1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED ZZ Mech Modifications 1.45

An expansion to XS Mechs!

1. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

2. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Gonna give this a try later, but felt like copypasting the idea/suggestion I had for a Pirate Rho augment whenever you feel like working on it again.

The idea is basically an elemental Pirate Rho, the idea being either that it's just using a new element for it's bullets (and still has access to all it's features) or perhaps turning it into a two-gun variant with similar attributes as the Adaptive Crossbow, able to cycle between elemental types, but losing it's gravity beam arm.

3. Icpmcp

Icpmcp Void-Bound Voyager

Is it just me or does the download button redirect others to the code of the file too ?

4. Railgunner2160

Railgunner2160 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It does, just use save link as instead. It'll give you the .pak file.

@ZimaZang: I've been having issues trying to repair vehicles since I installed the mod, Something to look into?

5. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

I'll upload the mod to the site rather than use dropbox, should fix the issue.

Hmmm, not sure whats causing that but I'll definitely look into it. Is it the new mechs or all mechs that can't be repaired?

6. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

I saw your comment on the steam workshop and I really like the idea of exchanging the grav beam for a element cycling feature. Sounds awesome and I'll definitely give it a try!

7. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

8. Gratuitous Lurking

Sorry for the copypaste of the idea over here, I figured it'd be hard to see over on Steam ^^;

Grinded out some pixels and enjoying the new mecha, really like the custom designed ones, specially Siege Sigma's little warmup cause of it's old-fashion design.

9. Railgunner2160

It seems to be ALL vehicles, hoverbikes, XS mechs, Your mechs, the explorer pods. I got the menu to appear once after I installed your mod, but it only appeared after the game hung for about 30 secs & I had to purchase a new mech. It's appearing sporadically but It's really annoying not to be able to repair when I need to...

The few times I got your mechs to appear in the repair list after I repaired yours the bar indicating it's health still didn't reappear. The mechs are working as intended though.....

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  10. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Anyone else with the mod, can you confirm this? I didn't get any issues like this myself so I'm not 100% sure what the cause might be. Make sure XS Mechs is updated to the latest version, and could you provide a list of which mods you've got installed?

11. Railgunner2160

That would be a rather long list for EVERY mod, However I can pretty easily list the ones that affect Vehicles. Explorer Pods, UT-47, XS Mech, ZZ Mech Variants, Switch Fighter, Submarine, Dozers.

Edit: And the Avali Mod, it adds a avali colored hoverbike.

12. Gratuitous Lurking

Felins has the Catvette variants as well.

13. Railgunner2160

Good thing I'm not using Felins then. That was the list of mods I was using that affect Vehicles, not a listing of every mod affecting vehicles....

Edit: The Repair menu appears to be functioning properly now, Possibly a one time glitch? It was the first time I had gone to the repair station after installing, Several restarts seems to have fixed the issue for now. Initialization glitch with the mod? First time I've had that kind of error in the year and a half I've been modding starbound if that was indeed the case....

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  14. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Seems odd but I'm glad it's resolved itself. It may have been a conflict with another mod but there shouldn't be any as far as I know.

15. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

16. Gratuitous Lurking

It says outdated, but it's been updated recently. If all else fails, use the Steam Workshop version of XS and ZZ

17. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

hmm...with other mdoifications, how about a mechanical dragon version of the laser one?
    it can shoot fire for the laser, and those phoenix throwing weapons for the right click?
    when unmounted its eyes dim?

18. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

While dragon wasn't on the list, a flamethrower variant of the ronin rho is planned. A dragon would make a pretty sweet theme though!

jonathonspy likes this.
  19. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Sneak peak at the WIP Tau mech: http://i.imgur.com/mAR0RyB.jpg

It's going to be unlocked through a series of quests where you retrieve parts for ZZ to build his own prototype mech. The primary gun is a rotating tank shot, secondary is a barrage of homing missiles. might add the F key as a massive chest mounted laser, not sure yet.

EDIT: Feedback is appreciated!

20. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal