1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Fully Customizable Ship 2.0 Upbeat Giraffe Beta

Lets you customize your ship block by block

1. sleepingfoot

sleepingfoot Orbital Explorer

Hi, I'm still having trouble with this mod and it's the only mod I use in Starbound. I've followed the instructions, including deleting .shipworld file from giraffe_storage/player after renaming the FCSMod shipworld file, but I still can't edit my ship with existing or new characters. It's refreshing the ship instead. Can I get honorable help?

2. Wild_Javalope

Wild_Javalope Space Hobo

A friend of mine and I are running into an issue where the spaces occupied by the fuel tank and torch-thrusters become unavailable to place blocks on. We can remove them just fine, but when trying to place blocks in the background nothing will place there.

3. Ruselld1

Ruselld1 Zero Gravity Genie

My ship will not appear stays the same just like any normal ship

4. hikarushirou

hikarushirou Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just starting to really get into this game (yeah I'm late to the party :rofl:) and mods like these really make it more enjoyable. Sure, I could build a base on some planet and warp to it all the time, but why do that when I can make my own flying base that's with me all the time?! So cool~

Progress Attempt--

[​IMG]

I'm sure you know about it, but I noticed it says it doesn't work with existing characters. But when I upgraded my ship it converted to the basic wooden ship your mod provides for newbie characters! Was a bit of an extra surprise from SAIL I guess. =p

Question: I see there's a few files labeled dropshipblocks#, with the number corresponding to each level, in each races' folders. Can one edit that image and upon loading a new ship level/upgrade (or maybe even new character) have the ship turn into that like it would the default image? According to the text file's colour coding of course.

Or is that way too complicated and I just need to learn how to not fall into the abyss of space all the time and build my ship block by block? :rofl: Just something I was thinking of....

5. Akari_Enderwolf

Akari_Enderwolf Pangalactic Porcupine

why does this mod not support custom characters anymore

6. maga

maga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You have to do that manually, i think.

7. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

It's not hard at all really.

8. maga

maga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I know.

9. RavenMelonai

RavenMelonai Big Damn Hero

I love this mod! I hope to see a Spirited Giraffe update soon!

10. MythixDino

MythixDino Subatomic Cosmonaut

It does work in SG. I didn't ran into issues when using this mod.

11. RavenMelonai

RavenMelonai Big Damn Hero

Apparently it worked with a new game in SG! I noticed when I tried to build under the thrusters, though, removing them with the matter manipulator just made them disappear instead of becoming an inventory item to 3D print more of. I hope future builds put this back into effect. I loved having extra thrust items to build giant ships!

12. DaveyPlant

DaveyPlant Big Damn Hero

This worked for me on Pleased Giraffe while using an older character until I tried to upgrade the ship (which you need to do to get the rest of the techs now) after which it spawned the ugly stock ship inside my block ship.

Here is the weird part though.

Since I pretty much expected exactly this to happen I had a .shipworld backup ready to go. When I copied in the backup that's when everything went HORRIBLY WRONG. It seemed to paste in the new ship "upgrade" segments into the old shipworld I had loaded.

I have no idea how this could be modified to work with the new system. Perhaps the creator could publish some short tutorial on how he edits .shipworld file to remove their invulnerable invisible box and background. That would be neat. Or at least in the meantime just have some edited .shipworld file that's reached the last stage of the tech and upgrades.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  13. JJsniper2100

JJsniper2100 Space Spelunker

Does this work in pleased giraffe?

14. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

HIGHLY doubt it

15. MythixDino

Try this mod (more active development)

16. JustSomeDude

JustSomeDude Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My ships keep having these invisible indestructible wall blocks for some reason and it frustrates me af. Anyone else having such a bug?

17. MythixDino

Because this mod won't update anymore (inactivity), so this mod is unstable with this version. Try to use the mod I've mentioned before.

(PS: maybe I'll try to revive this, if I have time)

18. XelSlime

XelSlime Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've got just one problem with this mod. It of course doesn't work with mod races, like the slimepeople of the "Super /sgb/ Race Mod", which means I'm stuck with an unchangeable ship frame, but... maybe I can just change the files for myself somehow. I haven't been playing games with others anyway.

19. Psychicgammarays

Psychicgammarays Subatomic Cosmonaut

if you build a ship you like, you can just copy the .shipworld file and replace the .shipworld of the character you want by renaming the shipworld to match that character.

copy vanilla race character A - custom shipworld
    delete mod race character B shipworld
    paste a copy of character A shipworld (if you get the windows dialog to delete or replace the existing file with the same name, do not do that)
    rename the pasted copy shipworld to character B shipworld

voila

20. Pachi3080

Pachi3080 Void-Bound Voyager

Is this still working in 1.0.5?