Abigail's real hair color?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JenesisDark, Apr 24, 2016.

1. JenesisDark

JenesisDark Space Hobo

I was talking to Caroline (4 hearts, she was talking with Jodi) and she made a comment that she wishes Abigail would change her hair color back to her "Natural chestnut brown". Does this mean she is Pierre's daughter and not the Wizards? Would Jas be his daughter?

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Not neccesarily. Caroline mentions that the chestnut color comes from her Grandmother, which means that it just skipped some generations to manifest in Abigail. It could be assumed that the purple hair is either recessive or the result of magical training, and there's also the fact that Abigail doesn't dye her hair anymore, yet it stays purple.

So basically knowing what color hair Abigail was born with doesn't help settle the dispute at all.

• Wildroses

Wildroses Void-Bound Voyager

My headcanon is Abigail was born with chestnut brown hair, but because she is actually the wizard's daughter she has some innate magical ability which she has managed to use to keep her hair purple. This process was completely unconscious on her part, and she is genuinely bewildered that it is staying purple despite no dye.

• Relenanator

Relenanator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@Ghostly Fox and Wildroses, It's more probable that Caroline is just wrong about Abigail's hair color being a recessive gean from her grandmother instead of simply coming straight from her father's genetics. Also, Jas has purple hair and she's not into the occult or magical as far as we know. Blue, purple, and green hair seem to be completely natural hair colors in this universe, so it's safer to assume that Abby simply dyed her hair from one natural color to another natural color; like a blonde going brunet, or vice versa.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I'm just amused that Caroline complains about Abby's hair being purple when her own hair is green. Where does that come from? lol

marimivo and deukahng like this.
            • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

I think it's less, 'what a weird hair colour' and more, 'gee, I wish she'd let it be natural'. As has been pointed out, strange hair colours like green, blue, and purple seem to be naturally occurring in this world (one wonders if Joja's chemical additives might have something to do with this). Caroline simply wants her daughter to have her 'natural' hair colour because it was her grandmother's shade.

Now... interesting thought is if Abigail's original decision to go purple was something subconscious from her (purported) natural father's shade. Does she have some unconscious inkling of her parentage? Perhaps as she grew up, she had magical dreams or feelings that made her think that purple was her destiny?

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

I'm just assuming her hair naturally changed from chestnut to purple as she grew up. Some hair change color with age, blonde as an example is known for doing this (my own hair included. I went from having platinum blonde to a much darker golden blonde hair when I hit puberty).

And if weird hair colors is a natural thing in the SDV universe and because there's some magic included in this whole thing, then my conclusion is that her hair simply changed from chestnut to purple. But noone noticed this natural change because she did indeed dye it to begin with.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

My own hair is pink/bright red in the game, so I'll fit right in then. lol

• Relenanator

But your hair simply changed to a darker color of the same shade. You're suggesting that Abigail's hair jumped from one color to a completely different and unrelated color because of puberty.:( I can't see this happening. :nope:

Honestly, I don't see Abigail being the wizards daughter because there are too many variables to account for to make it fit and her hair color doesn't seem to be good augment to support that theory. Jas being the Wizards daughter would make more sense, since she's the only girl in town with no parents to speak of and her purple hair is naturally accruing as far as we know.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Except that the hair colour is the /least/ of the clues CA dropped into the game. Both Pierre and Caroline have dialogue that suggests Abigail is the Wizard's daughter-- Pierre, musing about her strange behaviours and wondering if she is actually his natural daughter; Caroline mentioning about how she used to visit the Wizard's tower regularly just before she started seeing Pierre...

No, it's not conclusive, but when you take Abigail's suddenly permanent purple hair (she says the colour no longer fades even though she long stopped dying it herself) into account on top of these other bits of evidence (such as her affinity for the supernatural and seeming ability to channel spirits), it seems as if CA is strongly hinting that she's the one.

blackbishop likes this.
                      • Karalius465

Karalius465 Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah basically what Liliput said. Except I think the reason it's such an issue is that she was already with Pierre? I think she says her and Pierre had just moved to the valley together or something, but I'm unsure. Had this game for months now aha.

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

That's the magic I was talking about, her hair changing that dramatically.

And yeah, it's not only because of her hair color that people think she's the wizard's daughter. There are several other clues pointing toward her.

Yes, Caroline made secret visits to the wizard's tower early in her relationship with Pierre, before they settled down.
                          She definitely cheated on Pierre early in their relationship.

blackbishop likes this.
                          • DarkOmegaMK2

DarkOmegaMK2 Pangalactic Porcupine

Abigail's real hair color is purple, Caroline is simply lying to you.

• Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I like to hold to the theory that CA is deliberately trolling us and in reality the Wizard's child is someone else entirely. I mean, Razmodeus even mentions he has an ex wife, and there's indicators that he may be a bit older due to his redonk wizardly training. Not to mention he literally owns the device that lets you change a person's look in his basement. Considering how up in magic and being the mediator of realms and keeper of the neutral balance stuff he is, it kind of strikes me as incredibly out of character for him to suddenly be like "you know what? I'mma gonna tap that green haired lady." He'd be more the kind of guy who I could see Caroline coming up all "Help us wizard man. My husband and I want a kid." and he'd be all "kay. eat this flower on the full moon and you'll have child." all fairy tale style.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
                              • DarkOmegaMK2

DarkOmegaMK2 Pangalactic Porcupine

You know, that actually makes a lot of sense.

That's some smart thinking in action. Good theory.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
                                • Relenanator

But didn't the Wizards ex wife tun into a witch
                                  Yes! Thank you for this. There is also a line of dialog where Razmodeus outright says he might be mistaken, and this is right after the line about possibly having a daughter. Also, why would Caroline tell anyone that she used to visit the Wizard's tower and leave the player to assume an affair, if that's what she was actually doing? Wouldn't she want to keep that kind of thing quite?

Honestly, If the Wizard is in fact, right, about having a daughter, she would most likely be from his ex wife.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Occam's razor: Among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected.

blackbishop likes this.
                                    • Karalius465

Karalius465 Void-Bound Voyager

The Wizard says he has reason to believe one of the villagers is his daughter so it would be someone living in town most likely. The two most popular headcanons are Abigail and Jas, but since Shane moved there with Jas after her parents died, he saw them so I doubt it's her.