The Penguin Games 2 [GAME OVER]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Alkanthe, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Apathy Applied

Apathy Applied Ketchup Robot

Because I can be.

Alkanthe and 611 like this.
  2. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

Who cares the universe is READY!!!

611 and Alkanthe like this.
  3. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Arra and HunterC1998 like this.
  4. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

ready

611 and Alkanthe like this.
  5. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well, there's the thoughtful one, now where's shades?

Alkanthe likes this.
  6. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I think the icon fits you. Do you think it fits you?

Apathy Applied likes this.
  7. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Mocking. The only thing that fits Zeskorion's profile picture would be some sort of creature of pure hatred and darkness.

Apathy Applied and Alkanthe like this.
  8. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

So, a Penguin?

Apathy Applied and zeskorion like this.
  9. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Contemplative. That is an excellent option.

10. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

sometimes
    look, i may have a dark side, but i am not just one side

Arra, Apathy Applied and Alkanthe like this.
  11. Dras

Dras Void-Bound Voyager

Freshest bird in town

HunterC1998, Zebe and Alkanthe like this.
  12. SpaceMonkeyRingo

SpaceMonkeyRingo Big Damn Hero

Ready, folks
    I'm not gonna talk in purple his time because of the picture k?
    --- Post updated ---

Apathy Applied and Zebe like this.
  13. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

That's seven. One more?! What the heck

14. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Extremely adorable. And extremely ready.

Arra and Alkanthe like this.
  15. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

You've all been invited to attend a banquet in an out-of-the-way stellar system, and for some reason or other, have accepted the invitation. Perhaps it's because you know Cricket, the civilized Floran who sent the invitation. Perhaps you thought it would be an adventure. Perhaps you know who Cricket associates with, and have come here to stop them once and for all...
    But in any case, you're here now. The Glitch-inspired dining room is smaller than in a Glitch castle, but hardly less impressive. In the middle of one wall is a fireplace, filled with a roaring fire, and in the center of the room stands a long table covered in a sumptuous array of foods.

A small Floran hungrily tears into a roast chicken, while the young Hylotl eyes them nervously, yet still manages to eat with the precise grace characteristic of their race. A teal-colored Glitch converses with a tall, commanding Apex in between bites. Another Floran, this one covered in tribal markings, casually surveys the room, cutting up their food and eating without even looking down at their plate. The blonde Human sitting next to them is awed. The Novakid doesn't seem to know which fork to use, and leans over to ask the Avian beside them. The Avian doesn't know either, so the Novakid just shrugs and starts eating with their hands. A short and rather heavy Glitch takes a second helping of stuffed automatoes. The small Human and the short Apex, on the other hand, don't seem to be very hungry. They exchange glances every so often, but mostly stare at the double doors at the far end of the room. Where is Cricket? they wonder. So do most everyone else, but these two wonder most anxiously.

Finally, the question is answered. The large wooden doors swing open, and in walks a tall, reed-thin figure, made imposing by the three armored guards behind them.

Sketch295175712.png

"Welcome, friends... and enemies." The Floran's voice has only the slightest hint of a hiss. "You may have an idea of why I've gathered you here-"
    "Actually, I don't know at all!" the Novakid interjects. The Hylotl snickers quietly at this interruption.

"...or you may not. Whatever the case may be, I will tell you now, straight out. You are here to play a game."

"Oh, no..." someone mutters.

"Yes, that game. The game my dear friend Berrybane refers to as The Penguin Games. I see you've heard of it? Perhaps from that Apex Berrybane allowed to escape?" Cricket smiles darkly. "Oh yes, and that brings me to my announcement: Three of you - yes, the people gathered in this room - are Penguins. Only three. But due to the specific combinations of people I've chosen, it may not be a simple matter to figure out who they are. You may find your new acquaintances helpful. Or you may find them traitors. Good luck." With that, Cricket stands up and turns to leave.

A knife, thrown from the table, barely misses the Floran's head.

"How rude." They turn back around and fold their arms. "Killing me will not change the task you have to perform. In fact, it will make it more difficult for you, as Berrybane will have to take over for me. And Berrybane, you know, shows far less mercy than I." This time, the Floran is allowed to leave unmolested. The air in the room has drastically changed. Even those who were talking and eating freely before suddenly find themselves without an appetite. The small Floran is the only one who seems unconcerned, having finished their portion of meat and moved on to eating the garnish.

The second Penguin Games has begun.

Day 1 Ends
    Thursday, August 4
    1:00 PM EST

6 votes to majority.
    Not Voting
    - Zebe, HunterC1998, Apathy Applied, CjBeats, 611, zeskorion, Dras, SpaceMonkeyRingo, The Squid, Dragonclaw, Arra
    No other votes.

@Zebe @HunterC1998 @Apathy Applied @CjBeats @611 @zeskorion @Dras @SpaceMonkeyRingo @The Squid @Dragonclaw @Arra

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    The Squid, Zebe and Apathy Applied like this.
  16. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

this is why you use bullets, not knives

17. Apathy Applied

Statement: We don't seem to have any new comers here so we should be able to notice tells.
    Affirming: Be sure to pay close attention this first day.

Zebe likes this.
  18. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

No new playerss, so I can't welcome anyone with a vote this time. So maybe I'll greet someone...
    Vote: HunterC1998
    Last time wass fun, eh?

Alsso, here's an idea: Post your character names as status updates.

19. Apathy Applied

Agreeing: That sounds like a great idea.
    Statement: I love that everyone has a profile picture for this, it'll certainly feel more immersive.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    Zebe likes this.
  20. Dras

Dras Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah good job alkane, feels like a lot of effort went into this.

Cawwww

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016