1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Gem race 0.1.0 (Sycophantic Pearl)

From the CN cartoon, "Steven Universe".

1. SpaceDonkeyKong

SpaceDonkeyKong Subatomic Cosmonaut

SpaceDonkeyKong submitted a new mod:

Gem race - From the CN cartoon, "Steven Universe".

Read more about this mod...

Hey! I'm currently making a race mod to add Steven Universe type Gems to the selection game.

So far I've got the character creation right, mostly. Sadly, as far as I know, the gem proper, which counts as facial hair, can't be placed somewhere else than the head. Perhaps I'm wrong. If I could put it on the chest or on the leg, for example, without resorting to clothing, it'd be nice.
    [​IMG]

Currently working on starter clothing, which will include Pearl's space suit and Peridot's clothes (without enhancers)
    [​IMG]

Also S.A.I.L. is going to be a Holo-Pearl.

[​IMG]

I'm eventually planning a custom ship, weapons, armours and such. Stay tuned!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    IHart, Alkanthe, mercuriies and 5 others like this.
  2. Tet the Zoologist

Tet the Zoologist Space Penguin Leader

Looks pretty good so far. I don't usually pay much attention to mods that allow you to play as characters from shows and games, but this one seems unique enough to stand on its own. Keep up the good work cowboy!

Meganutername and Arra like this.
  3. SpaceDonkeyKong

Thank you!

I'm currently messing with several things, just to know how much I'll be able to actually alter. The answer turned out to be "a lot".

Currently trying to make a ship look good in its final form. Hopefully, when I'm done with this, you eventually get to fly a genuine Homeworld hand-ship.
    [​IMG]

Side feature: trying to make a custom shop.
    [​IMG]

And while I'm not done with clothes (pictured: the not-done Peridot outfit. Outfits are tedious to make) and hats/visors, I've determined how to make a custom tenant spawn, with a predetermined gem placement, colours, clothing, hairstyle, name and dialogue.
    [​IMG]
    Knowing that it's possible to make some tenants ALWAYS turn into a specific crew class, it should eventually be possible to fly a ship with a Peridot engineer and Ruby soldiers.

4. darkcrill

darkcrill Void-Bound Voyager

wow i can't wait for this to be done

Arra likes this.
  5. Alpha_StevO

Alpha_StevO Phantasmal Quasar

I was plannin' on doing a racemod like this myself, BUT seems someone got to it before I did. I had gotten a buttload of hairs done, and had plans for more based off the gem silhouettes we see in flashbacks and whatnot.

[​IMG]
    Lemme know if ya like them; I'll definitely keep workin' on them if ya feel like using them! I could help with weapons/armorstuff as well!

By the way, what ARE the plans for the armors? That's a problem I ran into myself, mostly due to the only real armors I could think of belong to this unnamed Amethyst-esque gem and Jasper's Crash Helmet.

Roskii Heiral, Alkanthe and Arra like this.
  6. SpaceDonkeyKong

Hey, that looks pretty cool! Yeah, I'd be thrilled to include them (and any subsequent ones) in the mod, with credit of course, if you give me permission to!

My current plants for armours are:
    - Peridot's limb enhancers
    - Jasper's clothes in "The Return", with the cape, plus the helmet. Someone's already made one so instead of reinventing the wheel, I think I'll just ask them for permission to incorporate it in this big mod.
    Sadly, it's true, there are very few armours actually shown so far... We may have to look to fan art if push comes to shove.

PS: Behold, a large robonoid ship pet. It's sulking. I'm planning to replace the teleporter with a warp pad, too.
    [​IMG]

Meganutername and Arra like this.
  7. Alpha_StevO

You have my permission to use my stuff, man. Heck, I'll go back to work at makin' the other gem hairs as I had intended, so I'll go and PM you a file with the hairs later, all of them arranged so ya just hafta drop it into the hairs folder!

8. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Oh please yes.

9. darkcrill

Arra likes this.
  10. darkcrill

11. Alpha_StevO

I had actually forgotten about those armors. From the looks of it, there's seven unique sets of armor there. Not a bad find, especially when ten's needed in total! But what of the last three?

I was looking at the Diamonds, and Blue Diamond definitely has the look of a Manipulator. Yellow Diamond could be either a Seperator or an Accelerator, depending on what White Diamond actually looks like. Could make some armors based off of them, as it'd be fitting that the best armor would be styled after their lords.

Arra likes this.
  12. Arra

Arra The End of Time

I honestly think that Yellow Diamond would be a separator....sorry for me just clinging to this thread now! :rofl:

13. Elevas

Elevas Intergalactic Tourist

I just want to say I love it. May I share with you my OC character Spessartine and give you permission to use her in your mod? :D

14. SpaceDonkeyKong

Well, I suppose it'd just be a matter of hair, right? Hair and colour pattern? Considering that I can't put gems anywhere but on the head :D We could always add the hair and the colour scheme.

Progress on the ship:

[​IMG]

Those geometric patterns are really tedious to draw! They'll be in the background, with presumably glass instead of the normal ship panels that you'd otherwise break to reveal the machinery. That way, you can hang stuff up AND still see the gem ship's background.

Alkanthe and Meganutername like this.
  15. Alpha_StevO

Gotta arrange the hairs and .zip 'em up, BUT I wanna post this as well:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I wasn't able to do a full makeover for the ship's teleporter room, but I've got a good chunk of pre-1.0 assets, and teleporters are in there! SO took a crack at makin' the teleporter in the Crystal Gem's Temple.

SpaceDonkeyKong likes this.
  16. SpaceDonkeyKong

Wait! I've already nabbed the hairs from your image file (I realise I should probably have told you that before, and if so, I apologise for the extra work!). And they look GLORIOUS. Especially the Rose one. Let me take a screenshot in a couple of minutes.

EDIT: screenshot! Just for the hair/skin combo. Disregard the clothes.
    [​IMG]

Nice teleporter too, just what I had in mind for the ship and possibly a racial blueprint involving the same components as the ones required from a 2-Stop Teleshop.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  17. Asian_Sniper

Asian_Sniper Void-Bound Voyager

Quick question would there be random NPC's of the gems? If yes would you be able to bring them into your settlements?

CAN'T WAIT. MY FAVORITE SHOW. BEST OF WISHES

SpaceDonkeyKong likes this.
  18. SpaceDonkeyKong

If by "random NPCs" you mean "NPCs in friendly settlements" like Avian villages and such: I have plans for that, but probably further down the line, after initial release.

You can't bring random NPCs in your settlement anyway, but! Gem tenants are very much planned. For example, I'm planning to have Amethyst be summonable into your settlement by using "combat" and "wrecked" furniture, while Rose would be summoned with "combat" and "giant flower" furniture. A few posts above, there's even an image of (an unfinished) Peridot being summoned via wired items.

Random mix and match tenants are also a possibility (summonable via "gem"-tagged items, perhaps?), but there's no telling whether they'll look good! You may end up with a lilac and yellow gem wearing red and white... (no offense intended if anyone's gemsona looks just like that...)

PS: glad to see so much enthusiasm! This just makes me want to work even harder to make this mod come to fruition.

19. Asian_Sniper

Asian_Sniper Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for replying so quick and answering my questions
    can't wait to see the final product. ^_^

20. darkcrill

i was thinking for the animation for re spawn after death. an injector from a kindergarten injects the ground and after a bit the gem pops out.