1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Enemies Aren't Stupid! ... Anymore! 1.9

A mod that overhauls odd behaviors in NPC's and Monsters!

1. SupaCURE

SupaCURE Orbital Explorer

Sentient, that is a huge help. I really appreciate it. Thanks for even having a solution! You will have credit in the next update. I encountered this bug before, on several occasions, but never understood why it was happening and actually couldn't easily reproduce it. I think it had something to do with both enemies and monsters being spawned at the same time, and the AI getting confused. WIll be updated within the hour, if not the next few!

LIVE REACTION likes this.
  2. SupaCURE

3. SentientSupper

SentientSupper Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Another bug:
    The monsters in the second and third arena sidequests attack the npc (volo the pet tamer and the fire templar guy) whom you're supposed to fight, effectively making the mission far too easy.

4. SupaCURE

haha I actually haven't gotten that far in the game yet, I heard reports of this and the fix will actually be very simple when I get there. Sorry about that! I have friends that were supposed to play but instead of playing they are doing IRL stuff and I decided to take up modding hence this project here. I will update it within the next day or two to fix and just teleport into the instances if I have to!

5. KingJigglypuff

KingJigglypuff Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really hate to have to bump a 4 week old thread, but with the recent Starbound update (v1.1.1), something relating to monstertype nodes broke your mod, making players unable to teleport out of their ship.

6. Tymon

Tymon Cosmic Narwhal

The 1.1.1 update made it where this mod full on deletes all NPCs period rendering the game more or less unplayable. Needs to be updated ASAP.

7. Ramare

Ramare Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, I was going to report that this mod is busted but some beautiful people beat me to it.

I guess all I can add is that I hope this isn't where this mod dies. Since the update broke the mod and the author hasn't been seen online in almost an entire month (although that doesn't necessarily mean they have abandoned the forums since they could exclusively log into stealth mode) it could be, though, which is the part that's not good. And since the mod has "do not alter, do not redistribute" permissions that mean that people can't really revive the mod if it does die, that's cause for a bit of anxiety.

8. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

I've been able to kinda find the source of the problem, it mostly happens when you go in a dungeon where some probably special monster tries to instantiate itself. i'd guess it's caused by a missing element. anyway here is the log
    Code:
    [18:45:37.457] [Error] WorldServerThread exception caught: (JsonException) No such key in Json::get("appliesWeatherStatusEffects")
    [0] 7ff72b273223 Star::captureStack
    [1] 7ff72b271fae Star::StarException::StarException
    [2] 7ff72b214b29 Star::Json::get
    [3] 7ff72b214faf Star::Json::getBool
    [4] 7ff72b645122 Star::StatusController::StatusController
    [5] 7ff72b406a50 std::make_shared<Star::StatusController,Star::Json & __ptr64>
    [6] 7ff72b410a6f Star::Monster::Monster
    [7] 7ff72b433221 std::_Ref_count_obj<Star::Monster>::_Ref_count_obj<Star::Monster><Star::MonsterVariant & __ptr64,Star::Maybe<float> & __ptr64>
    [8] 7ff72b436830 std::make_shared<Star::Monster,Star::MonsterVariant & __ptr64,Star::Maybe<float> & __ptr64>
    [9] 7ff72b440945 Star::MonsterDatabase::createMonster
    [10] 7ff72b610838 Star::Spawner::spawnInCell
    [11] 7ff72b60ed52 Star::Spawner::activateRegion
    [12] 7ff72b611000 Star::Spawner::update
    [13] 7ff72b7a53d9 Star::WorldServer::update
    [14] 7ff72b7ad252 Star::WorldServerThread::update
    [15] 7ff72b7accb8 Star::WorldServerThread::run
    [16] 7ff72b26fd0e Star::ThreadImpl::runThread
    [17] 7ffe3af08364 BaseThreadInitThunk
    [18] 7ffe3c945e91 RtlUserThreadStart

9. Pachi3080

Pachi3080 Void-Bound Voyager

Hope this gets fixed

10. DrSulfurious

DrSulfurious Void-Bound Voyager

FIXED, ENJOY! SORRY! DAMN YOU CHUCKLEFISH FOR MAKING MY PROFILE PICTURE A REALITY EVERY VERSION UPDATE

11. SupaCURE

SupaCURE updated Enemies Aren't Stupid! ... Anymore! with a new update entry:

FIXED THE DARN THING!

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. SupaCURE

Apparently I have two accounts haha, my mistake! Must've been around since the early days!

13. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

afraid its still broken supa,
    the 3 .monstertype files are missing the "appliesWeatherStatusEffects" key

14. Pachi3080

Pachi3080 Void-Bound Voyager

I've noticed that I can't beam down to some planets with the last version of this mod installed.

15. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

16. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

Iris Blanche likes this.
  17. SupaCURE

Fixed guys, enjoy. Sorry.

18. SupaCURE

19. Ramare

Ramare Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Heads up, I think this mod might break the Floran mission. When I get to the arena the boss is already dead and I can't progress. I think that the new patch file for the boss may have an error in it. I looked at the log file and there were some lines that may confirm this theory.

Code:
    [18:22:19.641] [Error] Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/monsters/monster.lua"]:162: Lua Error in monster type 'spiderboss'
    [string "/scripts/behavior.lua"]:113: [string "/scripts/behavior.lua"]:43: (StarException) No such behavior module 'trackingoriginal'

20. SupaCURE

Fixed, thanks bud!