1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Hosting, attempted to join but got mismatch error??

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Syfe_Fireshard, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Syfe_Fireshard

Syfe_Fireshard Pangalactic Porcupine

Im joining my OWN dedicated server, yes i have my ports forwarded, and yes everything else is set up like i normally would. but whats up with this mismatch?? doesnt the server run off my mods anymore? (note: im not using any workshop content, only stuff from this site, including a few of mine (DONT BUG ME FOR THE ARMOR, IM GETTIN THERE XP ))

2. bearffalo

bearffalo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Same issue here, cant connect to friends and the otherway around just the mismatch error message.

3. Syfe_Fireshard

ive found that enabling the override fixes it, but it feels like i shouldnt have to..

4. BallC

BallC Space Hobo

I had the same problem but now have been able to connect fine without the "override" checkbox. Check the starbound log files on both the client and the server and make sure the "asset hash" is the same on both. You may have to edit the sbinit.config on the server to force it to load the mods in the same order as the clients until Chucklefish fixes this issue.

See: https://www.reddit.com/r/starboundb.../modded_dedicated_server_asset_mismatch_with/

Dunto likes this.
  5. Syfe_Fireshard

thanks ill look into it.
    --- Post updated ---
    ive looked at that link, thats for people with Workshop content, ive yet to ever use any, so sadly that cant apply to me. im not sure why its not working.

6. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Please post a copy of your starbound.log and starbound_server.log (use the spoiler tags).

7. Syfe_Fireshard

I'll have to do it next time i host, as the log had conversations in it, but ill make sure to