Most mindblowing end of a game?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Lil' Mini, May 14, 2016.

1. Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

Or it could just be an end sequence that you didn't expect.

For example, the ending of Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith (I don't know how to make a spoiler tab, so you can just stop reading now if you want to play the game yourself) was not quite what I expected. I know that my brother had fought like crazy against the final boss, Kyle Katarn, for at most 2 hours, a 2 freakin' long hour battle (It was epic as fudge though) yet he still couldn't best Kyle, he gave up and let me play while he went away to do something else. So I started fighting myself, tried out different things but it would just not work, so when I had given up I just switched to the fists and stood there, waiting for Kyle to make a move on me, and what do you know, an ending sequence popped up, Kyle couldn't kill me in cold blood because the character I was playing was his former apprentice and I had won. I HAD FINALLY BESTED SOMEONE BY BEING MERCIFUL. You wouldn't believe the look on my brothers face when I told him that I had won on the short time of 31 mins that I had spent against Kyle.

So now, back to my question, what was the most unexpected ending that you have ever encountered?

LOL BALL likes this.
  2. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

Code:
    [spoiler]text here[/spoiler]
    How to use spoiler tags for future reference.

Spoiler for Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2
    Digital Devil Saga 1 was just a virtual world the whole time to test out AI in a war zone environment though you don't learn that til the 2nd game, to you the world pretty much just exploded and everybody just died. On Digital Devil Saga 2 everybody enter the real world and at the end of that game literally everybody do die. Your party (now dead and ghost-like) enter the sun to find a giant dungeon (easily take up 1/3rd of the game by itself) to fight God himself. JRPGs man, they can get weird.

Lil' Mini likes this.
  3. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

lol i remember that fight. It got me mad so i decided "i'm just gonna spam field drain (life drain 2.0)" because those floating light saber was annoying.

But mine would probably be the game "soul nomad" well both and ending and mid part.
    Mid part: your killing a monster called world eater and after you kill it. Your team figure out its your sword lover/crush. When i seen this scene i felt crying and didn't want to touch the game.
    End part: since your character look unique compared to everyone else,you then go to a different dimension where "guess what" a whole planet of your character same look same clothes different gender. This scene made me laugh on how trying to comprehend on what is happening.

But in all wells the game is fun to play and haves a lots of random jokes scenes. I would recomend playing it if your a fan of disgaia games.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
    Lil' Mini likes this.
  4. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

Soul Nomad is indeed fun. Ever did the demon path though? Basically allow you to Genocide the whole world within the game.
    Also Penn will quickly join you and during the whole time will be enjoying everything you are doing. You won't be able to see him the same way ever again.

5. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

i never tried the genocide version.

6. Falcon Blue-Sky

Falcon Blue-Sky Void-Bound Voyager

I have to say its Earthbound for me.
    In Earthbound you need to travel in a time machine to stop an evil monster but only not organic material can travel the machine. Ness and co. travel through time in the form of robots (that their souls were converted into) and defeat the monster. They have no hope of going back to their time and are stuck there forever.

I hate this ending,
    Falcon

Vinill likes this.
  7. Kunzhiko

Kunzhiko Void-Bound Voyager

the impossible game

8. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Most mind blowing ending hrm? I have to say the Child of a Great one ending for Bloodborne.

9. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

I must say that my favorite game ending is Final Fantasy Legend (the first one)
    I honestly don't think anyone will play this game nowadays, but I'll put spoilers anyway.
    FFL is set in a fantasy world with a gigantic tower inside, whose legends say that the tower leads to Paradise, no less. As a RPG character, you venture into the world on order to unseal the tower.
    While climbing the tower, the players visits differents worlds in order unseal the tower's floors, and before entering each major world, the player finds a NPC with an unique sprite giving advices on what to do next.
    These worlds are ruled to different degrees by Fiends, who each controls one of the four worlds. Between these main worlds are pocket worlds with little to no plot inside, but in which NPCs will talk about what happened in other worlds as if those were legends.
    Over the course of the game, the characters will discover more and more twisted worlds, from one with pirates and passively ruled by a dragon, to one ruled by a psycho-giant-fire-bird who provoked a nuclear war and destroyed almost all civilization.
    At the end of the game however, once you beat the final boss, you are sent back to the first world, from which you have to climb the tower again. On the way up, you'll have to fight every fiend again (and even if it is not explicitely stated, the game mechanics considers them as 'undead').
    And once you are done re-climbing the tower, you finally find Paradise. Real Paradise, the actual one. In which you find... the advice-giver NPC. He greets you and reveals he is God. God. He tells you that he created the world we see in the game, and that he wanted to test humans by creating Fiends, born to rule and destroy. He congratulates you for being the first group to actually win his "game" (because countless people die during the game, but it was all a game to him) and grants you a wish, any wish you want.
    But your characters are not okay with that and fight him, and eventually win, getting rip of the real plague that threatened the world: a mad god who was having fun killing people.
    To me this is an awesome ending, considering the game had a poor localization, unpolished mechanics, and overall okay plot, until the very end where everything explodes to your faces as you learn the truth about your journey.

10. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

Terranigma. Has anyone even HEARD of Terranigma?

It's a game where you play a young man tasked with REVIVING THE WORLD. The ending is confusing, sad, and beautiful at the same time. I don't think I'll even talk about it here. I'd much prefer you go play it yourself. Find a ROM if you have to.

Just be prepared to embark on a HUUUUGE adventure.

EDIT: OH. I guess I should mention it's a Super Nintendo game. It was never released in the States, but english copies still exist because it WAS released in Europe.

11. jeisy

jeisy Space Hobo

It was mafia II...
    I just didnt wait for that end.......

12. Lava Cake

Lava Cake Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Fire Emblem: Awakening on 3DS.

Ending cutscene in both languages:

Arnust likes this.
  13. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

The ending of Dark Souls 1 ... that game was an overwhelming challenge with many dreadful moments, yet when the "story" reached its climax, it became not a tale of mighty heroism, but one of mounting sorrow, agony and desperation. Truly something I wish I could experience "for the first time" again.

Arnust and Arra like this.
  14. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

The only thing about FFL's ending was.....

The last boss is nearly impossible.... unless you use a chainsaw on him. Then you win instantly, lol

Lodish likes this.
  15. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Also, yes.
    But hey, he's God, no less. If he created the world, no wonder he can destroy your team just by raising his finger. Only a glitch in the matrix can defeat him.

16. Kaede Grimwater

Kaede Grimwater Existential Complex

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2, the Conquest(bad) ending.

17. Cyber-Toast

Cyber-Toast Big Damn Hero

I think... Metroid Fusion ending (not mindblowing but I didn't expected it)
    Warning: This end can also spoil you the end of Other M so if you're playing Other M and don't want to be spoiled, don't read.
    At the end of Fusion, Samus want to destroy the BSL station with the self-destruction system to ensure the destruction of the X, a parasite who can kill his host and take his form (they also took the form of the Samus Power Suit). But the Galactic Federation wants to study the X and make them a bio-weapon so, the computer/commander of Samus trap her in a room so she cannot go to the command post to destroy the station. Samus try to talk with the computer and if you played the game, you remeber that Samus named this computer Adam in memory of her first general? So Samus say something like "Don't you realize, Adam?
    Aaaand the word "Adam" wake up the computer who was Adam (who is dead in the bottle station during Other M) transferred in a computer. He helps Samus to destroy the station by lauching it on SR-388 and they escape.

18. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

That ending I found to be a "......okaaaaaay" ending.

Not because of the dialogue/characters, but becuase...

How do you blow up an entire planet with a space station? Okay, yes, I get it the BSL was rather large, but unless it had some kind of shielding, it would surely have mostly burnt up entering the atmosphere and it was nowhere near large enough to destroy the planet, let alone wipe all life out on it.

You can see from the various cut-scenes that said space station was NOT designed to be landed due to its shape, so why would they have given the space station any sort of protective shielding against the atmosphere (which SR-388 obviously had, because it is filled with living creatures)? That's just it: they wouldn't have.

So a good part of the station would have burnt up on entry and the rest... might have made a meteorite-sized impact, but I highly doubt it would have wiped all life out. The best-case scenario for Samus and Co. is to get something like what scientists believe happened on Earth with the K-T Boundary, which would not have wiped the X out at all; the X would have just survived by taking over life-forms capable of surviving the cold.

Cyber-Toast likes this.
  19. Cyber-Toast

Cyber-Toast Big Damn Hero

Aaaah... I didn't think about that...
    But I maybe have a theory:
    The BSL station isn't shaped for landing of course, but maybe there is a sort of energy shield or something like that.
    Maybe the shield was first created to protect the station against space pirates, because of the Ridley and spaces pirates in the station, we can easily imagine that the other pirates want to recover their general and by the way, the experiments on the metroids in the station. The shield protected the station during the atmospheric entry.
    To blow up the planet, I think the energy core of the station is enough. The core must keep the station (and the shield who might take a lot of power) runnning and in the visuals of the station we can see in the game, I didn't see any solar panels.

Obviously, the scenario have some incoherences and the major one is this one:
    At a moment in the game, the power of the station is shut down. The doors aren't working as well as the elevators ect ect ect...
    So why? Why is the gravity generator working, and why does the station have some oxygen?
    This problem and the previous one can be solved by this way: We are in a video game. Imagine if the gravity generator wasn't working, a platform game without gravity. It would be a fun challenge but a horrible gameplay. Same for the planet, sometimes the scenario needs to ignore logic to focus on more important things: Samus is (probably) now an outlaw, and that's more important that "can the station blow up a planet?"

20. Ren Fox

Ren Fox Big Damn Hero

Bastion.
    Not the dumb robot who gets all the play of the games.

HAN SOLO DIES

In Bastion there was a big event that caused everyone to die except for a select few people.
    Later in the story you learn that...
    After killing everything, and the narrator saying that after you collect all the fragments you can fix everything...
    You learn that your people weren't good. They tried to kill the main antagonists (who caused the event) in the story, before the entire story unfolded.

You have two options.
    Restore time, and lose your friendship with all the characters, (including the wonderful narrator). And forget everything that happened.
    And have history repeat itself (Maybe it's happened before? Is this the third time? 12?) and end up worse?

Or transform the Bastion, the main floating island, into a ship to let you explore...
    At the cost of all the animals, and people you killed. And let the innocent regular people die.

newcomer3 likes this.