1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Boss items level

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Dinadin, Aug 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Dinadin

Dinadin Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! It was said, that the level of your armor is affects the level of the items from the bosses. I farmed Asra Nox for the Solus Katana in the T6 armor(Universalist's Set), and i got only lover level version(for 2400 pixels), instead of T6(3360 pixels). So what is actually affects the level of items from bosses?
    Sry for my English btw.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Solus Katana is marked as T4 in the assets. Afaik the bossdrops are fixed in their level + stats but i'm not 100% sure about this.

~ Iris ~

3. Ispano

Ispano Phantasmal Quasar

The level of your armor affecting it is either old, or simply a rumor. Most likely the latter.

4. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

I never heard of that rumor. he only thign armor affects is the damage the wepaon does that the bosses drop.

5. Dinadin

Dinadin Void-Bound Voyager

6. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

well the firts is an assumption or a guess, and the second can be proofen with the question if someone ever found a solus with lower stats, I guess not. The stats are fixed afaik and have experienced and they only scale with the damage % of the armor.

7. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Did some quick farming with commands and T6 armor. Drop is still T4 so regardless of your armor you will never drop something higher. However you can spawn in a T6 or even T10 solus if you want. But the standard level is tied to T4 for this weapon.

~ Iris ~

8. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

Asra must be smithing those things, otherwise where does she have the one again at the endboss fiht? At leats here they could have made the T6 version an optional drop. But then the T4 one is actually powerful enough.