follow the download link and unzip the folder included. All necessary .xnb files are within the "Contents" folder (info about the other "optional folder" is included just above). Place the .xnb files into their respective folders within your Stardew Valley game directory as shown (e.g. cooptiles.xnb within "Contents" and "Maps" folders).

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD!

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    • Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

This looks great! I will install later today.

Edit: I installed this afternoon, and I love it. Just something to add to original post is that is you have chest or machines, the new texture may overlap them. Still accessible, I just finally moved them, as they wound up in posts and water troughs. Any chance on slime hutch remake?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
        eemie and Dozy like this.
      • Chisami

Chisami Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Really like these, thanks! I love clean, bright recolors that don't look too washed out.

Dozy likes this.
        • MoonlitBrenya

MoonlitBrenya Existential Complex

thank you so much for including the overlays! I have a modded craftables.xnb and I can't remember why it's there, so I was scared to overwrite it. Now i can just pop your overlay onto the one I have. Thank you so much. Lovely work, I have your flooring and wallpapers as well. Hope to see more of your work.

Edited after loading the already-present craftables... scarecrow kitties! that's why I have a modded file, derp, lol.

I'm not trying to overwhelm you, but I do have to ask, do you have plans on doing other machines in a similar palette (kegs and preserve jars specifically, since many of us store those machines in barns and coops as well)? I am fiddling with my own craftable file, but I can't seem to duplicate the effect. may just do something to get by, but hoping to see something coming from you.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
            Dozy likes this.
          • Dozy

Dozy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I do! I have actually been working on them, but I am struggling to get the right color/lightness balance. Everything looks good to go in photoshop, but once it is in game a lot of it looks way too light. I will probably just go ahead and post the latest version I have been working on sometime within the week.

Also, thank you so very much for the compliments :)

MoonlitBrenya likes this.
            • Dozy

Dozy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey Brenya, just wanted to let you know that I've posted a craftables retexture update :)

• Dozy

Dozy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey there, I just saw your edit. I haven't really thought about the slime hutch much, but may look into it. The Winery/Brewery retexture mod is pretty awesome, so I didn't really think much about it. But, may see how difficult it might be to make a lighter version of the original. Thanks for your post :)

• Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

I like that Winery/Brewery retexture mod for the slime hutch. Will have to look at that closer for my next playthrough instead of raising slimes. A lighter texture for the current slime hutch would be nice for my eyes in my current playthrough. I have difficulty with that real dark color and I have NO artistic ability :)

Dozy likes this.
                  • HiHaHi123

HiHaHi123 Orbital Explorer

I like this hue!This hue is comfort and warm.:mwahaha:

Dozy likes this.
                    • Iomega0318

Iomega0318 Big Damn Hero

Love these!

Dozy likes this.