Modding Discussion Mod Request for NPCs, specifically crews

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Caedars, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Caedars

Caedars Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not sure a better place to ask this, but I'd love a mod that gives a little more flexibility with the one's crew.

a few issues I have:
    • clicking on my follower and deactivating their follow/assist sequence
    • better weapons/gear for my follower - the npc dies waaaay too easily.
    • hairstyle and clothing. Hey, I'm vain, I admit it.
    I'd also like a little more dialogue with the followers that have 'hearts' for you. Maybe even some more interactivity with them.
    I have an Avian follower and he's like a lost puppy in love, but all I get are the hearts. I don't need anything lewd, but some type of romance would be awesome.

Thanks for the help, in advance!

2. DarkMage16

DarkMage16 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah I would love romance, but like Stardew valley where for everyone the characters are the same

3. Stormchild

Stormchild Master Chief

There is a mod that at least buffs them a bit and also makes their roles more distinct related to their gear, on the Steam workshop.

A bigger overhaul of the crew, would be a grand thing indeed. I'm tihnking : better AI (possibly with a random factor for each NPC you recruit, as well as depending on their job or gear), more customizations for tailors (possibility to select which crew member to update the outfit with), and more options and info from the SAIL computer about the crew, including things like maybe managing their gear (for example the tier level of protection they have, and upgrading it with iron/tungsten/titanium etc...)... Discussions with them is another idea as well indeed.

Maybe not asking a skyrim/mass effect level of conversations or romance options, but that would definitely allow to make something interesting, especially if coupled to colonies. Be king and queen of you own little planet one day ? :)

Snow209 likes this.