1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali (Triage) 1.11.0

Return of the most adorable predators this side of the universe rift

1. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

That's because that particular change was actually /removing the weapons/ that existed before and replacing them with a new version that saves on filesize a bit.
    I've actually figured out a way to do the same to the melee weapons, but this time around I'll be changing the old weapons into simple dummy items (LIke Marxon tried to tell me to do for the guns but it blew right by me) that only exist for the purpose of being crafted into the new system (Recipe will take only this item and give you the new version). (The new system will be functionally identical, but make it much easier for us to rebalance things later on.)
    I'm also contemplating doing the same to armor, but I'm not entirely sure how recipes could require an item with specific data.

2. jaymee_murder

jaymee_murder Subatomic Cosmonaut

I really like these, i dont think they should completely replace the guns that are in the mod now, but i think these are good and i think the shotgun would be a good replacement, cos i think the shotgun thats in the mod now is easily the worst looking sprite out of all the guns

3. jaymee_murder

Are you changing the look of the melee weapons? cos i think they look great as they are tbh

4. hypergen8

hypergen8 Guest

As TheGullofdoom said, the current shotgun looks like paper mache,
    It would be nice to have a new texture for it.

5. leinglo

leinglo Phantasmal Quasar

The only guns I'd like to outright replace would the AAaA weapons and the shotgun (which originated with AAaA, and it is being replaced). I hate to say it because Ice and Quilavabom did such great work with Augments and it was an essential mod while it was functional, but, the addon weapon sprites just...don't really fit with the style of the stock Avali weapons.

6. jaymee_murder

I've not tried the AAaA mod, will it be added to steam when it's updated?

7. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

None taken, man; I'm not that great of a spriter \=w=

8. leinglo

Neither am I, to be perfectly honest. I can make cool things by working with existing material, but making something from scratch? Well. Not so much. I guess you could say I can make a castle, but I can't make the bricks.

9. Royal-Tiger

Royal-Tiger Void-Bound Voyager

I love this mod as far as I can play with it, but I'm having a little trouble with my ship. I can't open the door to my cockpit at all. I'm wondering if there's something I'm supposed to do to get it open or what...

10. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Have you completed the Erichius Mining mission?

11. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Are you familiar with progression of the base game as of 1.0?

Can you confirm that this js nkt just normal game play?

12. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

With 1.0, they changed the cockpit door to actually open even when the ship is damaged. There is no reason for it not to functional seeing as the fuel hatch and captain's chair are busted either way.
    Of course, you guys seem to have failed to make that same change in the avali mod.

13. Royal-Tiger

Royal-Tiger Void-Bound Voyager

Okay, nvm. Sorry about that, I started a game and thought it was a glitch or something cause it didn't do it with any other race, but just did the Erichius Mining mission and it opened. >.>

14. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Not normal gameplay, no, but also trivial, because it's only preventing access to stations you don't even need at that point in the game.

15. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
    Come this Friday, a hotfix will be released that affects your shipworlds (Unless you already have a Tier 8 (Maximum size) ship)
    This fix is necessary to allow SAIL to go through his little speech, and unfortunately the way I had to do it will make your tech station vanish when you upgrade (This issue does not affect newly created shipworlds (Either via new character or deletion of the .shipworld file)
    DO NOT FRET. There is an easy fix:

Once you've upgraded your ship and your SAIL has vanished, use these commands:
    /admin
    /spawnitem avalitechstation
    /admin
    Once done, place the tech station back where it was.(It will persist through upgrades just like every other object you place on the ship) (Of course, nothing is preventing you from placing it wherever you like.)

16. leinglo

What was wrong, and how did you fix it? I'm genuinely interested, I hunted all over in the assets for anything that might effect the AI or tech station, and I never could find the actual cause of the problem. Updating the tech station .object file to match that of the vanilla races certainly didn't fix it. Not for me at least.

17. Toff1985

Toff1985 Poptop Tamer

How do I make the Tungsten Block I need for the Avali cooker (and a lot of other stuff)?
    I'm playing with FU, FR and the Avali mod installed. The closest I found was a Tungsten Block in the Matter Assembler, but that's not the one.

18. jaymee_murder

So is this not a problem for ppl who have got to tier 8?

19. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

1 tungsten bar at the industrial workbench.
    If you need more information about the tungsten block, use this link: http://starbounder.org/Tungsten_Block

20. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

You can also learn recipes either by scanning or picking up items.