1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Notice CAN'T LAUNCH STARBOUND? Read this!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by mollygos, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

Great success *cough* I think it was meant for the half of the chucklefish forums to not be able to play the game after the release *cough*

Kingpendragon likes this.
  2. naqsha

naqsha Void-Bound Voyager

new update, things still not working for me... dxdiag says my graphics card is updated...

3. ErebusAmauro

ErebusAmauro Astral Cartographer

Installed 1.0.3
    Starting via Steam still makes the game crash with the "Illegal instruction encountered" fatal error.
    Starting from the game folder, and the game still running with a ridiculously low amount of fps.

This starts to remember me the 3 laws of thermodynamics:
    1. You cannot win.
    2. You cannot draw.
    3. You cannot give up the game.

Still can the third, but I don't wanna :S

naqsha likes this.
  4. jujux22

jujux22 Intergalactic Tourist

I have another problem with starbound my main game froze I restart my computer and when I tried to play in Starboard crashed!
    Please help me or hours of game will be lost!
    PS:I'm playing with mac OS X 10.11.1
    and
    there is no error message!!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  5. xboxxxxd

xboxxxxd Space Hobo

!FRESH NEW FIX OPEN FOR PUBLIC!
    Try this if anything else does not work!:

UNIVERSIAL RUNTIME LIBRARY'S FOR WINDOWS LINK
    And if you really keep on search for a fix, try this Reddit Page:
    REDDIT
    Just to check out for a maybe working fix.

Good luck..

EDIT: This website really breaks my browser.... The Size of these letters are totally broken lol..

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    Kingpendragon likes this.
  6. Zicronder

Zicronder Space Hobo

I'm having this error too ._.

7. Kingpendragon

Kingpendragon Big Damn Hero

Worked for me on a computer using Windows 8.1 x64, but not on one using Windows 7.

8. JakeTheSteak

JakeTheSteak Orbital Explorer

I have given up on you chuckle fish. Even though this was one of my favorite games, I guess I won't be able to play it anymore... :(

naqsha likes this.
  9. parrotboss

parrotboss Space Hobo

error message that pops up

Attached Files:

10. cyberknight135

cyberknight135 Big Damn Hero

After downloading the 1.03 update my game has been crashing primarily when I interact with the stargate or the tech station. I have been playing it on my mac and when I played it on PC it did not have the same (the only problem I have is the FPS on the PC otherwise I would play it primarily on PC).

11. xboxxxxd

xboxxxxd Space Hobo

I may start a Live Help Support IRC soon for Starbound users and other related games with Opengl/Direct3D, D3D/Software/Hardware/Execution etc problems.
    I am planning to make a massive list of 100.000's of solutions to fix games with by typing certain commands/help messages in that specific irc..

Stay tuned.

ErebusAmauro and naqsha like this.
  12. GhostFS

GhostFS Space Spelunker

I also have the problem of c++ redistribution... 2 copy on 2 different PC not working. Tested all the fix that i could finde online. Still not working.
    There isnt a way to make it work without it or I have to ask for a refound on steam?

I'm relly whant to play the 1.0 with my niece.

13. Kaslie

Kaslie Orbital Explorer

Anyone got a clue what to make of this? trying to help a friend out

Update
    I've found a Semi-Fix. You need to close steam, then open it from the files. Make sure that steam is entirely shut. You can atleast get in this way.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  14. ErebusAmauro

ErebusAmauro Astral Cartographer

Detected from the 1.0 and still no solution. I have the same issue.

15. demonsamura

demonsamura Master Chief

F*CKING FIX YOUR GAME!!!

krab421 and Caelorum like this.
  16. Caelorum

Caelorum Subatomic Cosmonaut

Our "old" computers worked fine before they just decided to ditch Directx and move to OpenGL 2.0.

ErebusAmauro and naqsha like this.
  17. RagnaWolf999

RagnaWolf999 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Dude i know you've got a right to be ticked off but calm down a peg you sound like you have a case of CoD Mouth
    that's Call of Duty Mouth for short

ErebusAmauro likes this.
  18. tatswaru

tatswaru Phantasmal Quasar

I honestly don't know what happened to mine... Was working fine this morning... Now it doesn't do anything when I try to open it. So I tried what the Dev said andreinstalled.. And it didn't work. I am using the linux and GoG version of Starbound.

19. tweedyjm

tweedyjm Void-Bound Voyager

Is there a way to autoupdate or update within the game itself? Or will I have to download the new version every single time from humble/gog? If I have to download it every single time, do I just unzip/unpack to the starbound folder or am I going erase my progress every time there is a patch?

for mac/linux will I have to chmod x+ the starbound.sh every patch because of the weird zipping/packing that strips that permission?

would I be able to use the linux server install guide to update my client side files? the login to steam via terminal run the:

Code:
    ./steamcmd.sh +login <username> <password> +force_install_dir <starbound server directory> +app_update 211820 validate +quit

and update say a drm-free linux/mac client this way?

20. demonsamura

demonsamura Master Chief

Going 9 days without so much as a post to say they are looking into these issues? They deserve my ire at this point.