1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Mechanic & Engineer fuel hatch

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alphasoldier, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Alphasoldier

Alphasoldier Phantasmal Quasar

So I've had a mechanic for a while who was steadily increasing my fuel capacity, I think the last time I checked it was around 3000. An hour or two later I got an engineer on my ship. Not sure what the engineer did, I googled it and stumble on an old thread that made me immediately checked my fuel, which had reset to 1100 and the HUD glitched out.
    [​IMG]
    I'm guessing there's more than 1100 fuel in there, because there was, but I'm more upset about the capacity being reset.

Fix please.

Crise likes this.
  2. Crise

Crise Subatomic Cosmonaut

This was an issue in unstable too, although... it only manifested in the navigation window there not the fuel hatch.

The interesting thing is, on unstable if you had too much fuel in the tank there used to be a tiny recycle button at the right edge of the fuel hatch UI that you could use to remove excess fuel and thus fix the glitched navigation window... guess they removed this for release without fixing the issue with the mechanic. :( so right now there doesn't even seem to be a bandaid to fix this like there used to.

3. Alphasoldier

It just happened again. This time it was right after upgrading my ship. I'm not sure if that was the trigger last time as well. I hope this can be fixed soon, it's getting pretty annoying, haha.

4. ViciousVinnyD

ViciousVinnyD Big Damn Hero

>removed this for release without fixing the issue
    nice.

Luckily the fuel stays in the tank as long as you don't add any more, so you can't really loose fuel to this.

5. sagenth

sagenth Pangalactic Porcupine

Is this on 1.0.2? I have a preceding issue to this, I don't get the upgrades my mechanics tell me about. Fuel capacity remains at 1000.

6. Dignity

Dignity Void-Bound Voyager

This happened to me too. It looks like the glitched HUD arises when your fuel capacity gets reset to 1000 while you have more than 1000 fuel in there, thus giving you more fuel than the ship can actually hold. I'm guessing the screwed up HUD to the right of the fuel bar is due to the game attempting to render the bar outside of the fuel tank GUI.

Fortunately, if you're bothered that much by the HUD glitching, here's a quick workaround -- just cram a single piece of Erchius fuel in there and hit "Fuel", and it'll reset to whatever the cap is. It does cause you to lose the extra fuel, but it's not that hard to just go out and get some more...

7. Alphasoldier

I would sooner be bothered by the amount of fuel I just wasted, despite being able to get more easily, I suppose it's the idea of wasting resources? Always hated that. I'd rather have this issue fixed though. Preferably in a reasonable manner of the fuel hatch not resetting.
    --- Post updated ---
    Thanks for the fix Devs, I hope that was the last reset. I also hope that people who didn't have this before won't be too upset at this happening (hopefully just) one final time.

EDIT: Loving the double post merging functionality, wish more forums had that.