1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ruin Final Battle OST

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Rangerofstar, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Rangerofstar

Rangerofstar Void-Bound Voyager

I love the music that be used in the Ruin Battle scene and I tried search in ost folder that I purchased along with the game ,but I found nothing even searching on search engine cannot tell me any clues of it or the title's music so I need some help from this post for more information or clues. If you know some information please reply this post. thank you

2. stealthXG

stealthXG Pangalactic Porcupine

The music for The Ruin is called Crystal Battle 1, the music for The Ruin boss is called Forest Battle 2.

3. Arjisaj

Arjisaj Void-Bound Voyager

I don't have Forest Battle 2 in my OST folder...

4. TTStooge

TTStooge Big Damn Hero

Either you're not looking hard enough or it got renamed.

5. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

Nah, it's just that the OST albums actually lack a lot of tracks.

6. Arjisaj

Arjisaj Void-Bound Voyager

Listened to all the tracks I have, but the song is not there. Seems it's just missing. :<

7. Snappyr

Snappyr Big Damn Hero

I have it in my Experimental Tracks folder. Do you not have this?

8. Subscriber01236

Subscriber01236 Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe it depends where you got the OST from?
    I own the soundtrack from Steam and Forest Battle isn't in there anywhere.

9. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

The newer official OST doesn't have an experimental folder, and deleted many tracks that were in it previously.
    Some of these were eventually used in the game, and now we have a Complete OST minus the "complete".

To be more specific, the second phase of the Ruin is a variant of Forest Battle 2.
    The original (not used in final game):

The variant (notice around the 0:24 mark a high-pitched synth that was absent in the original begins):

Subscriber01236 likes this.
  10. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

You mean the high-pitched synth does actually appear during the battle? Huh

11. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

I'm pretty sure, anyway. It was a bit hard to hear over the ambient noises of battle, but I do know that's the "newer" version and that would logically mean it's the version used.
    Update: I've unpacked the assets and checked. The one in the game files is in fact the variant with the synth.