1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Colony Planet Lost How do I find

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Plokman, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Plokman

Plokman Void-Bound Voyager

First of all I hope this is the right place to post this. Now onto my problem I was terraforming a barren planet and did something stupid. I had placed a Race Flag down on the planet but I broke it when placing down some dirt and then I warp back to my ship and tried to get back but well the Flag was gone and the teleport failed.

I put a lot of time into placing down what I had and I can't afford to restart it. Is there anyway to easily find the quards to get back to it? I know the log can help but I don't know how to read it.

Thank you for the time.

2. Ispano

Ispano Phantasmal Quasar

Universe folder, sort by date.

Plokman likes this.
  3. TheDerpySupport

TheDerpySupport Subatomic Cosmonaut

Go into your logs folder and find the log for your time and then look for celestialWorld and you can use the /warp command (/help warp for more information) and you should be able to warp directly to the planet

Plokman likes this.
  4. Plokman

I had a idea that was how. Now how do I figure the XY numbers for the planet from the file name. Ex: 640812121_-85069989_82085507_5 What numbers are the X and which are the Y?

5. Ispano

Ispano Phantasmal Quasar

First two. The third is actually a Z axis iirc, but that's not really needed.

Plokman likes this.
  6. Plokman

Great advice. Too bad my power went out and wiped the secession. Now it's not got anything earlier than 7:00 on it. Pitty but next time it'll be useful thank you very much.
    A Z axis in a 2D world. Well thats interesting. Thanks very much now I just got to warp around space till I find it. I'll let you know if I do.

7. TheNewTeddy

TheNewTeddy Astral Cartographer

Semi-unrelated, but if the first axis is X, and the second is Y, and the third is Z .... what's the 4th number for?

8. Ispano

Ispano Phantasmal Quasar

939789343_-877633067_-239412982_7_1

As an example X_Y_Z_Has Something to do with which orbit the planet is in_Body in that Orbit, if more than one(Like having Moons)

9. Plokman

Finally found the place again. Thanks again for the help. I used a combo of the tips put in the Quards and warped.

TheDerpySupport likes this.
  10. FurryGrenade11

FurryGrenade11 Space Hobo

where can i find this universefolder?

11. TheDerpySupport

TheDerpySupport Subatomic Cosmonaut

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\storage\universe

Plokman likes this.
  12. Plokman

Well Derpy gave you the full C: directory another way to get to the Starbound folders is with Steam right click it in your library and hit properties, Click the tab that says Local Files and then select Browse Local Files. Either one is a good way.