1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Plz add gems. (Love Collecting)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by TheyLiveWeSleep, Jul 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. TheyLiveWeSleep

TheyLiveWeSleep Poptop Tamer

Hi there Chucklefish,

As the title says i have the suggestion of adding gemstones to the game. I already like this game more than Terraria but i'm really missing looking around and finding those awesome precious gemstones. Could you consider adding them in at some point?
    Things like diamond, ruby, sapphire and all that.
    That would be so great!
    I hope that there are other people here that love finding these stones and that they will make a comment here as well.
    Remember people, if we want it, we shall get it! That's how it works because developers want us happy which improves sales.
    Lets create some demand for this.
    Love to all.

Kaede Grimwater likes this.
  2. korda

korda Pangalactic Porcupine

Well there are fossils currently (did you check out this btw?), I guess adding some other collectibles would be nice.

3. LaDestitute

LaDestitute Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well, we have diamonds, at least. There are also a few other items that count as gems. Crystals and Prism Shards.

4. aerionop

aerionop Big Damn Hero

Do you want gems to be used for crafting and such, or just something you want to collect?
    Because if it's collecting precious minerals, there are the geodes that you can break for place-able trophies of every type of ore etc. Also the geodes themselves with the entire spectrum of colors.

5. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

http://starbounder.org/Geode

6. TheyLiveWeSleep

Nice i didnt know that. Thanks guys maybe i'll come across some of these things.
    Sorry about that, i havent been playing very long yet.
    I just love searching, finding and collecting shiny things and i dont care about crafting something with it or not.
    I like putting them in a locker and storing them all up.

7. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

8. Kaede Grimwater

Kaede Grimwater Existential Complex

Well if they added amethyst, I would collect every bit of it I could possibly find.

9. TheyLiveWeSleep

me 2!

10. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

try volcanic palnets there is the ebst chance for crystaline subbiomes.

11. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

12. Zinerith

Zinerith Cosmic Narwhal

wait, what? I have never even seen a geode, and I've been playing for quite a long time!

13. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

how many volcanic planets have you visited?

on the other side i have not found any kiwi yet.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  14. Esev

Esev Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I have found some geodes and the sound they make iss really cool, I wish I could have geodes like that in my town.
    And the only kiwi I got was from a glitch in a castle for one of those random missions (I planted the kiwi and kept the seed aftewards)

15. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

I think we can build geode notes irrc, yet I don't think they look as cool as the once you can find freely.

16. Thetafox

Thetafox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, I share your love for gems and collecting them, all I did in skyrim, been thinking of making a gem mod for starbound, hopefully it won't be as difficult as I'm expecting, if I come up with something I'll try to upload it to the steam workshop and I'll send you a PM

17. DarkTails

DarkTails Big Damn Hero

The digging nature of this game seems perfect for adding tons of collectible items buried deep down. I'm up for making tons of sprites if anyone wants to make a mod that adds more collectible items. Things like mini statues, coins, posters, etc.

Would probably be a good idea to embed small things like coins into the backdrop layer of dirt so they aren't so obvious. (is that how fossils are found?) Bigger items could simply be in treasure chests.