1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Ixodoom fight/Floran Hunt

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Jalombi, Jul 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jalombi

Jalombi Industrial Terraformer

Geez, talk about underwhelming. I was excited because Dreadwing has so far been kicking my butt, but this fight was a yawn and a half, had the help of the npc, and to top it off, boss literally just walks up and down out of range of doing anything, then spawns some weak mobs near the end - definitely needs work. The path there was pretty lackluster too.

2. Tiakatt

Tiakatt Tentacle Wrangler

Ixodoom can be completed very early and with rather weak armor, as she's an early storyline mission. Meanwhile you need fairly high end stuff for Dreadwing, even though you likely gained access to Dreadwing first. So if you've been gearing up to try to beat Dreadwing, you probably overgear the Floran Hunt. The progression there can seem a little weird, yeah. I actually stopped for a while to build after the Floran Hunt, but kept exploring (to find stuff to build with) and upgrading stuff. So I'm looking at outgearing future storyline missions, too.

I suppose I could equip my old gear for them if I really wanted to.

Aurakiel, Zinerith and pop-yotheweird like this.
  3. Zinerith

Zinerith Cosmic Narwhal

Dang son, didn't anyone ever tell you that the florans hunt naked? That's what the hunt is about!

4. Jalombi

Jalombi Industrial Terraformer

Oh yeah, and additionally using the flamethrower on him yielded this really awful graphic bug where he was periodically just a black square.

I get that I was overgeared..but I literally wasn't even getting hit by him, so I actually could have been naked and using a 1 dmg knife or something, and likely would have eventually won anyway

Zinerith likes this.
  5. Zinerith

Zinerith Cosmic Narwhal

That isss the real thrill of the hunt!

6. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

woudln't crouch with my naked dinglywingly through those bushes, sound slike it would hurt, It's not like we are flroans made of thick nearly wooden skin.

7. Zinerith

Zinerith Cosmic Narwhal

8. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

Ixodoom has always been a pretty simple fight.
    If anything wait for the Apex Boss. I found him to be the most challenging out of all of them. I imagine it'd be a lot easier if I'd had a shield at the time or maybe upgraded to the final armor tier early, but sheesh. Took me like 4 tries.

Zinerith likes this.
  9. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

10. Zinerith

Zinerith Cosmic Narwhal

[​IMG]

11. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

your supposed to fight ixodoom BEFORE? dreadwing...
    I beat dreadwing with iron armor, and a spear with blade whirl, and no guns, and a shield and about 200 salve
    explains why it was so hard...

Zinerith likes this.