1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Unable to paint background tiles underwater

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by 409, Aug 4, 2016.

1. 409

409 Big Damn Hero

error.png

Now here's something that will drive anyone planning to make an underwater base completely insane. I was trying to do just that, until I realized I couldn't paint the background tiles... And things got even stranger when I realized I could paint some of the background tiles, but not the vast majority. I'm going to assume this has something to do with the tiles holding back the water behind them.

I'd appreciate if this was fixed soon, as I enjoy building, but... This kind of kills a great deal of versatility in building underwater. As if that wasn't hard enough.

2. FazeBlaze

FazeBlaze Tentacle Wrangler

Ok i had the same problem but the user Kulsius solved it
    you paint the background tiles by FIRST putting a block over the unpaintable tiles this happens all the time with background tiles in and out of water

Kulsius likes this.
  3. 409

409 Big Damn Hero

What I'm saying is that this is a bug and we shouldn't have to resort to a workaround in order to "fix" it, genius.

What you're suggesting would make building an aesthetically pleasing underwater base even more time consuming and tedious.

4. FazeBlaze

FazeBlaze Tentacle Wrangler

Well your just going to have to deal with it like every one else tell it gets fixed