1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Kemono Race Mod 1.5

New race and over 50 hairstayles.

1. Liavain_Axon

Liavain_Axon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Has someone fired off a mail to Odabutsu and ask if someone could continue the mod to keep it up to date? It can be feature locked and just be for compatibility sake.
    With Starbound now officially released, things shouldn't change much, so keeping it updated may be easier than before.
    Just a thought!

2. Fauxglove

Fauxglove Subatomic Cosmonaut

This was one of my favorite species mods, I really hope someone updates it for 1.0!

3. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Same, this is my favourite race and would love to see it in 1.0 c: but ODABUTSU has not been around has he?

4. Liavain_Axon

Liavain_Axon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Unfortunately I'm a complete noob when it comes to Mods, or I'd try to help. :/

5. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I imagine it requires a lot of rewriting, they changed a lot of stuff on how mods are implemented too. Hrrm... I dont think it should be too difficult to adapt it to a "bare bones" working version at least until ODABUTSU makes a return

6. HuskyStrylight

HuskyStrylight Big Damn Hero

Updating a mod just requires some switches of codex and removal of conflicting codex with the game.

7. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

but didnt they change a lot of how the mod is supposed to be read by the game? and thats why a lot of mods are still getting updated? if it was as simple as getting rid of conflicting codexes I think we should be seeing more mods updated, rather than more new mods being uploaded.

edit: oh yeah I managed to err... modify assets and get this mod race "working" ... in other words I just grabbed someone elses custom race and changed assets to use these instead.

8. HuskyStrylight

Well the reading part did change, to a small degree, mostly to certain mods, due to conflicting codex, however some mods that are old can still be read and work perfectly fine, only the codex have to be improved.
    This goes to saying, all race mods need to update for 1.0 due to the codex.

9. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

SO if I figure out how to fix the codex, I could update this race for 1.0? (given the author has not returned, and thus would be taken down at their return)

10. HuskyStrylight

Yes, it would most likely be the change of character import to the system or item for the race that cannot be access in the new version. Though i do believe you need the author permission no matter the circumstances to update the mod.

I have figure out the reason for its incompatibilities, i will release all race mod that have not been updated soon.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  11. Dragon_Tom005

Dragon_Tom005 Existential Complex

There seems to be an issue with the very start. as soon a i get close to finding the gate to the outpost, I get teleported immediately back to my ship.

12. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Wait, are you actually running this custom race? it has not been updated since about 2 builds ago, I strongly suggest not proceeding further.

13. Dragon_Tom005

it's in the steam workshop, too. I figured that the kemono race mod was updated from here. and if so, it would be the csource of conversation from th person who posted it on steam workshop.

14. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Ahh... I hate the workshop so I rarely visit... perhaps its a bare-bones fix? so people can do a bit of playing while the person that fixed the mod can squash bugs and get everything in proper order. I imagine

edit: I just took a look at the upload... how disrespectful saying that the author has "abandoned the project" while Odabutsu has been inactive, it does not mean that he has abandoned it until he says so himself.

15. Dragon_Tom005

Well... some ppl are going to assume it's abandoned, and others will assume it's not. i'm just gonna try and work around it. :3

16. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I just checked it out, the author edited some sprites but I figure that was part of the fix, the Kemono had a more complex colouring scheme back in Upbeat Giraffe

17. Dragon_Tom005

Yeah i could tell because when you change between the ears, the sprite parts kind of move around slightly. such as the part where the head sprite connects to the shoulders.

18. SoulEchelon

SoulEchelon Void-Bound Voyager

Seems it got taken down on Steam as well. Anyone know what happened? I'm hoping this is a sign that ODABUTSU is back.

19. bluestorm2112

bluestorm2112 Tentacle Wrangler

Who knows, I hope it will be revived but I doubt it. It would make more sense for ODABUTSU to be active here first if there was an intention to revive the mod.

EDIT: ODABUTSU's profile indicates they were online this Wednesday so maybe...

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  20. lightfox

lightfox Void-Bound Voyager

ODABUTSU is currently working on making his mod compatible with starbound 1.0

He tweeted about it here: https://twitter.com/ODABUTSU/status/760760343555477504
    And you can see a post on his blog about it here: http://opipisama.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-226.html

He requested to the people who were maintaining his mods alife to take them down (this can be verified by checking the answers to this tweet), and they did.

Now, let's hope it won't take too long for the "official" version to be realeased!