1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Cannot Open Containers

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Biodude, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Biodude

Biodude Void-Bound Voyager

Hello.
    So I've put a good amount of time into Starbound since it was first opened for purchase forever ago and have never encountered this error in all of that time...
    Here's what happens: I'll go to certain containers on a planet's surface and attempt to open them. The game seizes up for a few seconds before displaying an error about "
    [Error] Exception caught in client main-loop
    (WidgetParserException) Failed to find callback named: optionsButton
    [0]"
    and then returns me to the main menu. What does this mean? I'll attach a clean log file for this since the log file is kind of big ('the whole start program, load character, open container, error' sequence). Also attached is a .GIF of what happens. It's very short, but as is the limit of the .GIF format...
    Whoever can help I would be deeply appreciative.

Attached Files:

2. Geth270

Geth270 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It looks like the game is failing to call(?) (not sure what to call it, get it?) the optionsButton, it looks to be a part if the Enhanced Storage mod. I'd recommend uninstalling this mod as well as the Enhanced Storage [Hoarder Addon]. If simply unsubscribing doesn't solve your issue you may need to reinstall the game (although I wouldn't think so in this case)

function optionsButton()
    -- show options menu
    toggleOptions = not toggleOptions
    widget.setVisible("optionsBackground", toggleOptions)
    widget.setVisible("optionsLabel", toggleOptions)
    widget.setVisible("optionsSave", toggleOptions)
    widget.setVisible("optionsReset", toggleOptions)
    widget.setVisible("itemGrid", not toggleOptions)
    widget.setVisible("clear", not toggleOptions)
    widget.setVisible("count", not toggleOptions)

widget.setVisible("optionsOption1Label", toggleOptions)
    widget.setVisible("renameContainer", toggleOptions)
    widget.setVisible("renameContainerEnter", toggleOptions)
    widget.setVisible("renameContainerReset", toggleOptions)
    widget.setVisible("renameContainerImage", toggleOptions)

widget.setVisible("optionsOption2Label", toggleOptions)
    widget.setVisible("interfaceColors", toggleOptions)

widget.setVisible("optionsOption3Label", toggleOptions)
    widget.setVisible("keepContent", toggleOptions)
    end

not sure what's failing to call it, can't be bothered to look

Also please relate to This thread when submitting bugs and provide all the information.

3. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

I doubt its a bug from mod since i dont have this issue (and peoples dont post about that too , you may need to post your mod list.

4. Geth270

It could be a mod conflict, maybe some other mod also has an optionsButton method, but when it's being called it gets the wrong parameters or tries to call both. Either way removing this mod can likely solve the issue.

Edit --- In fact, looking at the actual mod page it states:
    "IMPORTANT
    • This mod is not compatible to other mods which change vanilla containers!

• If you decide to uninstall the mod after using keep in mind that all containers used with this mod must be smashed and placed again before you can open them afterwards"
    From the looks of it he is running "Improved Containers" along side the other mod, which are conflicting (just tested)

He has to choose get rid of one of them.

Attached Files:

• 123.png
      123.png
      File size:
      47.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    SkullKidDanzen likes this.
  5. Biodude

The weird thing is, I haven't had ANY issues with it conflicting with containers before now. I ran the game last about two weeks ago and it functioned just like it always had with no conflicts nor errors of the game-breaking sorts.
    Now this? It just seems weird that it would happen all of a sudden to me.
    I'll be sure to remove both and then try again. I'll keep you posted on what happens.
    Thanks for the suggestions guys!

6. Biodude

Okay, so as per your recommendation, I removed both and now there is no issue. The containers did not have to be broken unless you meant the game will break and replace them automatically?
    But I think this issue is resolved. This community is a great thing for sure.

7. Geth270

Braking and replacing the containers was a recommendation from the mod author but for me there was no need for it either.