1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Weapon Fusion Station v2.2

Fuses two weapons into one, keeping the best of both worlds.

1. DarkTakayanagi

DarkTakayanagi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

DarkTakayanagi submitted a new mod:

Weapon Fusion Station - Fuses two weapons into one, keeping the best of both worlds.

Read more about this mod...

2. General_Durandal

General_Durandal Big Damn Hero

I hope this eventually works with weapons from other mods.
    Great work, keep it up!

3. DarkTakayanagi

Thanks.
    Yea, I plan on adding support for weapons from other mods :)

4. DarkTakayanagi

5. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

are you gonna add some FU weapons? it doesnt need to be all of them i just love the look of steel warblade but its too eh-ish :p in stats
    also are you gonna add some tutorial? i didnt downloaded this mod cus im on other computer with no starbound and i dont know how is it gonna look and do
    thanks for making this mod anyway! <3
    EDIT: it can be in codex i love storing these in my giant libraries :badpokerface:

6. DarkTakayanagi

Modded weapons that use the vanilla weapon types should already work just like they were a vanilla weapon. (Example: a dagger from FU that has a new element or a hammer with a new special attack, since they are still a vanilla type - dagger/hammer - they should work without issues)
    Mods that add new weapon types (example: Mine Launcher, Rapier or GreatSword) should also work but GUI options dont auto hide because I don't know which types people create, but they should work notheless.

There's a sort of tutorial on the Overview section in the description of the mod.
    Its basically:
    - craft a Weapon Fusion station at an Inventor's table with 1 diamond.
    - place the station and interact with it.
    - You'll need 2 weapons of the same type in order for the fusion to work.
    - Place the stronger weapon on the left slot and the weaker on the right slot.
    - Some options will appear for you to choose from
    - Pick which thing you want from the weapons, wether you'll want the visual from weapon A, the elemental type from weapon B, etc
    - click the Infuse button and the merged weapon will spawn on the 3rd slot.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  7. MrVauxs

danke. i just downloaded it :)

8. MrVauxs

By the way please add it to workshop i cant keep up with updates on forums frequently :p

9. DarkTakayanagi

10. origamania

origamania Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think it's not expensive enough, 1 diamond is pretty easy to acquire. On a side note the chance to get a next tier weapon is maybe too good, since thorough spelunking on the first planet can possibly lead to a better weapon than anything you can find on the lunar mission.

11. DarkTakayanagi

Thanks for the feedback.
    I'll have a look into the price and % chance and check if they need a bit of refining.

12. Dzony_B

Dzony_B Subatomic Cosmonaut

ok so IDK why but i cant fuse anything. im probably doing something stupid but i tried to fuse violium sword and that clock arm that stops enemies in time with special attack "time pierce" easy to find in floran dungeon. they wont fuse... i also tried to fuse 2 random assault rifles and wont fuse them,they ware same lvl and weapon type. please help,i really like the idea of this mod and want to use it in my game.

13. origamania

Are you using the up to date version of this mod?

14. Dzony_B

i use whatever version is on steam workshop. oh and i got an update... i restarted the game and it started to fuse items... but it fused 2 swords and gave me a crappy sniper... then i fused FU gun and a bow and got the same crappy sniper... dude,i have no idea wtf went on on there. i just wanted my violium sword to look like clock hand. can i have the option to have like 100% chance to fuse and change looks of anything? i dont want to make a collection of good guns and just place them on wall like trophies.
    :D

15. origamania

That sounds really strange, since the mod works as intended for me. You could paste your starbound log on here, to see if something went horribly wrong somewhere.

16. Dzony_B

ok,i never looked for it so i hope this is it...

Attached Files:

17. MrVauxs

;-; please add looks with time piercer
    i wanted to make a "Time Fester" with trail dash and electric effect on Time Piercer but i got a shitty looking blade and the only thing that was sucessfully merged was special and effect
    rest are completly opposite
    EVEN THE STATS ARE WORSE :nurumad:

18. DarkTakayanagi

DarkTakayanagi updated Weapon Fusion Station with a new update entry:

support for crafted and all generated weapons, added failsafe checks

Read the rest of this update entry...

19. DarkTakayanagi

DarkTakayanagi updated Weapon Fusion Station with a new update entry:

Partial support for some Unique weapons, minor UI changes, additional failproof checks

Read the rest of this update entry...

20. Zauber Paracelsus

Zauber Paracelsus Pangalactic Porcupine

I tried using this mod with the violium broadsword, and the resulting item was broken. What happens is that after the first swing, the sword won't swing again.

EDIT: Also, the stats got a little worse.