1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Colonist NPCs

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by VoidPrison, Jul 29, 2016.

1. VoidPrison

VoidPrison Aquatic Astronaut

Just a brief gripe I have with the NPCs that move into my colonies.
    It seems they often get killed due to their lack of vigilance when it comes to closing doors.
    Monsters often simply walk into the building and wreak havoc upon my poor defenseless colonists.

I suppose I would change this by adjusting the NPCs to detect when a hostile creature is around or when they are assailed, and have them run back to their home and shut the door. (At least that's what I would do if I were a helpless colonist)

Just a thought :)

2. TheDerpySupport

TheDerpySupport Subatomic Cosmonaut

To be fair it's your job as Landlord to protect them; I'm not sure if they're in 1.0 but if they still are try building turrets around the place

3. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Hmmm... do what I am (am in the process of) doing... I built far up in the sky, on an ocean planet... calming wave sounds and the odd bird show up far above the land, and colnists dont suffer from fall damage so yeah...

4. technophebe

technophebe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I build my colonies as underground bunkers, with an entrance that's too high to jump out of without double jump, protected by a hatch. I guess "dungeon" might be a better term for that, but the colonists (prisoners?) seem happy and they're safe :D

5. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

I recommend putting guard stations at both ends of your settlement and have some spread around within your settlement as well. But yea some smarter settler AI would be good.

6. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

you can't protect stupidity a door is there for a reason.

and slapping turrets everywhere looks just crappy and is a bad workaround for the AI stupidity.

7. VoidPrison

VoidPrison Aquatic Astronaut

I'll give that a try, thanks ^_^