1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Improved Turrets v1.0.0.2

No firing before aiming, no breaking apart on taking down

1. Shadowblitz16

Shadowblitz16 Pangalactic Porcupine

@BloodyRain2k why did you remove the turrets gun slot and make them hard coded damage?

2. BloodyRain2k

BloodyRain2k Pangalactic Porcupine

Complain to CF, not me. I just applied the wall mounting changes to the vanilla turrets and that's vanilla now.

3. hottheadliberty

hottheadliberty Void-Bound Voyager

Ok please guide me here a bit. The ONLY turret i am finding in my game is the defense turret, Is this your turret or have i done something wrong on my installation? If it is your turret then how does it work exactly? i thought there were several different kinds of turrets at one point.

4. hottheadliberty

Is there anyone here that can help me get this mod working, I can not even get the turrets to show up in the wiring table. or any other table for that matter. i get no errors when loading with the mod installed but i honestly can't even tell that it is installed at all besides the red text on the start screen.

5. hottheadliberty

so... dead mod then?

6. BloodyRain2k

7. LoneSlider

LoneSlider Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Something is wrong with these turrets. They attack tenants.

8. agente90

agente90 Aquatic Astronaut

UHmm, smoethings is not working? Why are the turrets disabled? when i set them on a wal, they dont work, i put on a terminal to switch them on, and they dont work. what can i do?

9. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

Out of curiosity... What kind of AI do colony guards use? Since they will attack monsters but not villagers after all and iirc are now "recent" than turrets?

Is there something from their ai/code that could be scavenged for turrets so they could share similar target priorities?
    Basically shooting/attacking monsters but ignoring tenants.

(also... With collars for pretty monsters and augments for epp... Would the engine support the ability for a similar "turrets/vehicles upgrades augments" as a way of customizing something like turrets and/or vehicles?)

10. BloodyRain2k

11. LoneSlider

LoneSlider Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi. File must be *.pak.

12. Taverius

Taverius Phantasmal Quasar

Works good once you rename it to .pak
    Although, can you add in just a tiny bit of firing before aiming?
    As it is, they have great trouble with hippity-hoppity enemies like Gleaps - by the time its done aiming its hopping again and it basically barely gets off a shot.
    Still hoping someone brings the old functionality back - and gives us a way to have a turret fire upwards - but until then, many thanks.

13. BloodyRain2k

14. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

Are there any plans to release a Steam Workshop version? It seems that most mods become more popular through the Workshop than through the official mod repository.

I really like the Workshop for the facts that (a) Installation is absolutely painless and (b) Steam automatically updates all installed mods! The latter is especially useful as it saves the time and effort to check regularly for updates and having to reinstall.

15. Zalexard

Zalexard Subatomic Cosmonaut

I second this motion, been looking everyday to see if it's already there. :p

16. JoshyAulder

JoshyAulder Void-Bound Voyager

It wasn't working, then I noticed other mods using .pak format while this used .modpak. Dunno for sure if that was the reason but after unpacking it, it worked just fine.

Great work, really loving this mod :D

17. BloodyRain2k

Not gonna happen. Unless there's a way to grab old versions of a mod. Because the auto updating will bite you one day in the butt when an update nukes your character and you can't revert the update to fix it.
    Also I can't be bothered for now to figure out how so I'll stick with uploading the zip's here.

.modpak's are indeed "broken" now but where the heck did you get this one as .modpak? o_O as far as I remember did I upload it as .zip

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  18. Zalexard

Zalexard Subatomic Cosmonaut

That's a shame, a lot of people were looking forward to it... :\

19. JoshyAulder

JoshyAulder Void-Bound Voyager

I downloaded it directly from here. The .modpak was in a zip though

20. BloodyRain2k

It's not like there are many updates for this one :p
    But should I change my mind and put it there I'll mention it here.

Ok, then you must have downloaded either an older version, as I think there are 1 or 2 that were test wise in modpak, or the server is messing with us.