1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali (Triage) 1.11.0

Return of the most adorable predators this side of the universe rift

1. Toff1985

Toff1985 Poptop Tamer

Ok, thanks.

2. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Welp now that I'm back in school I MIGHT get into modding again.

Also Dilrax from Rentek armory might want to collaborate with things, or whatever the message was

3. quietrepentance

quietrepentance Big Damn Hero

My friends and I beat 1.0 a while back then ran out of stuff to do, so I took it upon myself to make a mod collection to add to our server, then we all started over.

This species was one of the mods I added and I am so happy I did. I am a fluffy space birdthing with a minigun. I am Heavy Weapons Avali, and this is my weapon. Pewpewpewpew. I now proudly fly the flag of these people.

Who do I have to thank for the existence of these fantastic creatures?

4. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

We're a team for the most part, Fevix does a lot, Devani Thakyz and a few others. I contribute some code and help fix bugs.

The original mod is made by RyuujinZERO.

5. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

The issue was in the shipworld files. As you rebooted SAIL, the ship upgrades to the next tier.
    However, the way we had it, the SAIL station was replacing itself in the same place every upgrade. So when you reboot sail, you have about a second of seeing the actual dialogue he's supposed to say before the SAIL station is destroyed and remade by the engine, which in turn causes the script to reset. Because it's now a tier1 ship, it skips the dialogue (Because the dialogue starts in tier0, the broken ship).
    The fix: Make tier0 the only ship with a pixel designating SAIL station, and change the blockkey to make the SAIL station persist through all tiers.

No, because the issue will only occur when you upgrade the ship. Your shipworld already has the SAIL station saved to it.
    If, however, you had the tier 7 ship and upgraded to tier 8, the game would look at the tier 8 ship's blocks and see nothing but back wall in the SAIL area. Because your shipworld does not have the SAIL station saved as a persistent object and the new tier 8 file does not have a SAIL station there, the game will remove the SAIL station.
    Staring a new character, however, gives you the tier0 ship, which not only HAS the SAIL station, but also has it set as a persistent object. This fact gets saved to the shipworld file, and all subsequent upgrades will keep SAIL.

I COULD have made it so only the tier0 -> tier1 upgrade needed such a thing, but I know Starbound and it may have caused crashes when it tried to spawn a new persistent SAIL station in the exact same place a persistent SAIL station already existed. Rather than risk this, I simply applied the change across the board.

6. Ancev Caine

Ancev Caine Existential Complex

RyuujinZERO created the original Avali Mod two years ago, which the Triage team has been, with permission, keeping up to date ever since he left Starbound modding. Ryuujin's work on the Avali apparently dates back to the Spore days, and he's also made Avali mods for Second Life and has stated plans to create a Stellaris mod.

7. Sparrows

Sparrows Pangalactic Porcupine

Does it bother anyone else that you can't put the Inset Lights in a corner without them flipping around?

8. leinglo

leinglo Phantasmal Quasar

I noticed that too. Is it a bug or a feature for that light to have terrain detection?
    I've also been wondering, what's the difference between a Light Block and a Light Panel? They're both background objects, both use the same recipe, sprite, and put out the same amount of light, the two seem kinda redundant.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  9. Sparrows

Sparrows Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm honestly not sure - I don't remember them doing it when I played before. And regarding the Block/Panel thing - I asked that back on Saturday and nobody gave an answer. I'm not sure there's a way to smoothly consolidate the two, given that people are probably using them interchangeably... the only difference is that the Panels are used for making the Aerogel Light Panels, while the Blocks aren't used for anything beyond lighting.

10. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

IIRC, the BLocks were supposed to function as just that: Blocks that you can walk on and bump into.

11. leinglo

But then the solid light blocks ended up taking that function.

12. YoshioGamer

YoshioGamer Pangalactic Porcupine

Hello there um, the now sound for hurt avali's is nice but i was wondering if i could have a copy of the old sound for old time sake.

13. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

The old sound was actually a vanilla sound.

14. leinglo

It's sfx\npc\smallbiped\spidermonkey_pain2.ogg in the assets. You'll have to unpack them to get at it, but that ain't terribly hard. The Unofficial Modding Ebook has instructions on how to do it.

Fevix likes this.
  15. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I have a batch file that automates the process.

16. leinglo

I made an unpacker.bat executable for it. Don't know if that's the same as yours or not but it does the same thing I suppose. I just have to edit it the with address of whatever I want to unpack and the destination.

17. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Personally I just set up a folder with the unpacker and a a command in a .txt already ready to unpack a file named contents.pak to a specific area so I can just paste in the command ultra fast after renaming the .pak.
    Also protip you can use shift right click in a folder and it gives you an option to open cmd.exe there.

18. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Nah... not exactly. The Second Life stuff is not my creation, I've had no part in making that, in fact I objected to some of the creators aesthetic choices (Such as making some of the art deliberately cell shaded/pixelated like Starbound) the one time I spoke to him, but he didn't seem to appreciate the input. The Stellaris mod has pretty much run aground after coming across technical issues with the exporter software and the devs weren't interested in helping me resolve them after patiently waiting over a month for support.

What hasn't run aground is the Starbound mod.

I've given Starbound some time to prove itself now it's 1.0 and, it's actually matured pretty well. While it wasn't the game I expected, it's not a bad game either and the mod to my surprise has actually retained a decent size and active community all the way through to launch (Something I was certain would dwindle, especially given Starbound over a year ago; having gone 6 months with no updates, looked like it might fail completely). I can't help feel it'd be something of a diservice to that community to then leave them hanging in the wind with an unfinished mod.

My plans moving forward are as follows:

• The triage mod should continue as it has done for now, and a big thanks to everyone who kept it playable all this time that was a lot of work I'm sure with all the various iterations to the core engine Starbound's gone through in that timeframe.
    • The official mod will be a new from-scratch line of development rather than a branch of the triage mod, using the original Avali asset library. The official mod is likely to have many new features, but also streamline and cut away some of the clutter of the old mod that emerged as a need to maintain parity in older builds, but never really fitted canon, this will likely take some time to finish.
    • In the long run I forsee the triage branch been broken down into a legacy mod that contains content that is cut from the official mod, since it's inevitable that some people won't be happy to see certain props/tiles/weapons removed and would like them added back in.
    • Avali mod-mods will still be supported, for example the alternative Avali spacecraft mod (Which BTW, is a really awesome mod)

...now cue a bazillion questions :p

leinglo, Shaadaris, Comito and 7 others like this.
  19. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Ryuujin! How many avali does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Lodish likes this.
  20. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

One, they're very efficient but not very funny.

I kid... please don't take that as canon!