1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Improved Containers 2.11

Persistent storage, Mass selling, Renaming, Searching, Sorting, Quick stacking

1. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

v6ooo updated Improved Containers with a new update entry:

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. Natural Aura

Natural Aura Pangalactic Porcupine

OMG, the way you improved sorting is SOOOOOOO much better, oh and that quick stack, *heavenly sound*! Job extremely well done! (The sorting is starting to remind me a lot of Terraria.) xD

3. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Sweet Cthulhu's nipples, this is awesome! Goodbye, inventory micromanagement! The fact that I can load up a container and then use up only one inventory spot for everything in it makes it ten times as useful as well!
    --- Post updated ---
    Oh, just to be sure - would there be any problems with deep stacking? For example, keep my dirt in a container named Dirt, placed inside a container named Natural Blocks, inside a container named Building Materials, etc?

4. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

Deep stacking is possible 1 level deep, container inside container, but will be removed in the next non-bugfix update.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  5. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

6. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

7. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Aw, that's too bad. Ahwell, still useful!

8. Natural Aura

Natural Aura Pangalactic Porcupine

I can't use any of these features on any of the Orcana Ship Lockers!
    Is this because it's incompatible, if so, can you make it compatible please! >.<
    (If you do make the Orcana race compatible, would I need to be worried about the contents already in the Orcana ship lockers, or should I been fine. I got like 30 storage lockers full of stuff!)

On a separate note, the only difference between this mod and Terraria's storage system is a deposit all function. :DD

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  9. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

10. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

I'm torn. On the one hand: This fixes an obvious exploit. Also, I suppose it adds realism. It gives us a reason to use a Fridge. (Q: Do refrigerated containers still prevent food rot when picked up?)

On the other hand: The only plausible explanation for how much stuff can be carried around in inventory, without any encumbrance, is that characters either have a pocket dimension or it's converted into energy. Either way, food is not likely to spoil much, especially if it's stored as energy.

Regardless, this issue only applies to inventory. Even when food did not spoil in a container in inventory, one still had to use a Fridge or similar to preserve any food placed in a container outside inventory. So even before this, a Fridge had some value/use.

Then again, I found the Fridge very easy and cheap to come by. It may have been the roll of the RNG dice, but on my 2nd character, the 2nd planet I visited had a merchant near my teleport which sold them for a mere 106 pixels each. To be fair, though, Frogg Furnishings does not seem to carry them.

11. greenskye

greenskye Pangalactic Porcupine

Just as an update the Avali mod changed something about it's large containers (128 slots) so they don't work with your mod. Copying and renaming the file "genechest128.config.patch" to "avalichest128.config.patch" seems to have fixed the issue, though I still don't have a "Take All" button. But I suspect this is a problem with how they've implemented the chest in the first place.

12. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

13. tokdui

tokdui Void-Bound Voyager

It seems if you put a Fridge inside your inventory, the food still keep rotting.

14. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

Correct. As it does with all food in your inventory.

15. Thundercraft

That doesn't seem right. A Fridge is designed to preserve food. :(

16. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

When it is running (placed), yes.

If you wish to disable rotting there are multiple mods out there that disable it.

17. Thundercraft

There are many players who find food rot to be something of an annoyance, but who absolutely refuses to use a mod to disable it. (I play Survival Mode by choice. I am not cheesy enough to play Casual.) By my reasoning, once my character has managed to acquire a portable Fridge or other cooling technology, that should reduce or eliminate food rot. But not before and not without.

Just saying: It makes no sense that a portable Fridge magically stops it's function to keep food cold once put in personal inventory. Logically, one has to conclude that the Fridge is portable because it is not plugged into a mains or any other power source. The crafting recipe requires an industrial-sized battery, for crying out loud!

Also, logically, a character's personal inventory has to be some sort of hammerspace or dimensional pocket. How else can one effortlessly carry around all that stuff? And food should not rot as fast in the absence of air or, possibly, the passage of time.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  18. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

If you're unhappy with the vanilla behavior where food rots in your inventory, change it.

19. tokdui

tokdui Void-Bound Voyager

Hum... I might not explaining it correctly. What I really mean is... When I put bunch of food inside a fridge then put the fridge inside my inventory, the food continue to rot while they are in the fridge which inside my inventory. The behavior stop when the fridge is being place outside the world.

20. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

That is correct. This is the default behavior in Starbound, which I applied to the mod on Aug 9.

To prevent food from rotting you need to put it in a fridge that is placed in the world, or you disable food rotting completely by yourself.