1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated StarMount 5.1

StarMount - 150 Mounts - Pleased Giraffe

1. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

"There was no reason to leave it in..." - all the mods that relied on it to function and there being zero reasons to remove a decrepit function for the sake of compatibility. Those seem like pretty damn good reasons to me...

Hell, they had their own vanilla mechs that used said function... Those are gone now, and all we have are REALLY sh*tty hoverbikes that break in half when you blow on them... Y_Y

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

To put it simply: This was something that happened because their API was reworked into a much more robust system. The end result is superior to what was there before.
    In the case of mounts, it wasn't removing something. It was completely revamping the entire Tech concept in the game from the ground up. You can still make mounts. You simply have to do it a different (and better, IMO) way that takes a bit more commitment and knowledge. Now the mount needs to be a vehicle, rather than a mystically appearing tech item. You therefore could make mounts you need to feed, keep healthy, etc. Rather than push a button and voila, you have a magical horse.

And yet the XS mechs revamp mod managed to make mechs function amazingly well via modding using the new vehicle code, proving that you can do exactly what you want to if you put your mind to it for vehicles, mounts, etc. (I've actually never even used the vehicles in-game. Never saw a point in doing so)

You've been here about as long as I have so you've watched the product grow. You know things are constantly improved and altered, and I don't need to spew the standard Early Access shit to make a point. All in all, you do not design a product around what your modders want. You design your game how you want, provide a decent API and let the modders figure it out on their own.

jonathonspy likes this.
  3. shadowhunter46

shadowhunter46 Void-Bound Voyager

im not unlocking the techs its giving me "unlocker" items

4. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

5. Infrosor

Infrosor Aquatic Astronaut

I don't know what i'm doing wrong, but when I'm trying to play in starbound with this mod, there are a "Fatal Exception" that named "MonsterException" , and it telling me that I must "Repeat monster type name"

6. Gamesta569

Gamesta569 Intergalactic Tourist

the link for the mod isnt working

7. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

Once again, in BIGGER letters this time.

This mod has been dropped to the scrap heap of history. Over and done with. Toss it, as it no longer works.

jonathonspy likes this.
  8. SQUISHS

SQUISHS Space Hobo

i need help downloading the mod as it requires me to go to a dropbox site which provides error 404 thereby disallowing me from downloading the mod plz help

9. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

See my previous post.

Can we get a mod to lock this?

jonathonspy likes this.
  10. D9sinc

D9sinc Big Damn Hero

It's a shame this mod is no longer available. I remember having so much fun with it. Oh well I guess everything has to end eventually.

jonathonspy likes this.
  11. LeilaSodapop

LeilaSodapop Void-Bound Voyager

Kinda sad that this mod won't be updated, and I havent even used it yet... I really hope that someone can try to pick it up where he left off and update it.. But anyways, anyone know mods like this that add a TON of them (vehicles and mounts)? Preferably one that is updated for 1.0 (If there's even any updated ones like I asked out there)

12. xGliTcH_

xGliTcH_ Space Hobo

Hey the download site no longer works for me
    "Error (404)
    We can't find the page you're looking for."

13. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

Please, update this mod... :cry:

14. Tedry

Tedry Space Hobo

Well there is still hope. ZZ Mechs are working as flying and shooting "mounts" so why wouldnt there be a chance for organic mounts to exist? The content creator has just ask how the creators of ZZ Mechs did it and boom. We have organic mounts.

jonathonspy likes this.
  15. turdz

turdz Void-Bound Voyager

man i got so excited. it looks like you did some really cool stuff! back on the hunt for some cool mounts.

16. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

So... If I'm reading correctly: Am I to understand that the author -is- currently working on or planning on an update for 1.0? Just wanting a bit of clarification to avoid confusion.

jonathonspy and turdz like this.
  17. LegendXCarisso

LegendXCarisso Pangalactic Porcupine

I guess it's that time of year again. He goes to the shrine.... he does the dance of his people. Necromancy, all in the name and pursuit of knowledge.

"Will this ever be revived? I hope it will.... one day."

18. kolbosa

kolbosa Void-Bound Voyager

19. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

I'm working on updating this mod. If anyone knows contact information for the author, I would love to have it. I've tried searching all over the web, he hasnt been on his deviantart in 2 years either.

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

he vanished off the face of the earth. I tried to contact him ages back. No luck.