1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite monsters

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by LizardGaming, Jul 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. LizardGaming

LizardGaming Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Tell me a certain monster you like, and why.

My favorite monster is the Mother Poptop.
    use command "/spawnmonster motherpoptop" to summon the Mother Poptop (it will spawn young Poptops overtime).
    Killing a Mother Poptop will give you the achievement "Not In Front Of The Children!"

2. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

I like fennixes because they look fluffy and cute!

LostSeeker likes this.
  3. Mr T

Mr T Void-Bound Voyager

Oni from Little Kings Story.

4. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Monster from starbound: Poptops. I have one tethered in my bedroom (no, its not like that you sick pervs), it sings for me when i sleep.

5. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

my favorite is one of the generated ones. That looks like a Koala. Why? well... I just like Koalas. :nurutease:

Out of the designed ones... hmm... The squirrel I guess. That fire breather is a terror to be reckoned with; especially if it so happens to be an enemies pet they toss at me.

6. Another Kevin

Another Kevin Phantasmal Quasar

http://starbounder.org/Peblit

I like it when they hit me off guard and their design is great.

Their invulnerability while crouched is pointless though. The ability to often get the first strike due to their camouflage is enough as a special attribute. The crouch invulnerability is highly questionable and an unnecessary way to slow down combat in my opinion.

[​IMG]
    --- Post updated ---
    The fluffy being that those two are referring to :

[​IMG]

Tamorr likes this.
  7. LuckyRare

LuckyRare Phantasmal Quasar

I still remember the weird Moose like creatures with bizarre colours that looked like those bobbing head dolls, when pretending to graze... Reminded me of these guys
    [​IMG]

8. lllolller

lllolller Void-Bound Voyager

I love the peblit! They always scare me.
    WELCOME TO THE FORUMS :lickitung::lickitung::lickitung::lickitung:

Another Kevin likes this.
  9. phichikapparho

phichikapparho Subatomic Cosmonaut

My favorite is the Slender Man like monster with an egg on his head I'm not sure what they called it. But as of yet it is the only monster that has ever made me worried that I might actually get killed by it. They do this really sweet sword dash that sounds almost as intimidating as it looks and I have been killed by it a couple times.

Well my plan is to capture one of everything in the universe and put it on the same planet if I can. That is probably the only monster that I'm going to want around with me just exploring.

10. Another Kevin

This one maybe?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

phichikapparho likes this.
  11. phichikapparho

phichikapparho Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yes that was exactly that. Sorry If was at home I would have found it myself. Thanks for finding it.

I think my favorite thing about them is how well they hide in some of the biomes. Right before springing up and cutting your head off.

12. Sgt.fox170

Sgt.fox170 Existential Complex

Hello and Welcome to the Forums! Well I don't have a favorite mob and if I have to pick the one what Bona said.

13. Mr T

Mr T Void-Bound Voyager

Wait, are we talking about favourite monster in general or from starboard.

14. Another Kevin

Starbound, otherwise this thread would be in "general discussion".

I'm a detective, trust me. :proper:

15. Mr T

Mr T Void-Bound Voyager

Oops. In that case I love the robot enemies. Smart and cool.

16. Another Kevin

I like the little cleaner bots :3

[​IMG]

17. LizardGaming

LizardGaming Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That looks like a fusion between the Headcrab Zombie from Half-Life 2 and Slenderman! Where can you find those things?

18. Garatgh Deloi

Midnight planets if im not mistaken (or are they called storm planets now? Anyway, the dark biome where everything is allways dark). Beware though, they can hide before they suddenly strike.

19. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

sad is we cannot as in a previous built put animals somwhere as the new pet emchanics prevent this :/ bye bye zoo's

they are in the hive biome, you can also find it on voclanic planets.

I wish we could ride the bigger ones

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=732664150

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  20. Garatgh Deloi

Theres pet tethers that you can put down to place a pet at a location. You build them at the pet station (a late game crafting station).

LilyV3 likes this.